+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling to bring my Partner

gbart25

Jun 30, 2018
Hi, just have a question. Me and boyfriend/partner have been in a 3 years relationship now. I’m currently living in Canada (Canadian Citizenship) and he’s working abroad too. We are planning make him come here in Canada but we have a problem. He still legally married but separated now since 2011. They don’t have any kids. How can I sponsor him? Is there a chance for him to come here in Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are in 3 years relationship already. We got the chance to spend time together when we went home in the Philippines last year 2017 for 1 month.
You aren't common law in that case. Common law requires you to physically live together for 1 year continuously.

Has your boyfriend applied for a TRV yet? If not, he certainly needs to try that first before you can apply for conjugal.

Also, any chance you are originally from the Philippines?

gbart25

Jun 30, 2018
You aren't common law in that case. Common law requires you to physically live together for 1 year continuously.

Has your boyfriend applied for a TRV yet? If not, he certainly needs to try that first before you can apply for conjugal.

Also, any chance you are originally from the Philippines?
yes originally from Philippines, been living in Canada for 12 years. We haven’t started anything yet, as we want to know first what category or application we should apply and want to know what we need .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes originally from Philippines, been living in Canada for 12 years. We haven’t started anything yet, as we want to know first what category or application we should apply and want to know what we need .
He needs to apply for a TRV (tourist visa) before you can even consider applying under conjugal. If the TRV is approved, he can come here and live with you for a year to become common law.

Since you are originally from the Philippines there is nothing stopping you from returning to the Philippines and living with your partner for a year to become common law so that you can sponsor him for PR. It may be difficult to convince CIC that you qualify under conjugal.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
He needs to apply for a TRV (tourist visa) before you can even consider applying under conjugal. If the TRV is approved, he can come here and live with you for a year to become common law.

Since you are originally from the Philippines there is nothing stopping you from returning to the Philippines and living with your partner for a year to become common law so that you can sponsor him for PR. It may be difficult to convince CIC that you qualify under conjugal.
Adultery is illegal in the Philippines, so they have a valid legal barrier against being able to cohabit there.

gbart25

Jun 30, 2018

Also, any chance you are originally from the Philippines?[/QUOTES
Adultery is illegal in the Philippines, so they have a valid legal barrier against being able to cohabit there.
They’re pursuing to pass the divorce bill in the Philippines.. but for sure it will take a while. same with annulment.

gbart25

Jun 30, 2018

He’s not in the Philippines also, he’s working in Middle East. I don’t know if my employer will even let me off work for a year. And if I can stay in the Philippines that long, I no longer a citizen there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He’s not in the Philippines also, he’s working in Middle East. I don’t know if my employer will even let me off work for a year. And if I can stay in the Philippines that long, I no longer a citizen there.
The TRV is still a must. You really have no case for conjugal if he hasn't tried for a TRV. Has he applied for one yet?

gbart25

Jun 30, 2018
The TRV is still a must. You really have no case for conjugal if he hasn't tried for a TRV. Has he applied for one yet?
We haven’t started anything yet. As I want to know first and gather information of what to do before we start filing. So, if we will apply for TRV. He needs to be in the Philippines?