+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Nurses in Manitoba

dcim_bv

Dec 7, 2012
For all Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) from the Philippines planning for registration with the College of Registered Nurses in Manitoba (CRNM) let me share with you the experience of my fellow nurses here in Winnipeg.

IEN#1 - Applied for CRNM registration in 2008 1 year after graduation with just less than 1 year of hospital experience in the Philippines, was given a graduate nurse status and was given eligibility to write the CRNE. (No CCA yet at that time)

IEN#2 - Applied for CRNM registration in 2010 with 5 years of hospital experience and 5 years work as clinical instructor. Was asked to undergo the Clinical Competency Assessment (CCA) and the college determined that he needs to have additional training. Now enrolled in a bridging course for 6 mos before he can sit and take the CRNE.

IEN#3 - Applied for CRNM registration in 2011 with 7 years of hospital experience in the Philippines. Was referred for a CCA and passed it. Eligibile to write the CRNE in 2012

I hope you can also share your experiences with your registration here in Canada.