FILIPINOS- 2005 applicants pls update status

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frustrated! said:
Hi everyone!

I first applied July, 2005, AOR Oct 2005 (hence, Frustrated! is my login name here). Last year, we inquired with the embassy regarding our application and we got this same letter. So we decided to re-apply when the MI3 came out last July 1, 2011. We sent our application Aug 5, 2011 and now we are doing our medicals already. They are not processing old applications at all except for those that were updated already. When we received PER, we withdrew our old application and they refunded the full amount for our previous application since no processing was done.

If you are eligible for the MI3 or for the new one coming out this July, 2012, I would suggest that you re-apply. These occupations are their priority and processing is really fast. Those who applied July, 2011 had their visas issued already. Hopefully, ours will come this April.

Hope this helps you decide. Good luck to all!
@frustrated!

Wow, thanks for the input. Just want to clarify, nung Aug 5, 2011 when you submitted your new application di pa na-pull out yung application submitted ng July 2005. When they requested you to submit your passport, that was the time na pinull-out niyo yung 2005 application niyo tapos full refund. So pwede pala na meron kang 2 existing applications at a given time. sige, will wait for coming MI's this July.

If you don't mind, family ba kayo nung nag-apply of individual lang? May effect din ba ang place where you plan to land sa application?

Again thank you.

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
need clarification:

what do u mean by MI3?

If I will withdraw my application and my profession ain't included in the "in-demand jobs", Am i still eligible to re-apply?

I feel hopeless na talaga! I can't think of a better ways to handle my case.

Hope you guys will enlighthen me.

#waiting4uranswer

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
funny thing is when I'm tryin' to research for the MI3...

Here is the answer:

Mission Impossible 3 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
At least na relieve ako ng konti.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
finally got an answer. I don't qualify for MI3. Sad but its true...

Whew!!! should I have to change my priority from now on? What a waste of time....

frustrated!

Star Member
Dec 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-11-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23-11-2011
Med's Request
04-01-2012
Med's Done....
17-1-2012 Nationionwide submitted 22-2-2012
Interview........
None!
Passport Req..
May 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 6-19-12 Got PP back 6-25-12
LANDED..........
July 2012
popeye15 said:
@ frustrated!

Wow, thanks for the input. Just want to clarify, nung Aug 5, 2011 when you submitted your new application di pa na-pull out yung application submitted ng July 2005. When they requested you to submit your passport, that was the time na pinull-out niyo yung 2005 application niyo tapos full refund. So pwede pala na meron kang 2 existing applications at a given time. sige, will wait for coming MI's this July.

If you don't mind, family ba kayo nung nag-apply of individual lang? May effect din
ba ang place where you plan to land sa application?

Again thank you.
Hi, we withdrew our application only when we received a positive eligibility review (PER) from Nova Scotia. We made sure na may PER before we withdrew. It's possible to have 2 applications at the same time. But you can witdraw also when you receive MR, so background check is done by that time.

We are applying as a family with my husband as the principal applicant. No effect whatever place you wish to land.

Hope this helps....

frustrated!

Star Member
Dec 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-11-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23-11-2011
Med's Request
04-01-2012
Med's Done....
17-1-2012 Nationionwide submitted 22-2-2012
Interview........
None!
Passport Req..
May 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 6-19-12 Got PP back 6-25-12
LANDED..........
July 2012
canadaismypriority said:
need clarification:

what do u mean by MI3?

If I will withdraw my application and my profession ain't included in the "in-demand jobs", Am i still eligible to re-apply?

I feel hopeless na talaga! I can't think of a better ways to handle my case.

Hope you guys will enlighthen me.

#waiting4uranswer
MI3 iis Ministerial Instructions 3.

Do not withdraw your application until you've been accepted in the new one. You have to check if you're eligible in the new MI and got a PER then it's safe to withddraw.
If you're not in the list, then you just have to wait it out with the old application. It will be processed eventually but not a priority at this time!

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
frustrated! said:
MI3 iis Ministerial Instructions 3.

Do not withdraw your application until you've been accepted in the new one. You have to check if you're eligible in the new MI and got a PER then it's safe to withddraw.
If you're not in the list, then you just have to wait it out with the old application. It will be processed eventually but not a priority at this time!
Thanks for the advice. I'll just leave it to them. 82 months is a long long period of waiting but I don't have choice because my NOC 4141 ain't listed in their highly workforce.

