+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally I got my renewed PR card-for your reference

Tony Yang

Sep 27, 2016
Just obtained my renewed PR card after 1.5 years of waiting!

My case was submitted in June 2015, second-reviewed in Nov of 2015 and notification of passing in Dec 2016. For anyone who shares my background, this timescale is for your reference. During this glacial time, repeated calls have been made to CIC, emails written to Minister of Immigration and even calling for my MP to learn the process, the only response I got is "there is no timescale when your case enters into second-review and all you can do is to wait."

This Sep my mom passed away, but I can't leave Canada to see her last time because what I have is only the outdated PR card and I'm afraid I can't got permission into Canada again! One is allowed to apply Travel Document, but my friend I tell you: the process of applying a Travel Document is still very long dependant on where you apply and you have to provide many many materials to prove you're qualified.

I'm suffered quite a lot in this 1.5 years! I'm speechless when I finally make it!

Good luck for you all!

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Tony Yang said:
Just obtained my renewed PR card after 1.5 years of waiting!

My case was submitted in June 2015, second-reviewed in Nov of 2015 and notification of passing in Dec 2016. For anyone who shares my background, this timescale is for your reference. During this glacial time, repeated calls have been made to CIC, emails written to Minister of Immigration and even calling for my MP to learn the process, the only response I got is "there is no timescale when your case enters into second-review and all you can do is to wait."

This Sep my mom passed away, but I can't leave Canada to see her last time because what I have is only the outdated PR card and I'm afraid I can't got permission into Canada again! One is allowed to apply Travel Document, but my friend I tell you: the process of applying a Travel Document is still very long dependant on where you apply and you have to provide many many materials to prove you're qualified.

I'm suffered quite a lot in this 1.5 years! I'm speechless when I finally make it!

Good luck for you all!
Very sorry to hear that. I feel your pain, and this is insane...

Can you share with us why it took them 1.5 years and why they ask for second viewing? This can help us learn and possibly get surrounded by it when we have a situation similar to yours in the future.

Tony Yang

Sep 27, 2016
Even now I can't figure out why my case last so long. The only reason I can guess is that my time in/out of Canada could be more than average when I worked for a company with which overseas business trips involve a lot. Although the total resident time I spent in Canada was up to the standard, my case may leave an impression for the immigration officer that I didn't constrain my foot in Canada as much as p0ossible.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Tony Yang said:
Even now I can't figure out why my case last so long. The only reason I can guess is that my time in/out of Canada could be more than average when I worked for a company with which overseas business trips involve a lot. Although the total resident time I spent in Canada was up to the standard, my case may leave an impression for the immigration officer that I didn't constrain my foot in Canada as much as p0ossible.
Thanks for your sharing, and good luck!