+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Reg. Nurse to Personal Support worker

Audrey411

Nov 27, 2019
.... Also, before I forget. I mentioned about the duration of my Course (Started May 2018 to December 2019) but continued on saying that I planned on applying for a PGWP in order for me to practice the PSW profession and be of service for the elderly residents under my care.

Reactions: Judonne25

CrissaM.

Jun 6, 2019
Hello! I know it has been awhile but just to update....

- I have finished my PSW course in Niagara College back December 2019.
- I applied for a PGWP, granted for a Year.
- for those PH RN who wants to study in Canada, please double check your course at thesame time process papers already to file towards NNAS. The earlier the better.
- Double check courses because it may grant you more points to contribute to your Nursing credentials and hopefully help you in your nsg. Equivalency. (check in to courses such as GERONTOLOGY, PALLIATIVE NSG, LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT etc.)
-PSW does not grant you any points on your nursing so it is a step backward but. Anyway, I was not able to practice nsg. In Philippines so even if I had taken up these Nsg related courses, it will not help me have a comparable to Canadian nsg equivalency.
- I am working now as a PSW and will try to work in small elderly homes to be granted a full time job leading to a Provincial Nomination Program for residency.

So there.
Lesson to learn:
Research. Research. Research. Thank you.
Hi, I want to know how do you plan to acquire PR by being a PSW? Since in Ontario, PR pathways are more focused on jobs that is under NOC A,B, 0. While PSW in in NOC C

Audrey411

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, I want to know how do you plan to acquire PR by being a PSW? Since in Ontario, PR pathways are more focused on jobs that is under NOC A,B, 0. While PSW in in NOC C

As a PSW - Ontario Provincial nominee program ( Full time, permanent for 9 months.)
As a Home support worker - Home support work program (Full time or part time with specific hours for 24 months)

And you?

superchaaan

Aug 7, 2020

- for those PH RN who wants to study in Canada, please double check your course at thesame time process papers already to file towards NNAS. The earlier the better.
- Double check courses because it may grant you more points to contribute to your Nursing credentials and hopefully help you in your nsg. Equivalency. (check in to courses such as GERONTOLOGY, PALLIATIVE NSG, LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT etc.)
-PSW does not grant you any points on your nursing so it is a step backward but. Anyway, I was not able to practice nsg. In Philippines so even if I had taken up these Nsg related courses, it will not help me have a comparable to Canadian nsg equivalency.
- I am working now as a PSW and will try to work in small elderly homes to be granted a full time job leading to a Provincial Nomination Program for residency.

So there.
Lesson to learn:
Hello po. How about po yung PSW na bridging program to Practical Nursing?

Audrey411

Nov 27, 2019
Hello po. How about po yung PSW na bridging program to Practical Nursing?

Hi, okay din yon. But there are very few schools that offer bridging from psw to practical nursing for international students without PR.
As far as I know, Mohawk college offers it for international students at a 8,000 plus CAD rate per semester as oppose to the 2,000 plus CAD domestic tuition fee. However due to covid, all intakes are closed.
That's as far as I know.
Thank you!

Reactions: Pocketlive

goodwill1984

Feb 20, 2020

So there.
Lesson to learn:
Hi

I am also a RN from India opting for PSW course in Canada . Few questions for help ..

1) Is it sure that we will get PGWP after the course if we do it from designated college ?

2 ) I was unable to find the course for international students in Niagara college website can you please share the link, though m looking for other designated colleges also.

Thanks in advance (It was very helpful if you could share your mail id.only .if its ok with you )

arike247

Aug 28, 2020
.... Also, before I forget. I mentioned about the duration of my Course (Started May 2018 to December 2019) but continued on saying that I planned on applying for a PGWP in order for me to practice the PSW profession and be of service for the elderly residents under my care.

Hi,
My name is abbi, I saw your post in the forum about taking PSW course. I am an IEN trying to also come to Canada, I didn't qualify for express entry or any of the PNP program because I do not have one year experience. I already got a comparable results from NNAS, but I was trying to apply for study permit using the PSW route, then use my PGWP to apply for work and then apply for a PNP program, but I dont know if I will be able to get a study permit, and the immigration officer will not be wondering since I already have a BSN, why PSW. I don't want to do a masters program to allow me save money. I wanted to ask for your opinion about this, and since you also did a psw course as a nurse, did you have any problems with getting study permit when you applied. Any advice or help offered is appreciated. I will be looking forward to your reply, Thank you.

Also, please do you mind sharing a copy of the SOP you wrote to immigration officer when you apply, so i can build mine off it, my email is arike247@yahoo.com. thanks

JaneM.

May 8, 2021
Hi Audrey! Im also a PH RN and Will take PSW with Confederation College on Jan 2022. Still having hard time with my SOP. Would you mind sharing yours so that I could get an idea? Greatly appreciate it. Here’s my email address, jhane0727@yahoo.com

Judonne25

May 8, 2021
Hello po, i am also an RN planning to apply for PSW program in Sheridan College for Jan.2022 . I have no nursing experience for 12 years now. Do you think i'll get my student visa approved? Another thing , am already in my late 40's . Do i have hope ? Is there any age limit for studying in canada? if you don't mind Can i also ask a sample copy of your SOP so i can have an idea on how to make mine too,Your help will be highly appreciated.pls reply to my email: alinuj_0615@yahoo.com.ph, thank you and GOD bless you and your family.

JaneM.

May 8, 2021
Hi! Congratulations by the way. May I know what you wrote in your SOP/LOI? I'm also a RN here in PH and got admitted in Centennial College for PSW. I have paid my fees and I am working on my statement of purpose or letter of intent pls help
Hi Faitht. Have you started your study? I already have my LOA for PSW in Confederation College. I'm struggling with my SOP, just to get an insight, would you care to share yours? Since i'm a PHRN, i'm kinda confuse on how to defend my PSW course. Salamat ng madami.

sbeauty0916

May 13, 2021
Hi,

I'm also PHRN and planning to take PSW course in Toronto on Sept 2021 intake.
I'm struggling with my study plan too. Can you help us by sending your study plan sample?
Your help will be highly appreciated.
My email is sbeauty0916@yahoo.com.
Thank you.

Avis.joy55

Nov 16, 2021
Hi, does anyone knows how to make a study plan. I am a PHRN and I just receive my LOA. I’m going to study a PSW course and I heard lots of RN from PH got rejected with their application for student visa. Please need help how to make a study plan and need an advice. My email add is gina.evan5579@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!

YnaSal

Jan 15, 2022
Hi. I'm a Registered nurse in the Philippines and I'm going to study Personal support worker in Ontario this spring. Does anybody know what to expect from this course? what career prospects am I looking at when I complete this certificate course?

and its my first time to travel to Canada so any tips? dos and donts :) Much appreciated!
Hello
Did you get approve for student visa? Thank you

YnaSal

Jan 15, 2022

So there.
Lesson to learn:
Hi Audry
Can you please give me some advice in writting Study Plan. Thank you!