+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FINAL APPROVAL!

lenkact

Feb 11, 2009
Hi guys, is anyone can tell me, Under the Skill migration process,once you have paid the landing fee,medicals completed, for final approval embassy sends documents to CIC main center in baffolo?

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
call me a buffoon, but I am baffled by your baffolo ;-)

as far as I am aware the final decision is made by the processing centre where you sent your application and documents, which is where your passport(s) will be stamped

was that Buffalo?

yours in the buff

John5655

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
LOL John and all those numbers...you just gave me the chuckles of the day. No offense to the OP. I'm from NY and I still think twice sometimes when I type Buffalo...did I spell it right?

lenkact

Feb 11, 2009
So sorry for the misspelled baffalo, but then why they takes 3 to 4 months after you done medicals?

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
It took them over a year to give me the visa after my medical was done. I think it has to do with the background checks they conduct in all countries you've been a resident of. Maybe it takes longer for people with common names? I'm not sure.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
lenkact

hope you'll excuse my mickey taking

yep, it's probably the background checks that are holding things up, these things are very unpredictable, depends on the attitudes of the various countries that need to be contacted, plus of course if there's a "hit" then an evaluation has to be conducted

if you like I can refer you to an official document on what can happen if there is a possible case of inadmissibility resulting from a security check

lenkact

Feb 11, 2009
Hi guys , i lived only in the US and i have obtained FBI Clearence with "NO Record". So as long as your FBI Report is Clear, TTHATS IT! isnt it? Here in India Taking very long time now its morethan three years and six months.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
no, that's not it

security checks into your background examine a whole range of issues which will not necessarily show up on your police checks like FBI cert.

if you want to know what things they look into, there is a list of them on your Schedule 3 Background Information form which you have to submit. On the right hand side you are asked a list of questions about "have you ever been..." well, CIC will check with security agencies in various countries (where you have lived) to see if you are on record in connection with these activities - there's no need for you to have been convicted of any offence, just a reasonable suspicion of involvement is sufficient for you to be found inadmissible to Canada.