+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

coffeecity

Mar 23, 2011
hi everyone...

i applied for RN-CNO.. with experience, graduated MN major in MSN...
the CNO informed me that they received all my docs from my employer, school, PRC, and personal application..

they also sent me an optional letter..whether to withdraw my application or to continue to pass some documents.. regarding course sylllabus, subject description, etc, regarding BSN/MN school docs... but if I will not send them back the optional letter after 40 days from the date of their letter they replied.. they will continue to assess the docs they have received..

my question is,...is there anyone here in this forum who was able to send back to CNO the optional letter.. or.. is there anyone here who was able to pass the optional letter that they chose to continue to pass additional docs for further assessment... ??

thank you.. and God bless us all in all our endeavors...

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
Hi Coffeecity!

Posted by: coffeecity
Insert Quote
hi everyone...

i applied for RN-CNO.. with experience, graduated MN major in MSN...
the CNO informed me that they received all my docs from my employer, school, PRC, and personal application..

they also sent me an optional letter..whether to withdraw my application or to continue to pass some documents.. regarding course sylllabus, subject description, etc, regarding BSN/MN school docs... but if I will not send them back the optional letter after 40 days from the date of their letter they replied.. they will continue to assess the docs they have received..

my question is,...is there anyone here in this forum who was able to send back to CNO the optional letter.. or.. is there anyone here who was able to pass the optional letter that they chose to continue to pass additional docs for further assessment... ??

thank you.. and God bless us all in all our endeavors..."

I believe majority of the forumers (including me) applying for RN with CNO, passed the option form. This means that we wanted CNO to continue with the assessment hoping that our credentials and other documents are good enough for us to be eligible to sit for the CRNE. I think if you opted not to submit the option form, you will have a lesser chance of taking their local boards and might be required to undergo the costly bridging program, in which the length of study depends on the credentials that you have submitted to them.

"my question is,...is there anyone here in this forum who was able to send back to CNO the optional letter.. or.. is there anyone here who was able to pass the optional letter that they chose to continue to pass additional docs for further assessment... ?? " - assuming that you opted to submit the option letter and continue with your application, aren't your questions the same? :)

Anyways just like what I've mentioned above, non-submission of the option letter would mean lesser chance to sit for the CRNE and greater probability of being required to undergo the bridging program.

Hope my answer helps..

faithfully hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/2010
Doc's Request.
12/5/2010
File Transfer...
18/5/2010
Med's Request
26/10/2010
Med's Done....
11/11/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/5/2011 Passport Sent:6/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
received: June 17,2011
LANDED..........
hopefully 1st week of august
in preparing for the CRNE, i plan to bring my nursing books.

I have books that has this statement "this book is for sale only in the Philippines", any idea from the forumers if this is allowed to bring?

Thank you.

Kulilit

Aug 17, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2011
Hi Forumers,

To those who are applying to CRNM (College of Registered Nurses in Manitoba) lets connect on this forum so we can share our experiences and what to do.

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CRNM registration (English and Tagalog)

Just search that and will direct you to the forum. Thanks!

may05

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
PER- Sept. 30, 2011
File Transfer...
AOR- Oct. 19, 2011
Med's Request
Nov.7, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2, 2011
Passport Req..
1/20/2012
VISA ISSUED...
3/29/2012
hi guys... i have sent my RN application to CNO last may...still waiting for CNO's reply...Goodluck!! ;D ;D ;D

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
hi canimmigrant!

sorry I can't reply to your massage (actually to any of the personal messages). But i must agree with you. hehehe..

Let's continue sharing what we know regarding this forum to our brothers and sisters in need..

abbyrn

Jul 20, 2011
hello guys, I'm a newbie here and I will pass my CNO application this week. Ang question ko lang po sa mga nakapag pass na is need po ba na ang i-pass ng school ko ay ang original transcript ko or ok na yung certified true copy? Sana po may magreply. Thanks

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
abbyrn said:
hello guys, I'm a newbie here and I will pass my CNO application this week. Ang question ko lang po sa mga nakapag pass na is need po ba na ang i-pass ng school ko ay ang original transcript ko or ok na yung certified true copy? Sana po may magreply. Thanks

welcome to the thread abbyrn...

yes, your school should submit an original copy of your TOR... unless protocol ng school mo is to provide a certified true copy lang... regardless, it should be provided by your school, in whatever manner they present their documents... but if your school gives you an option, request for an original copy of your TOR to be submitted to the college... kasi pini-print lang naman nila yan sa official paper nila dapat hindi ba? then you pay the fees...

i hope this helps... goodluck on your application...

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
HI GUYS ask ko lang if CNO's honoring IVT training certificate from the philippines? ::)

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
faithyou said:
HI GUYS ask ko lang if CNO's honoring IVT training certificate from the philippines? ::)

can't really say with certainty... but, as i always say, i don't think they will give you less points for letting them know that you have one so goodluck!

kjdt102505

Jul 24, 2011
Hi! I'm a newbie in this forum. I'm a RN here in the Philippines with only 3 years experience and we're on process of migration under FSW. do I need to take the bridging program in Ontario?.. does anyone here has an idea on how much it will cost to study there? thanks!

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
kjdt102505 said:
Hi! I'm a newbie in this forum. I'm a RN here in the Philippines with only 3 years experience and we're on process of migration under FSW. do I need to take the bridging program in Ontario?.. does anyone here has an idea on how much it will cost to study there? thanks!
the first step is to apply for assessment... only the CNO can decide if you need to undergo a bridging program or not... bridging programs, if required, are tailored individually, depending on the outcome of your assessment... i'm not sure about the entire length of the program but i think it is two years but may be less for others... again, this will depend on your assessment... so you will never really know the answer to your question until you have yourself assessed... super redundant ata ang post ko hahaha!

goodluck! ;D

trxcis

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-10
File Transfer...
14-04-10
Med's Request
09-11-10
Med's Done....
04-02-11 (w/ rpt CXR)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canimmigrant said:
the first step is to apply for assessment... only the CNO can decide if you need to undergo a bridging program or not... bridging programs, if required, are tailored individually, depending on the outcome of your assessment... i'm not sure about the entire length of the program but i think it is two years but may be less for others... again, this will depend on your assessment... so you will never really know the answer to your question until you have yourself assessed... super redundant ata ang post ko hahaha!

goodluck! ;D
hi canimmigrant! May I please ask what preparations have you done here so far, in terms of becoming a registered nurse in canada? I just want to have an idea on how my preparations are stacking up with the other immigrant nurses, or am i not doing things quite fast enough.Thanks! ;) :p :p :p

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
canimmigrant said:

can't really say with certainty... but, as i always say, i don't think they will give you less points for letting them know that you have one so goodluck!
yah you're right...thanks ;D ;D ;D