+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling forms for Skilled worker class

z_yunus

Aug 13, 2009
Dear all
I am new to this forum and from INDIA. I am about to fill forms for canadian immigration under FSW and my occupation is University Lecturer(ADHOC). I want to know the following
1. What is the conversion for Elementary/primary, secondary/high school for INDIA?
2. I am single(never married) and want to go alone as for now. I would like to bring my family later. Do I need to furnish full information of my family now?
3. None of the members of my family have passports yet except me. What should I fill in their passport details or should I wait untill all get their passports?
4.Should I give IELTSnow or later after sending the forms. What is the test for French?

plz reply soon

yunus

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
z_yunus said:
Dear all
I am new to this forum and from INDIA. I am about to fill forms for canadian immigration under FSW and my occupation is University Lecturer(ADHOC). I want to know the following
1. What is the conversion for Elementary/primary, secondary/high school for INDIA?
You do not need to convert Indian education into Canadian Education System. You shall be awarded points according to a set of instructions which depends on your education level in India and number of years of study in India.
2. I am single(never married) and want to go alone as for now. I would like to bring my family later. Do I need to furnish full information of my family now?
You need to give information about your Parents and siblings on Additional Family Information ONLY, not on IMM0008 GENERIC
3. None of the members of my family have passports yet except me. What should I fill in their passport details or should I wait untill all get their passports?
You don,t need passport information for your parents and siblings. I assume that you asking about IMM0008 GENERIC Form which requires information about your family members. The term family member for the purpose of immigration means ONLY your spouse and dependent children
4.Should I give IELTS now or later after sending the forms. What is the test for French?
Its your choice but you must give IELTS before sending you all documents to local visa office. TEF is for French language, if you have claimed points for French

z_yunus

Aug 13, 2009
So how should i give my educational details? In INDIA we have middle(8th), then matriculation(10th) and then senior secondary(10+2) and after that college or university education????

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
You can probably give:

Primary (till 14 yrs.): I - IX
Secondary/Higher Secondary: X, XI, XII
Tertiary: Bachelors, Masters, PhD.

roopa

Aug 2, 2009
I guess, primary is till 5th class, 6th to 12th is High school/Secondary , Graduation and Masters comes under University/ college... hope this is fine...

z_yunus

Aug 13, 2009
now its getting confusing. Can anyone please tell me exactly what is primary ,high school equivalents in INDIA??? and i have to send the forms and money to nova scotia or new delhi office

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Primary/elementary education: till 14 yrs.
Secondary education: 14 - 18 yrs.
Higher education: Bachelors, Masters ...

http://education.nic.in/secedu/sec_overview.asp

z_yunus

Aug 13, 2009
I have done course in basic french and can understand well but cant speak, read or write well. What should I do to prepare for TEF?