+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finally landed in toronto today!

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
hi every one,
first of all thanks to everyone for sharing the infornation on this form which helped alot. Today i am just putting our landing experience for you guys who are in proccess ofanding soon so here we go:
Started the journey from Gatwick airport to Toronto by Air transat the flight was chock o block, but managed the time quiet well and we were on toronto airport 20 min earlier then the schedule time, we were really tensed which was natural but let me tell that terminal three at Toronto airport is confusing and you will hardly see the staff to ask for assistance. The immigration quese were very long and as a new immigrant we were expecting that there will be a seperate window or something straight away but after struggling to get some info i find out that we also have to follow the same line and then they will gonna send us to the different window. On the other windowit was not busy at all and officer asked us to show the funds physically, and she was not at all friendly none of them were other then the two womens whom we met after signing the COPR those two women warmly welcome us canada and hand out the info to read and they were quiet helpful and nice.
On the luggage end it was a night mare as the luggage for two flights were rolling on the same belt and one person was throwing it from the belt on the floor.
when we went to customs they ask me to bring pictures of my Gold jewellery with appaisal with in weeks time and then they will gonna stamped my goods to follow list and there the completed my funds. declaration form and thats was it. Toronto is a nice place i love the houses and neighbourhood here.

best of luck!

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, Congratulations and good luck. After long while, some has shared landing experience. Did they just ask for "Show Physical Funds" or they also counted if its complete or some dollars short :)

heliconia

Sep 28, 2009
congratulations
as u did..
i joined recently..and after reading ur successful story got lot of strength.
good luck

heliconia

yunusee

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Please answer the queries against ur mail regarding proof of fund. How important it is? I want to stay with my relative in canada. In that case, is it mendatory to show fund during landing? Please give a clear answer.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yunusee said:
Please answer the queries against ur mail regarding proof of fund. How important it is? I want to stay with my relative in canada. In that case, is it mendatory to show fund during landing? Please give a clear answer.
if you are a skilled worker, its mandatory to show minimum fund during landing even if you want to stay with your relatives in canada.

yunusee

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
ja77 said:
yunusee said:
if you are a skilled worker, its mandatory to show minimum fund during landing even if you want to stay with your relatives in canada.
What is that minimum amount? Is it exactly same as i showed in proof of fund or lum sum.?

grjoshi

Sep 17, 2009
Hey it was nice of you to share our experience...keeps your hopes high...Wish you all the best for your new life in Canada!

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yunusee said:
What is that minimum amount? Is it exactly same as i showed in proof of fund or lum sum.?
this depends upon the number of your family members. this can be different as to what you showed at the time of sending your full application, but should not be less than the mimimum required amount. for minimum required amount based on the number of family members, see this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
sfkiyani1 said:
hi every one,
first of all thanks to everyone for sharing the infornation on this form which helped alot. Today i am just putting our landing experience for you guys who are in proccess ofanding soon so here we go:
Started the journey from Gatwick airport to Toronto by Air transat the flight was chock o block, but managed the time quiet well and we were on toronto airport 20 min earlier then the schedule time, we were really tensed which was natural but let me tell that terminal three at Toronto airport is confusing and you will hardly see the staff to ask for assistance. The immigration quese were very long and as a new immigrant we were expecting that there will be a seperate window or something straight away but after struggling to get some info i find out that we also have to follow the same line and then they will gonna send us to the different window. On the other windowit was not busy at all and officer asked us to show the funds physically, and she was not at all friendly none of them were other then the two womens whom we met after signing the COPR those two women warmly welcome us canada and hand out the info to read and they were quiet helpful and nice.
On the luggage end it was a night mare as the luggage for two flights were rolling on the same belt and one person was throwing it from the belt on the floor.
when we went to customs they ask me to bring pictures of my Gold jewellery with appaisal with in weeks time and then they will gonna stamped my goods to follow list and there the completed my funds. declaration form and thats was it. Toronto is a nice place i love the houses and neighbourhood here.

best of luck!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Whom they refer to for Gold Jwellery appaisal? Did you show it as your minimum fund requirement? Why do they want it to be appaised?

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Can anyone tell what does it mean to show funds physcially? Should it be meant to carry all amount in cash like if we are four than i need to carry 20,000++.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
bluepine said:
Can anyone tell what does it mean to show funds physcially? Should it be meant to carry all amount in cash like if we are four than i need to carry 20,000++.
No

You can take it in the form of Bank Draft /TC also.