Med's Done....
[move][color=green]16 Feb 2016 [/color][/move]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
[move][color=red]18 Mar 2016 RIH[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
News Release — List of Priority Occupations and Organizations Designated to Conduct Educational Credential Assessments for Federal Skilled Worker Program Released

Subscribe
RSS (What is RSS?)
Email

Share this page

Ottawa, April 18, 2013 —The list of 24 occupations that are eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) when it re-opens on May 4, 2013 was released today.

In addition, four organizations have been designated to provide the now-required independent third party assessments of foreign educational credentials for applicants who studied outside of Canada. These assessments, which must be completed before an application is submitted, are aimed at helping newcomers through the FSWP to get off to a better start and into the Canadian labour force more quickly when they arrive.

“The government’s focus remains on jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Kenney. “Under the new Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canada will be able to attract the skilled immigrants our economy requires, who are the most likely to succeed and contribute their full skill set to the Canadian economy.”

With the re-opening date approaching, future applicants should be aware of several key elements that will have an effect on the application process:
•A new eligible occupations list, with a total of 24 occupations;
•An overall cap of 5,000 new applications for all eligible occupations, including a sub-cap of 300 new applications for each eligible occupation;
•Four organizations have been designated to conduct educational credential assessments (mandatory for applicants submitting foreign educational credentials); and
•Applicants must show proof that they meet the minimum threshold of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in all four language skill areas: speaking, reading, writing and oral comprehension.

“As a result of the actions taken by the Government to deal with the massive backlogs and unacceptably long wait times, FSW applications will be processed in approximately one year,” said Minister Kenney. “We will not be able to remain competitive and attract the skilled immigrants we need if we allow backlogs and wait times to grow again. That’s why we are capping application intake and focusing on specific occupations that are experiencing labour shortages in Canada. This will also help us transition nicely into the just-in-time immigration system of the future.”

Applications under the new FSWP will be accepted starting May 4, 2013. Until then, however, the FSWP application process does not change – only individuals with qualifying job offers or those applying under the PhD stream are eligible for processing.

All applicants who are considering applying on or after May 4 are invited to consult the Backgrounder. It outlines some of the steps that can be taken now to prepare and includes the eligible occupations list and the organizations designated to conduct educational credential assessments.

modysudan

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]LVO- RFI[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=red]3112[/color][/move]
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]24 Oct 2014 @ CIO[/color][/move]
Nomination.....
[move][color=blue]19 Feb 2015 PER[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
[move][color=red]12 Feb 2016 RIH[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
•0211 Engineering managers
•1112 Financial and investment analysts
•2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
•2131 Civil engineers
•2132 Mechanical engineers
•2134 Chemical engineers
•2143 Mining engineers
•2144 Geological engineers
•2145 Petroleum engineers
•2146 Aerospace engineers
•2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
•2154 Land surveyors
•2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
•2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
•2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
•3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
•3142 Physiotherapists
•3143 Occupational Therapists
•3211 Medical laboratory technologists
•3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
•3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
•3215 Medical radiation technologists
•3216 Medical sonographers
•3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

Another important change that takes effect on May 4, 2013, is the introduction of the educational credential assessment (ECA). Prospective applicants may start the process of getting an ECA before May 4 if they are planning to submit a foreign educational credential. However, applicants should keep in mind the other program eligibility requirements listed above, i.e. whether they have a qualifying offer of arranged employment or are applying under the PhD stream or eligible occupations stream; and if they meet the minimum language threshold through a designated third-party test. Applicants who have Canadian educational credentials do not need to get an ECA, unless they are also submitting a foreign educational credential in support of their application.

The ECA process will help determine if the foreign educational credential is authentic and equivalent to a completed credential in Canada. For prospective applicants, the ECA can provide a realistic understanding of how their foreign educational credentials are likely to be recognized in Canada.

As of April 17, 2013, four organizations have been designated by the Minister to provide ECA reports for purposes of immigrating to Canada under the FSWP. Additional organizations may be designated by CIC in the future. The designated organizations are:
•Comparative Education Service;
•International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
•World Education Services; and,
•Medical Council of Canada.

jig nesh

Jan 3, 2012
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 20th November
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
11th Feb 2015. Medical Received: 19th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
what is the site name it was posted and do they have occupation list mentioned there?

modysudan

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]LVO- RFI[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=red]3112[/color][/move]
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]24 Oct 2014 @ CIO[/color][/move]
Nomination.....
[move][color=blue]19 Feb 2015 PER[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
[move][color=red]12 Feb 2016 RIH[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
CIC website frnd :(
go to News , Backgrounder

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
This is good news for a lot of engineers (and computer scientists) :) Apparently the government deems that engineering jobs are currently now in demand, and they are re-instated back into the accepted NOC list. Pleasing surprises for these people, but a blow for nurses :(

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
asbereth said:
This is good news for a lot of engineers (and computer scientists) :) Apparently the government deems that engineering jobs are currently now in demand, and they are re-instated back into the accepted NOC list. Pleasing surprises for these people, but a blow for nurses :(
im one of those nurses :(((((

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kimmyCRN said:
im one of those nurses :(((((
Ya, that's unfortunate (not just for nurses, but also for others in medical professions) :( I know a lot of nurses and engineers, and I have always been under the impression that nurses are always on-demand (and it is always easier for them than the engineers to find jobs). But I suppose last decade had probably seen a substantial increase in the number of nurses, and while they still have no problem finding jobs, the field is no longer in shortage. I hope you find another way to immigrate to Canada.

