+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out IMM 5409

gygy

Jul 29, 2016
Hi all

I am applying online for a study permit to begin my studies in January 2017. My partner is also applying under my application. It was advised by CIC not to print and sign any of the pdf documents, however, the statutory declaration of common law union form (IMM 5409) requires my partner and a notary public to sign. Would it be okay to print and have the form signed in this case?

Also, why are they asking for "Purpose of Travel - Other" under my spouse's application, as if he is applying for a visitor's visa? I'm not sure what I should upload here.

Thanks in advance guys! I really need this help.

valu_milu

Oct 31, 2016
Hi,
While searching for info in this forum (related to Purpose of travel), I came across your query.
And got curious about why they advised you not to sign the form?
Just in case this might be my case or to take that into account.
As far as I know all the forms must not go without signatures. That will be considered incomplete. Thanks for your reply, if any.
:)

valu_milu

Oct 31, 2016
Hi Dace122:

Another silly question as I call them if I'm the main appplicant for the study permit and I'm going to represent my common-law partner and 9-year old daughter, do I sign IMM5713 myself, too? Small letter says this form must be completed by all members of the family and this Form is ONLY listed in my section.

valu_milu

Oct 31, 2016
Gygy:

The Purpose of Travel is a letter your common-law partner has to write explaining why is accompanying and what you partner intents to do while you are studying there.