+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally in Canada for at least six months!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Quebec, I am not able to get on my Canadian husband's health insurance even though we are married. His current insurance plan with his work requires spouses be on the provincial plan for at least three months before they can go on the company's health insurance coverage, and I can't get on the provincial plan until I am a permanent resident.

Also, it is worth checking with your current home country's insurance to see if you are covered while in Canada. Mine did cover me in Canad, but eventually they got tired of me not living in my home country's state of residence (but that took a long time) and I had to get a Canadian visitor health insurance. (I used Blue Cross Quebec.)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
QCSunshine said:
In Quebec, I am not able to get on my Canadian husband's health insurance even though we are married. His current insurance plan with his work requires spouses be on the provincial plan for at least three months before they can go on the company's health insurance coverage, and I can't get on the provincial plan until I am a permanent resident.
My coverage was similar. I couldn't add my husband to my benefits plan (dental and medical) until he had OHIP. And he obviously couldn't get OHIP until he was a PR and had lived here for three months. This made sense to me because my benefits plan at work builds on what OHIP provides.

Anyway, all that's in the past and he's living it up now. :) He went to the dentist the other day and only had to pay $30 of a $300 bill.