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
asbereth said:
Ya, that's unfortunate (not just for nurses, but also for others in medical professions) :( I know a lot of nurses and engineers, and I have always been under the impression that nurses are always on-demand (and it is always easier for them than the engineers to find jobs). But I suppose last decade had probably seen a substantial increase in the number of nurses, and while they still have no problem finding jobs, the field is no longer in shortage. I hope you find another way to immigrate to Canada.
i have relative in canada, and according to them(on their location in BC), nurses are still in demand. shortage is still a problem.

i think,because medical professions still have to pass an exam to practice their career that's why they removed the said occupation.

what are the other way to immigrate? quebec is not an option, pnp requires an arranged employment...darn...so depressed right now, and its 12:30am! cant go to sleep :(

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
kimmyCRN said:
i have relative in canada, and according to them(on their location in BC), nurses are still in demand. shortage is still a problem.

i think,because medical professions still have to pass an exam to practice their career that's why they removed the said occupation.

what are the other way to immigrate? quebec is not an option, pnp requires an arranged employment...darn...so depressed right now, and its 12:30am! cant go to sleep :(

Please also remember, just because you are not eligible to apply as a FSW without a job offer, a couple of other routes immediately spring to mind

1) Apply WITH a job offer. You'll need to get a job offer with an LMO from HRDSC and then apply for a temporary work permit, then you can apply for residency whilst working in Canada

2) Have a look into provincial nomination. Nursing may still be in demand in certain provinces. In this situation you still need a job offer BUT the province and sponsor your application, negating the need for an LMO.

3) If your relative in Canada doesn't have any other relatives in Canada they may be able to sponsor you under family sponsorship. May be worth looking into as well.

Both of those options require a little more work than FSW1 but are doable.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
I am trying to help my sister in law in India to apply under FSWP. I am a bit confused about the new list. She works for a bank in the credit card collection division. Is there a code under the new list for this occupation. I could not find any.

Can someone please help in clarifying this?

Thanks

happiness2all

Apr 18, 2013
I have a question, i am a communication engineer but i have 4 years experience in IT field as network engineer, so can i apply under Computer Engineer or i must have BSC. of computer science.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
jig nesh said:
what is the site name it was posted and do they have occupation list mentioned there?

Backgrounder — Information for Applicants to the New Federal Skilled Worker Program
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-04-18.asp#list

Ronald

May 27, 2013
I would like to ask your thoughts on my case. I'm a pharmacist by profession who have worked as full-time and part-time pharmacist from Feb 2007 up to May 2009. Thereafter, I have been working as full-time Pollution Control Officer NOC 2263 in a university since June 2007 until present and part-time lecturer of the College of Pharmacy in the same university since June 2009 until present.

Since there is no Pharmacist NOC 3131 and College Instructor, I would like to apply for NOC 2263 which is open now. However, it is only BS Pharmacy academic credentials which I could provide. Is it possible for me to apply for NOC 2263?

Thanks. :D

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Ronald said:
I would like to ask your thoughts on my case. I'm a pharmacist by profession who have worked as full-time and part-time pharmacist from Feb 2007 up to May 2009. Thereafter, I have been working as full-time Pollution Control Officer NOC 2263 in a university since June 2007 until present and part-time lecturer of the College of Pharmacy in the same university since June 2009 until present.

Since there is no Pharmacist NOC 3131 and College Instructor, I would like to apply for NOC 2263 which is open now. However, it is only BS Pharmacy academic credentials which I could provide. Is it possible for me to apply for NOC 2263?

Thanks. :D

Largely boils down to whether or not the NOC in question is a regulated profession with minimum credential requirements. Examples of regulated professions would include I believe community pharmacy (where a degree in pharmacy is a requirement) and teaching etc.

If you take a look at the HRDSC page for this NOC:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2263

Employment requirements

- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a discipline such as food science, environmental studies, chemistry or health and safety is usually required.
- In some establishments, several years of related work experience and the completion of in-house training courses may substitute for formal education.
- Public health inspectors employed outside Quebec require certification with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors.
- Occupational health and safety officers may require certification with the Association for Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.

The visa officer will probably use this as a guideline to determine if certain qualifications are mandatory.

Ronald

May 27, 2013
Cappuccino said:
Largely boils down to whether or not the NOC in question is a regulated profession with minimum credential requirements. Examples of regulated professions would include I believe community pharmacy (where a degree in pharmacy is a requirement) and teaching etc.

Employment requirements

- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a discipline such as food science, environmental studies, chemistry or health and safety is usually required.
- In some establishments, several years of related work experience and the completion of in-house training courses may substitute for formal education.
- Public health inspectors employed outside Quebec require certification with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors.
- Occupational health and safety officers may require certification with the Association for Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.

The visa officer will probably use this as a guideline to determine if certain qualifications are mandatory.
Thank you for your well thought. In other words, there would be risk if I would pursue applying under NOC 2263. I have been appointed to function under such NOC for remarkable years although I don't bear any degree mentioned in the minimum requirements. In your opinion, should I submit documents and apply under NOC 2263? What's your take if you're me?