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frustrated! said:
Hi, we withdrew our application only when we received a positive eligibility review (PER) from Nova Scotia. We made sure na may PER before we withdrew. It's possible to have 2 applications at the same time. But you can witdraw also when you receive MR, so background check is done by that time.

We are applying as a family with my husband as the principal applicant. No effect whatever place you wish to land.

Hope this helps....
@frustrated!

thank you for the info. I looked into the MI3 job listings but I don't qualify. Pasok sana sa isa si misis kaso cap-reached na. I'll just wait for the next MI's this coming July.

God bless to you and your family.

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaismypriority said:
Thanks for the advice. I'll just leave it to them. 82 months is a long long period of waiting but I don't have choice because my NOC 4141 ain't listed in their highly workforce.
@canadaismypriority

haist... relax na lang muna tayo. antay antay na lang muna sa darating na July para sa mga Bagong MI. sana included na ang mga employment qualification natin.

Vitomanolo16

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2005
Doc's Request.
28-02-2005
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
21-09-2011
IELTS Request
28-02-2005
Med's Request
06-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2011 / Passport sent: 14-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
17-APRIL-2012
Hi guys,

Musta na? Konting hintay pa..... Lapit na yan... Hopefully 2012 may feedback na kayong lahat. By the way, I just wanna share my experience. At first, my occupation was no longer included on the latest prioritized NOCs. What my agency did was they asked for my complete job description. From the detailed list I gave them, they referred the case to their consultants. Luckily, they were able to identify NOCs that might fit my qualifications. They sent a letter to the embassy informing them that I was also qualified for certain NOCs. They were able to match 2 NOCs which I think helped me in terms of getting their attention and eventually processing my application.

bagoMe

Feb 29, 2012
Quebec employers no longer must recruit locally to hire foreign workers for range of jobsMonday, 27 February 2012 Category Quebec Immigration

While the Quebec Facilitated IT program came to an end on February 24th, the 7 affected professions are now part of a newly announced facilitated labour market assessment process. The new process, in effect now, includes a much broader range of 44 occupations, both in high tech and from other fields. It is an accelerated way for employers to hire foreign workers in Quebec, which importantly does not require employers to show local recruitment efforts.
The list of the 44 occupations that are part of this new process is available here.

While employers do not need to show local recruitment efforts for the 44 occupations now governed under this new process, they are still expected to make a best effort to hire a Canadian, and the position’s wages must be consistent with the Canadian norm.

In all other respects, employers in Quebec seeking to hire a temporary foreign worker must meet the requirements of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).

The LMO and the application form for the Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) for the affected occupations now only has to be submitted to the Quebec Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC). The MICC will see to it themselves that the proper information about the application is transmitted to HRSDC/Service Canada.

The LMO application must be marked Priority/Facilitated Process.

Since proving local recruitment efforts were made by the employer can be difficult and time consuming, the 44 occupations that are now exempt from this requirement should be able to be filled much more quickly and easily by temporary foreign workers.

For occupations not on this list of exemptions, employers must still adhere to the regular foreign worker requirements proving that no Canadian is able to fill a particular position.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello guys bago ako dito at saka sa kaka research heto nakita ko.

Ano ba ibig sabihin nito? yong may experience na, please paki liwanag naman! Working visa po ba to? or permanent residency to?

nmiole

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-March-2005
AOR Received.
07-July-2005
Hi Guys,

I'm sharing with you a news article about the statement of Jason Kenney with regard to options to pursue on clearing the backlogged immigration applicants. He issued this statement on March 7, 2012.

The government is considering all options for clearing a backlog of hundreds of thousands of applications from people who want to immigrate to Canada, Jason Kenney said Wednesday.

Kenney, the minister of citizenship and immigration, wouldn't rule out an option used in New Zealand, where the government legislated away the backlog — clearing it by eliminating the files.

Asked how seriously he's looking at that option, Kenney said the department is looking at all options for dealing with the backlog.

"We owe it to newcomers to do that. So we haven’t made any decisions, we’re still consulting, we’re looking at all the options, but I do think that we can’t continue to tell people that they’re going to wait for eight years for a decision on whether they can come to Canada," he said.

Canada's backlog is around 300,000 applications and could take until 2017 to clear.

That's unfair to the applicants and inefficient for employers looking to fill gaps for skilled labour, Kenney said, since after five or six years people's skills may be outdated for what the market requires. Canada's immigration system must function faster and be more responsive to changing needs, he said.

