+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out ArriveCAN form

linhbui

Nov 28, 2018
Congrats on landing. Could you please advise:

1. did they ask you for quarantine plan?
3. did you provide a goods accompanying list? If yes, did you have a handwritten/typed out list or did you use a form? (assume no goods to follow as this was a soft landing)
2. were you asked to do a covid test?
3. how long would you estimate the process was to get through?
Congratulations again and welcome to Canada!

Sorry I didn't get notified of new messages.

1. No, they didn't. But on ArriveCAN you have to answer some simple questions regarding quarantine plan (e.g. do you share the accom with anyone? do you live in the same accom with ppl 65+ or over? do you share accom with ppl working in high-risk environments like hospitals? ....).

2. I did prepare a printed list of items I brought but no one asked.

3. Yes. Everyone had to do the PCR test. Things may have changed now though.

A day later the result was emailed to you.

4. It took me around 3 hrs including waiting at immigration and register for Covid test. Some people said that it'd taken them longer (4-5 hrs)

Last edited:

linhbui

Nov 28, 2018
Congratulations @linhbui!!

Can you also advise if you were able to get SIN at Vancouver airport or you had to go to some other ServiceCanada office?

Keen to know your response on quarantine plan as you mentioned that you are staying at an AirBnB. Are AirBnB bookings accepted as quarantine plan ?

1. No I didn't get a SIN at the airport. Actually I was too tired I forgot to ask, and the officer didn't mention anything about it.

As I'm having a bit more time now, I've realized it may not be possible to apply for a SIN with an AirBnB address. Anyway, I'm staying for only a month so I might leave the SIN until later.

2. The officer didn't ask about quarantine plan. I actually didn't have one as I thought my answers on quarantine and my airbnb booking (private washroom) was enough.

aregm

Mar 31, 2019
Hi Everyone, anyone knows what "Reason for travel" should be chosen for a Super Visa holder who is just coming to live with us for a year or so?
1. Discretionary/optional travel
2. Family reunification
3. Other
Thanks.

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hi Everyone, anyone knows what "Reason for travel" should be chosen for a Super Visa holder who is just coming to live with us for a year or so?
1. Discretionary/optional travel
2. Family reunification
3. Other
Thanks.
Did you get the answer for this question? I am also confused between 1 & 2 option in ArriveCan form.