+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally I did my landing

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
martha marita said:
Thanks for encouraging Eduardo. By the way how did you go about accomt e odation and housing. I have no clue how i will go about it when i land. Did you get somewhere to stay before you landed or they can give you advise on where to temporary lodge or stay.

Please advise.
Martha
Hi Martha

I did a reservation for a room in an hotel before we came to Calgary, then as soon as we arrived our first target was to find out for an apartment for rent, it was not easy but we got it (2 bethroom apartment for 1289 CAD per month, wather and heating included)

Regards
Eduardo

hv3

Aug 30, 2007
quick questio, when u say "landing"
it means u came as a tourist and then aply for job permit and residency? and if yes, how much money u estimate to bring along?

im plning on traveling to stay in alberta.

thanx in advance

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
martha marita said:
Thanks for encouraging Eduardo. By the way how did you go about accomt e odation and housing. I have no clue how i will go about it when i land. Did you get somewhere to stay before you landed or they can give you advise on where to temporary lodge or stay.

Please advise.
Martha
Hi Martha

Actually I first stood at hotel, and then I started looking for an apartment through the classifieds and Internet,

Regards
Eduardo

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Sorry to be a botha. I understand to find an appartment you need someone to guarantee or sign for you some papers is that true. I am really asking because i do not have relatives or no one i know in canada. I am just wondering how to get about. I will be probably in ontaria kitchener but still undecided.

Thanks.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations my man it's nice hearing that you arrived in Canada after tha waiting game. Hope to be there soon

nimi

Sep 27, 2007
congrats.............all the best in your new life and adventure. We'll be coming soon by God's grace.
Pls stay on d forumn as yr experience will be useful to upcomers.
congrats again.

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
martha marita said:

Please advise.
Martha
Martha,

What you can do is looking on the internet (classifieds, renting websites) for places to rent in your city. Thats what we did and found one prior to our landing. Its hard because you dont know where you would want to live (part of the town) and if you do not have a job that makes it even harder. Nonetheless we found it much better renting in apartment then to stay in a hotel (more expensive).

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hey my Friends

I have received our Resident cards; it just took one Month and a half

So here you are a brief resume of my settlement here in Calgary.

* Landing at Calgary international Airport from McAllen Texas (August 11th)
* Stood in a Hotel for almost 3 weeks (a little bite expensive by the way)
* Rented an apartment two days after our arrival, my sister in love signed for us, it is $1,289 CAD per month (the apartment was available until September 1st)
* applied for Health cards, We received the cards the same day (I paid $240 CAD for 3 Months service, once you get a job it is much likely that the employer pays for it)
* got my kids registered at the Calgary Board of Education and they sent them to a school close to our neighbourhood
* I went through some interviews on my search for job
* I got a job offer two weeks ago and I took it, (so I was unemployed for almost 6 weeks)

It is not cheap, that is why CIC insists for the available funds. I have spent about $18,000 CAD on this 3 Months, of course I bought a car $5,500 CAD (Plymouth 98) and the hotel for 3 weeks was almost $3,000 CAD so I could say that our settlement expenses had been so far almost $8,000 CAD.

Cheers my friends and happy Thanksgiving and God bless you all
Eduardo