+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final Request Email

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have a few questions. I think I know the answers to my questions, but I want to be 100% sure before I send in the papers so that my application won't be delayed any longer than it has been.

I received an email from "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" a few hours ago. It said at the beginning "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete."

The concerns I have, is whether or not I need to send my ACTUAL PASSPORT, or photocopies. I am from the United States of America, would that mean I just need to send the photocopies? They sent me a link to help me figure it out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

Under "visa exempt" United States is listed, and before that it says "The following travellers need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to board their flight to Canada. However, these travellers do not need an eTA if entering by land or sea – for instance driving from the U.S. or coming by bus, train, or boat, including cruise ship."

But then, in the email, under that it says " If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months."

So is this telling me I ONLY SEND PHOTOCOPIES? Like I said, I am from the United States.

Also, in the email, it is telling me: Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member.
Is this meaning JUST ME? I am the only one my husband is sponsoring.

The email also has a form "ANNEX A". The ANNEX A says:
TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS

I agree that the permanent resident visa will be affixed to my passport and dependents’ passports, if applicable.

My Permanent Resident visa and/or confirmation of permanent residence will be mailed to the below Canadian or US address.

Since I am currently IN CANADA VISITING, do I use the canadian address I am CURRENTLY AT? Also, they sent me the ANNEX A in the email itself, not as an attachment. Do I just print out the email and fill the ANNEX A that way?

Thank you

C

Classic Chucks

Would I use the canadian address I'm at right now for the annex a?
I believe yes.

Do you have this?
Submitting your document(s) in Canada

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) or if applicable, photocopy(ies) of passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paidXpresspost envelope fromCanada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada PostXpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
I have a few questions. I think I know the answers to my questions, but I want to be 100% sure before I send in the papers so that my application won't be delayed any longer than it has been.

I received an email from "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" a few hours ago. It said at the beginning "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete."

The concerns I have, is whether or not I need to send my ACTUAL PASSPORT, or photocopies. I am from the United States of America, would that mean I just need to send the photocopies? They sent me a link to help me figure it out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

Under "visa exempt" United States is listed, and before that it says "The following travellers need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to board their flight to Canada. However, these travellers do not need an eTA if entering by land or sea – for instance driving from the U.S. or coming by bus, train, or boat, including cruise ship."

But then, in the email, under that it says " If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months."

So is this telling me I ONLY SEND PHOTOCOPIES? Like I said, I am from the United States.

Also, in the email, it is telling me: Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member.
Is this meaning JUST ME? I am the only one my husband is sponsoring.

The email also has a form "ANNEX A". The ANNEX A says:
TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS

I agree that the permanent resident visa will be affixed to my passport and dependents’ passports, if applicable.

My Permanent Resident visa and/or confirmation of permanent residence will be mailed to the below Canadian or US address.

Since I am currently IN CANADA VISITING, do I use the canadian address I am CURRENTLY AT? Also, they sent me the ANNEX A in the email itself, not as an attachment. Do I just print out the email and fill the ANNEX A that way?

Thank you
I literally just did everything you are talking about. Only send a photocopy of your passport. 2 photos of yourself only. Make sure you follow the specs and have the back of one stamped by photographer and put your name and dob on the back of both. I simply printed off the email and filled out the Annex A because when I tried to copy and paste into Word, the barcode would disappear and not copy over. I am also currently visiting and used my Canadian address. I sent mine via Canada Xpresspost on Friday June 9th. They received it Monday June 12th. As of yesterday, Mycic changed to application complete and approved, which typically means they have sent off my COPR, however the tracking on my return Xpresspost envelope hasn't yet activated. I should be getting my COPR in the mail fairly quickly though I'd suspect.

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I literally just did everything you are talking about. Only send a photocopy of your passport. 2 photos of yourself only. Make sure you follow the specs and have the back of one stamped by photographer and put your name and dob on the back of both. I simply printed off the email and filled out the Annex A because when I tried to copy and paste into Word, the barcode would disappear and not copy over. I am also currently visiting and used my Canadian address. I sent mine via Canada Xpresspost on Friday June 9th. They received it Monday June 12th. As of yesterday, Mycic changed to application complete and approved, which typically means they have sent off my COPR, however the tracking on my return Xpresspost envelope hasn't yet activated. I should be getting my COPR in the mail fairly quickly though I'd suspect.
Thank you. Which pages are the amendments?

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Are the amendments the last few pages after the visa pages end? Bc that's what I sent In
I'm not sure about the amendments on the passport because I didn't have any. I just sent in my bio page with pic.

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Also I received my COPR last Friday. So it took one week from when I sent my stuff to them. The valid until date is a little random. It's usually whenever your medicals expire, which would be October for me. But my COPR is valid until Feb 1, 2018.

C

Classic Chucks

Also I received my COPR last Friday. So it took one week from when I sent my stuff to them. The valid until date is a little random. It's usually whenever your medicals expire, which would be October for me. But my COPR is valid until Feb 1, 2018.
They may have extended your medical expiry.

Last edited by a moderator:

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
They entended your medical expiry.
Yes, it was just a little odd to me because I thought they only did that if your medical was expired or about to expire very soon after issuing COPR. Mine was still valid for another 4 months. Oh well, I hope to do my landing next month.

C

Classic Chucks

Yes, it was just a little odd to me because I thought they only did that if your medical was expired or about to expire very soon after issuing COPR. Mine was still valid for another 4 months. Oh well, I hope to do my landing next month.
Sorry for the typo. Yeah, that's not a little odd actually. They do that but not all the time. Good luck! Welcome to Canada!

Reactions: JenTex