+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Reg. Nurse to Personal Support worker

Abby19

Mar 27, 2022
Hello! I know it has been awhile but just to update....

- I have finished my PSW course in Niagara College back December 2019.
- I applied for a PGWP, granted for a Year.
- for those PH RN who wants to study in Canada, please double check your course at thesame time process papers already to file towards NNAS. The earlier the better.
- Double check courses because it may grant you more points to contribute to your Nursing credentials and hopefully help you in your nsg. Equivalency. (check in to courses such as GERONTOLOGY, PALLIATIVE NSG, LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT etc.)
-PSW does not grant you any points on your nursing so it is a step backward but. Anyway, I was not able to practice nsg. In Philippines so even if I had taken up these Nsg related courses, it will not help me have a comparable to Canadian nsg equivalency.
- I am working now as a PSW and will try to work in small elderly homes to be granted a full time job leading to a Provincial Nomination Program for residency.

So there.
Lesson to learn:
Research. Research. Research. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm also RN and planning to take PSW course in Toronto on Sept 2022 intake.
I'm struggling with my study plan too. Can you help us by sending your statement of purpose sample?
Your help will be highly appreciated.
My email is owodeleabolare@gmail.com
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I'm also RN and planning to take PSW course in Toronto on Sept 2022 intake.
I'm struggling with my study plan too. Can you help us by sending your statement of purpose sample?
Your help will be highly appreciated.
My email is owodeleabolare@gmail.com
Thank you.
Will be extremely difficult to convince IRCC that you are a genuine student because your choice of program does not make sense based on your education and work history and will not lead to career advancement. Have you looked at economic immigration programs instead of trying to study?

seetree

Feb 17, 2023
hello im oscar..we have the same scenario im also a phrn taking up psw in centennial..could u pls send me your sample sop…all the other courses are closed now so i dont really have a choice and also i got my loa last week..so i have to stick to my guns…could u pls help me on my sop..also my main goal is to get a PR after…its ok for me if psw course will not be credited on me becoming a nurse in canada..

seetree

Feb 17, 2023
hello im oscar..we have the same scenario im also a phrn taking up psw in centennial..could u pls send me your sample sop…all the other courses are closed now so i dont really have a choice and also i got my loa last week..so i have to stick to my guns…could u pls help me on my sop..also my main goal is to get a PR after…its ok for me if psw course will not be credited on me becoming a nurse in canada..my email address is oscarethan0715@gmail.com

feith.1103

May 23, 2023
Hello po, i am also an RN planning to apply for PSW program in Sheridan College for Jan.2022 . I have no nursing experience for 12 years now. Do you think i'll get my student visa approved? Another thing , am already in my late 40's . Do i have hope ? Is there any age limit for studying in canada? if you don't mind Can i also ask a sample copy of your SOP so i can have an idea on how to make mine too,Your help will be highly appreciated.pls reply to my email: alinuj_0615@yahoo.com.ph, thank you and GOD bless you and your family.
Hi, can you share any update po. I am in my 40's din and planning to take PSW. Ano po ang pathway nyo to PR and ilan years po? I want to get an idea lng din po. Thank you and God bless.

>>> To anyone po who is willing to share any update or details ng study and PR journey please email me at tireca03@outlook.com. Im planning pa lang po and I haven't decided which province ako ppupunta. Maraming salamat po sa mag share. God bless