+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS- 2005 applicants pls update status

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
let us know if someone here recieve their refunds already. i heard that CIC is pursuing this hard in preparation for the November 2012 hearing for class action :(

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nmiole

Have you submitted the form to them? I'm having second thoughts since they might assume that if a person is submitting that means he is not interested anymore. After reading the answer to Q1 in the backgrounder/FAQ (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-12.asp) I'm still undecided whether to submit it or not.

Q1: How will I know if I am affected by the Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act and if I am entitled to having my fees returned?

If you applied before February 27, 2008, and have not heard from CIC about whether a decision based on Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program selection criteria was made on your application, you could be affected by this new law. CIC encourages those in this situation to fill out this online form (PDF, 1.4 MB) so that their fee return – if they are part of the affected group – can be processed.

If you send us the form and you are not affected by the law, we will advise you that you are not on the list of affected individuals. In that case, processing of your FSW application will continue and you will not receive a fee return.
Nga pala, could you still check your application status through the CIC website?

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
popeye15 said:
@ nmiole

Have you submitted the form to them? I'm having second thoughts since they might assume that if a person is submitting that means he is not interested anymore. After reading the answer to Q1 in the backgrounder/FAQ (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-12.asp) I'm still undecided whether to submit it or not.

Nga pala, could you still check your application status through the CIC website?
hi,

did you join any litigation in regards to your application? i thought the last day for applying in any litigation is today November 12.

regards, erdavid

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erdavid said:
hi,

did you join any litigation in regards to your application? i thought the last day for applying in any litigation is today November 12.

regards, erdavid
No I did not.

nmiole

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-March-2005
AOR Received.
07-July-2005
@Popeye

I don't intend to fill up the form for the return of application fee. At first glance of the guidelines, I thought it may be construed by CIC that I am no longer interested for my permanent resident application, the same as your (Popeye) apprehension. So I decided to leave at that, if they will finally return my application so be it; and I would no longer mind when would that be.

I have spoken to my agency several times and she said none of their clients received a refund yet. However, she observed that some applications returned (from other agencies) are those whose points did not meet the minimum of 67.

Well, I guess 2013 will bring us more surprises. Will just wait and see. God bless everyone!

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nmiole

Yes, I do hope that 2013 will more surprises (the good kind) :D

nmiole

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-March-2005
AOR Received.
07-July-2005
@Popeye

Yes, I can still check the status of my application at the CIC website and as usual it says "In Process". CIC has officially started the processing of my application on July 7, 2005, and if I am not mistaken most if not all of March 2005 applicants were completed and those who passed are already in Canada. Unfortunately, I did not hear any applicant on April 2005 that was completely processed. I read in some thread that there were applicants prior to Feb 2008 that can no longer access the status of their application at the CIC website, I don't know if it's true as I have not spoken to one of them personally.

Dec 6, 2011
same with me.. I did not submit the form. Anyway, sa tagal ba naman ng pag hihintay nag mellow na yung excitement. Katulad ni nmiole, ibabalik kung ibabalik. Although, I can still access yung file ko sa eCAS nila and it still says the same. "..started application march 2005.." I check it na lang once a week para at least alam ko na pag di na ako maka access yun na yun :) Sana sa 2013 may result na.

God bless! :)

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Well at least I can conclude now na hindi ako nag-iisa sa idea na mag-antay na lang kung ano ang advice ng CIC. Thanks for your opinion.

Was wondering if u have guys joined the litigation?

angdyosa

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Happy new year to all! It's been a long time since i last visit the forum. I'm disappointed with the outcome of our applications. How many years we've waited but it goes to waste. I can still access my ecas and still in process. My sister in Calgary told me not to submit the form and wait for the embassy to send me a rejection letter. Since I've waited this long so its better to wait for the official letter before asking for a refund. Let's update each other. I believe God has a better plan for us.. GOD BLESS EVERYONE :)