Kenney has already made major changes to the refugee and family reunification systems, in both cases offering compromises on some issues while taking a hard line overall. For example, last fall the department temporarily stopped taking new applications for family reunification but started offering a super visa, valid for 10 years, that allows visitors to stay longer than before.

Although he floated the idea of eliminating old files to kill the backlog, Kenney also offered the option of letting provincial and territorial governments go through current applications and pull out the ones that match their needs with what the applicants seek.

"We are launching a pilot project that will allow provinces and territories to 'mine the backlog' — in other words, to review the applications in the backlog and nominate those applicants they think their economies need now. We are also informing some applicants stuck in the federal skilled workers backlog about possible opportunities under the provincial nominee program," he said.

The provincial nominee program lets the provinces select and recommend immigrants to fill sectors where they're most needed. The federal government then processes the applications.
Using immigration to help the economy

Critics have accused the government of focusing Canada's immigration system too narrowly on economic factors and limiting the opportunities to, for example, bring in aging relatives.

Kenney says statistics show highly skilled people with prearranged jobs do well when they come to Canada, earning an average annual salary of $79,000.

"What we are going to be encouraging prospective immigrants to do more and more is try to get a job lined up before they get to Canada. And that will allow us to help bring them in very quickly in the future. So the doors are always going to be open," he said.

The government has talked in the past about how Canada will have to rely on immigration to supplement an aging workforce.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in a January speech in Davos, Switzerland, that Canada is looking at ways to modernize its immigration system.

I'm wondering what he really meant on his statement "clearing it by eliminating the files". God bless everyone.

Gico

Jun 25, 2010
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 26, 2013
Med's Request
March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
nmiole said:
Hi Guys,

I'm sharing with you a news article about the statement of Jason Kenney with regard to options to pursue on clearing the backlogged immigration applicants. He issued this statement on March 7, 2012.

The government is considering all options for clearing a backlog of hundreds of thousands of applications from people who want to immigrate to Canada, Jason Kenney said Wednesday.

Kenney, the minister of citizenship and immigration, wouldn't rule out an option used in New Zealand, where the government legislated away the backlog — clearing it by eliminating the files.

Asked how seriously he's looking at that option, Kenney said the department is looking at all options for dealing with the backlog.

"We owe it to newcomers to do that. So we haven't made any decisions, we're still consulting, we're looking at all the options, but I do think that we can't continue to tell people that they're going to wait for eight years for a decision on whether they can come to Canada," he said.

Canada's backlog is around 300,000 applications and could take until 2017 to clear.

That's unfair to the applicants and inefficient for employers looking to fill gaps for skilled labour, Kenney said, since after five or six years people's skills may be outdated for what the market requires. Canada's immigration system must function faster and be more responsive to changing needs, he said.

Kenney has already made major changes to the refugee and family reunification systems, in both cases offering compromises on some issues while taking a hard line overall. For example, last fall the department temporarily stopped taking new applications for family reunification but started offering a super visa, valid for 10 years, that allows visitors to stay longer than before.

Although he floated the idea of eliminating old files to kill the backlog, Kenney also offered the option of letting provincial and territorial governments go through current applications and pull out the ones that match their needs with what the applicants seek.

"We are launching a pilot project that will allow provinces and territories to 'mine the backlog' — in other words, to review the applications in the backlog and nominate those applicants they think their economies need now. We are also informing some applicants stuck in the federal skilled workers backlog about possible opportunities under the provincial nominee program," he said.

The provincial nominee program lets the provinces select and recommend immigrants to fill sectors where they're most needed. The federal government then processes the applications.
Using immigration to help the economy

Critics have accused the government of focusing Canada's immigration system too narrowly on economic factors and limiting the opportunities to, for example, bring in aging relatives.

Kenney says statistics show highly skilled people with prearranged jobs do well when they come to Canada, earning an average annual salary of $79,000.

"What we are going to be encouraging prospective immigrants to do more and more is try to get a job lined up before they get to Canada. And that will allow us to help bring them in very quickly in the future. So the doors are always going to be open," he said.

The government has talked in the past about how Canada will have to rely on immigration to supplement an aging workforce.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in a January speech in Davos, Switzerland, that Canada is looking at ways to modernize its immigration system.

I'm wondering what he really meant on his statement "clearing it by eliminating the files". God bless everyone.

according to my agent, the embassy ill be sending letters about the nomination program for those applicants under the old system ( where we belong). please inform us if anyone received the letter.