+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out GCMS Notes

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
There is a question on the applicatin for GCMS notes which is asking: please select the act which you are submitting this request

Privacy act
Access to Information Act

So, i don't know what one to check off. I'm living in Edmonton and my file is the seattle.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you are in Canada, technically you can use both, if you are asking information about your own application. The only difference is that there is a fee for requests made under the Access to Information Act.

If you are asking information about another person's application, and this person is not in Canada, you make the inquiry under the Access to Information Act.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/faq.asp

/hope this helps....

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Thanks. i am in canada and it's about my file. Another question do i need to send anything else with the filled out form?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
julie143 said:
Thanks. i am in canada and it's about my file. Another question do i need to send anything else with the filled out form?
No nothing else. You may either send the scanned completed form to the email address specified in the form or send the printed form via letter again specified in the form.

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
My last question is Section B has a box for Location. So, location of where my file is or where i live. Also, i have 2 file numbers so do i put both of them down

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
julie143 said:
My last question is Section B has a box for Location. So, location of where my file is or where i live. Also, i have 2 file numbers so do i put both of them down
This section pertains to the information/files requested. Location is where your file is now being processed. If you had the AOR - the file number is provided for the first time, and the AOR states a file (referenced by the file number) was created for you at the VO which sent the AOR.

Why do you have 2 file numbers? If they are separate applications then better request separately for each application.