+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipinos applying to CIO Canada

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Submission of supporting documents to visa office - May 4, 2009
AOR from manila visa office - May 26 (ecas - pending for review)
As of June 15 ecas status - review complete started processing

Hopefully, we all get the medical request soon.

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
Hello kabayan,
Where will be your choice destination

let me start, Although I love to be in a big city like toronto and vancouver. Based on feed back from friends and relatives: Looking for fast employment opportunity it seems manitoba is great to consider, Great chance for filipino to be immigrant since you will be competing mostly with an immigrant as well. Knowing how we perform and being the preferred choices among our asian counterpart we would land a job there better. Big cities are often choices for caucasians and local canadian to stay.

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Mga kabayan, just checked my E-cas today, changed from "Application Received" to "IN PROCESS". What does it means?
I started my application last May 2008, waited for the 38 list to come out and received letter from CIC-MANILA last January 12, 2009 to submitt full applications for myself and my common law partner. Documents were proof of funds, NBI, FBI, LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT, IELTS RESULT , PHOTOS and completed application . We were given 120 days to accomplish all the requested documents. We provided all the requested documents through our lawyer based in Ontario last March 23, 2009.
My Ecas-was previously "IN PROCESS" and changed to " APPLICATION RECEIVED" and now "IN PROCEES " again. FYI, my application was not submitted to CIO for review, my lawyer submitted it directly to CIC - MANILA .
Life here in US is really hard nowadays and I am really excited to migrated to Canada soon and start a new life.
Good luck to all of us!!!!!

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
Rey,

You are nearing medicals, we had same time line Jan 12 requested letter. I believe we were in one batch cause lots of filipino applicant who filed their case last year recieves updated letter Jan 12

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Thanks for the reply rojani. Do you know how long do we still have to wait for the medical request? Also, what , where and how much to order "CAIPS NOTES"?

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
Rey,
this waiting also kills me, my consultant told me that they will write embassy july 12 if there's no response to us cause its 6 months already. I'm also planning to get caips. If you had somene known in canada you can send authorization letter to represent you and file it there and it will cost you $5. make sure you ask for details of your case and the rest of the family. surf the internet for details

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
rojani,
when you checked your ecas and it was " in process"

did you click on the underlined status? what does it say and does it give you a date they started processing?

Jhunmalijan

Nov 17, 2008
rojani,

Kindly tell to your consultant regarding my case, cause I already sent my formal letter to CIO and in canadian embassy but I didn't receive any message from them. Do you think it is time to call an embassy or CIO office? I have a 15 years of formal education.

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
jtob,
its still in process today, although I don't checked it regularly. It also said that they started processing my case Dec 24 2008. when I checked the last time ecas updated it was May 13 . Just spoke recently with consultant and they assured me that as long as they are not receiving any futher instruction or letter of denial then still green processing for me. They argued that the 120 days since Jan 12 already lapses and almost 100 days since they had submitted the updated documents may also confirm that everything are still ok. Well you can't argue with that.... So better order and check CAIPS

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
Jhun,

I'll try that, but even if you call embassy you will just recieve standard answer andmight dissappoint you. try getting CAIPS, only problem is that the details may not be complete since you have'nt ask for additional docs but at least you had an idea of your case