+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling the Generic Application Form for Canada - Contact Information section

suboor1

Jan 30, 2011
Hi there,

I have received my LOA from Manitoba PNP last month and am getting all the required documents together. I have a query regarding the Contact Information section in the Generic Application Form. Can anyone confirm to me that after I have submitted my application, any correspondence that comes to me will only be on my 'Current Mailing Address' and not my 'Residential Address' - as they're both different. I know it says so on the form but I am kinda of paranoid that I'd lose some important mail if I move from this very temporary address, considering I have to mention this address on my Additional Family Information and Background Declaration Forms. I am in London on a student visa from Pakistan, so it is possible I might be moving soon. Also... if I give an email address, would I not get any mail on my Current Mailing Address and would instead only get stuff on email?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

A.

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
suboor1 said:
Hi there,

I have received my LOA from Manitoba PNP last month and am getting all the required documents together. I have a query regarding the Contact Information section in the Generic Application Form. Can anyone confirm to me that after I have submitted my application, any correspondence that comes to me will only be on my 'Current Mailing Address' and not my 'Residential Address' - as they're both different. I know it says so on the form but I am kinda of paranoid that I'd lose some important mail if I move from this very temporary address, considering I have to mention this address on my Additional Family Information and Background Declaration Forms. I am in London on a student visa from Pakistan, so it is possible I might be moving soon. Also... if I give an email address, would I not get any mail on my Current Mailing Address and would instead only get stuff on email?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

A.
I think in your case, it would be best that you put in the email address coz that way, they will definitely have all the correspondence via email, but yea, again, another thing you could probably do is, if you going to be in the UK for some more time (atleast till u get ur PR).. u could give a friend's correspondence address who is goin to be in the UK for sometime and in that address .. but if you are headin back to pakistan soon, then I would recommend that you give ur pakistan address for all correspondences .. i hope this helps .. cheers .. :)