+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final doubts

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Will be sending my application on Monday Nov. 2, and would like to clear final doubts. would appreciate having some insights.
I started working on Postgraduate work permit on Sept. 15 2008. I have the T4 and notice of assessment for 2008. Since the fiscal year for 2009 is not over yet and I haver no T4 or Notice of assessment for the current year, I have decided that I will send my first pay stub of Jan 22, 2009 and the last pay stub I received dated Oct. 22, 2009. I am not sure if I should send copies of all pay stubs I have received till now to prove the +1 year experience or only the first and last of 2009 will do? Sending the first and last will save some money because the city clerk charges $12 for the certification of copies. I will be willing to pay for cost so far as it needed. Any insights will be appreciated.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
I am not really sure. The fact is, since I started working in September 2008. I have my T4 and Notice of Assessment which is from September to December 2008. I believe the officer would like to see that I have completed the minimum 1 year Canadian experience required. Since we are in in November, I will not have the T4 from January to October of 2009 to prove the completed year since T4s for 2009 will be available only in 2010. I don't know if they have this information from the employment centers. If they do, that will be fine because that info is there. If they don't, then then they will need some other form of proof. That's why I had decided to send the pay stubs.

I know this is a very common situation, so guys, give me you thoughts about that.

Cheers!!

kolahol

Sep 2, 2009
According to the instruction, it seems you need to get an original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers that includes the specific period of your employment with the company, number of hours per week etc.

They want your recent T4 slips, notice of assessment, so that would be the ones that you received this year back in March/April.

They also mentioned, Records of Employment (if available), I am not sure if they meant pay stubs by that.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for your insights Kolahol. I had spoken to my boss about ROE but he said that ROE was only issued if there was a termination of employment and since I am still their employee, they could not issue me the Record of Employment. I took his word to be right but I am not sure if it is.

kolahol

Sep 2, 2009
Tarry said:
Thanks for your insights Kolahol. I had spoken to my boss about ROE but he said that ROE was only issued if there was a termination of employment and since I am still their employee, they could not issue me the Record of Employment. I took his word to be right but I am not sure if it is.
Well I got a letter from my employer that states 'this person has been employed with the company for X number months/years and held these positions, his job scopes include...etc', signed by my manager with a business card attached. then i got another letter from HR that states my annual salary and benefits, experience with the company. both letters are printed in company letterhead and includes contact info etc.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
That should be enough, you don't need the pay stubs, but you do need your first T4 and notice of assessment. Good luck!

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Thank you all for your insights. My application will be in mails first thing after day break. Good Luck to us all.

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I put in up to date reference from my present employer, including business card and detailing hours, pay, benefits, time there. I did not put in previous employer details before 3 years ago as not needed. Also I sent in last 3 paytsubs to show I was still working there. Nothing needs to be certified. I got approved so all good

YME

Feb 27, 2010
Hello everyone,

A question for T-4.
I have been working at a company since 2006 starting as a part-time then became a full-time in 2007.
I asked my boss to write me a letter which including my working hours from 2007-2009 to proof that the hours that Imm. requires has been met.
Since within 2008 and 2009`s T-4 show that I meet the hours of requirement, I am thinking of including the T-4 from 2008/2009.

Do you all think that should be enough?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Recommend that you read your application instructions and the document checklist again before you submit. T-4s are required for the past 3 years. Letter of employment is required and should contain all the info specified in the instructions.

YME

Feb 27, 2010
Thanks for the reply, jes_ON ;)

I checked the Document checklist under CEC and it says

For the principal applicant:
• copies of your most recent T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency
• original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers for the past 3 years

so I thought that most recent will be 2009;however, in my case I do not have enough hours in 2009 so I thought that I have to add 2008.

If the employer can provide information in the ref. letter of these

• the specific period of your employment with the company
• the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
• your main responsibilities and duties in each position
• your total annual salary plus benefits
• the number of hours worked per week
• a business card of the person signing

for the past 3 years and 2008/2009 T-4 slips, isn`t it enough info? or am I misunderstanding still?

Thank you for the support.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you're right, it says most recent - could see that as meaning just one. I have 2 so I'm giving 2... (2008, 2009) plus the notice of asseessment (2008, won't have 2009 for a while)

I guess I'm not understanding the doubt - is the problem that you don't have the Notice of Assessment?

The key will be the letter from the employer - if your hours changed, make sure that your employer spells that out pretty clearly..