+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

final questions/clarifications before i send this application tomorrow!!

lovelex

Feb 27, 2011
hey guys..

so im targeting tomorrow to send this application already.. its been really stressful months and months of digesting this tricky application.

just need some help before i send it tomorrow. hope i can get a quick response.

it seems like i included alot of letters from me and my wife aswell as pictures.. that sure make all this bulky. do you think i should remove some or just give this all anyways?

ive read in the forum that some have problems of not putting the date, name, and signature on the back of the picture. is that really a cause of delay? my wife forgot to do hers when she sent me the pics. should i ask her for new pics or just put name on the current one and send it anyways?

anything else i need to double check upon? ahhh.. im losing my mind already :(
hope i can just send this one tomorrow and just pray that all will be ok.

thanks guys.. really nervous here..

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
group the pix by "occasion" (eg. engagement, wedding, reception, birthday, trip1, trip2 etc) and put them in separate labeled (and dated) envelops. this way you don't need to write things on the back of every picture (although that is probably ideal).

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
If you have an information guide for your region, take a look at it. We are from the Eastern Europe regional guide, and it asks only for her name, her date of birth, and the date the photo was taken, NOT her signature. So, you should be fine filling out the back of her immigrant photos yourself.

It's better to give all the additional evidence you have (letters, and photos), because there's a bigger chance that you will not need an interview if there is something in them that proves your relationship is genuine. If you have some that don't contain too much of importance, you could choose to take them out, but it's up to you. Quality is better than quantity, but if you're unsure...

Just make sure you go through both the Document checklist, and the immigrant checklist for your region to make sure you have everything, double check to be sure you have all the papers signed and dated, and that you did not leave anything blank! Hope this helps! :)

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Lovelex, ang pinadala ko is 1 Card, 1 Letter from my spouse in Canada together the envelope with stamp. Wedding pictures, 1 with my family and the family of my spouse. Both family, sponsors. then I make a letter stated na our communication is by Internet (YM, Skype,) Phoncalls prepaid. yon lang. and its ok naman no problem. kasi ang hinahap ng embassy you have communication until now. may proof naman sa Marraige contract and cenomar.
At yong sa Spouse Questioner: Dapat photocopy ka padala mo sa spouse mo after fill up. kasi pagtinanong yong spouse mo doon tama ang sagot base sa fill-up mo. Yon lang ginawa ko. Photocopy mo lahat na ipapapadala mo for your file.
Hope nakatulong po sayo to.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
Miguel de Cervantes said:
If you have an information guide for your region, take a look at it. We are from the Eastern Europe regional guide, and it asks only for her name, her date of birth, and the date the photo was taken, NOT her signature. So, you should be fine filling out the back of her immigrant photos yourself.

It's better to give all the additional evidence you have (letters, and photos), because there's a bigger chance that you will not need an interview if there is something in them that proves your relationship is genuine. If you have some that don't contain too much of importance, you could choose to take them out, but it's up to you. Quality is better than quantity, but if you're unsure...

Just make sure you go through both the Document checklist, and the immigrant checklist for your region to make sure you have everything, double check to be sure you have all the papers signed and dated, and that you did not leave anything blank! Hope this helps! :)
This is excellent advice. The regional guide is very important. Also check with the website of the Canadian embassy in your country to see if they have a FAQ that can clear things up.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
I'm not sure how true this is, but I've read from the forums to avoid any emails that talks about immigration or the intention to migrate....just to be on the safer side...We all know how people go crazy trying to figure out what to send and what not...!!!
I was moderate in the pictures and emails...but I had like 150 pages of call activity printed cause I thought that is more important genuine our relationship is...that being said..a lot of people use phone cards too and it isn't a problem with CIC most of the time..so..all in all..I think it's the combination of all that you send that'll help to proof ur relationship is genuine and on going.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
brin said:
I'm not sure how true this is, but I've read from the forums to avoid any emails that talks about immigration or the intention to migrate....just to be on the safer side...We all know how people go crazy trying to figure out what to send and what not...!!!
Amen. I say find a style and go with it. You're telling a story of your relationship, so it helps to have some details that add life to the broad strokes of the forms and any supplementary timeline you write on the topic. Some of the emails I included were domestic stuff like, "It looks like a lot of the plates and bowls in the delivery from IKEA got smashed" or, "There's a note here from a delivery company, can you call them to arrange re-delivery?" And then to prove that our families were interacting, from my wife, "My brother is in town, would you like to meet him?" and to my mum from her, "Here are the times for the flight we've arranged for you, you'll also get an e-ticket" etc etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband and I forgot that he had to sign and date the back of his photos. (Oops!)

This didn't seem to cause any delays for us. And we didn't have to re-send photos with signatures and dates.

lovelex

Feb 27, 2011
thanks guys for all the advices.. i decided to pass the application today anyways. the waiting for us to be together is too unbearable now ow we just pray and wait :)..

we put lots of snail mail letters... though my wife said on her response that we do use all communications possible. (email-txting-skype-calls) but one thing that i really forgot to do is download my vox (call card) call history and print it. :( bad lapse on my part.. after sending it now i have lots of ideas that should have strengthen our case (like printscreen of our emails... our facebook page) those things.. arghh.. well i dont want to feel negative and i just hope that our papers will fall on the hand of a very understanding person ;) thanks again and goodluck to all!

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
lovelex said:
thanks guys for all the advices.. i decided to pass the application today anyways. the waiting for us to be together is too unbearable now ow we just pray and wait :)..

we put lots of snail mail letters... though my wife said on her response that we do use all communications possible. (email-txting-skype-calls) but one thing that i really forgot to do is download my vox (call card) call history and print it. :( bad lapse on my part.. after sending it now i have lots of ideas that should have strengthen our case (like printscreen of our emails... our facebook page) those things.. arghh.. well i dont want to feel negative and i just hope that our papers will fall on the hand of a very understanding person ;) thanks again and goodluck to all!
We're all in the same position. Best of luck to you, lovelex.