+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out the receipt - Who is the payer and who is the client?

DGreen

Aug 20, 2009
I'm a Canadian living in the U.S. with my American wife, whom I am sponsoring for permanent residence via the outland process. We just used my mom's credit card to pay our immigration services fees, and received the official receipt, which has several fields to fill in (name, address, etc.), headlined "Payer Information." Do I fill that out with my mom's information, or mine? I'd be tempted to fill it in with her information if only because the "Postal Code" field implies that they expect a Canadian address.

Have any of you experienced this confusion? We'd appreciate any advice you can offer.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
According to the CIC hotline, the contact information is only used if your application fee is to be refunded, so bearing that in mind it doesn't matter too much who's on the paper.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
DGreen said:
I'm a Canadian living in the U.S. with my American wife, whom I am sponsoring for permanent residence via the outland process. We just used my mom's credit card to pay our immigration services fees, and received the official receipt, which has several fields to fill in (name, address, etc.), headlined "Payer Information." Do I fill that out with my mom's information, or mine? I'd be tempted to fill it in with her information if only because the "Postal Code" field implies that they expect a Canadian address.

Have any of you experienced this confusion? We'd appreciate any advice you can offer.
You are the payer even if you used your mom's credit card. How else will they be able to tie up your application with the payment if they don't see your name on the receipt.