+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

marc de leon

Jul 2, 2011
I would also like to add that I was just hired by a government hospital in bahrain, also as a pediatric nurse. I start there Oct1. My plan is to use an emergency leave to go back to the philippines once the canadian embassy needs my passport. Would you guys suggest that I finish my contract(2years) or just leave for Canada once I have the visa? I prefer to finish my contract but what do you guys think?

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
marc de leon said:
I would also like to add that I was just hired by a government hospital in bahrain, also as a pediatric nurse. I start there Oct1. My plan is to use an emergency leave to go back to the philippines once the canadian embassy needs my passport. Would you guys suggest that I finish my contract(2years) or just leave for Canada once I have the visa? I prefer to finish my contract but what do you guys think?
assessment is done on a case-to-case basis so no one is really assured of immediate eligibility unless you have an MAN or MSN degree... it is best to stay positive lang and submit all documents you have showing your entry-to-practice competencies like current enrollment in a post graduate degree, certificates of trainings you've undergone etc. etc.... binebenta natin ang sarili natin sa kanila... so i believe that any information reflective of our desire for continuing education will not hurt... as i have said, they can always choose to ignore these submitted documents but at least they have seen them kahit papaano...

regarding your contract, since you said you prefer to finish it, then i believe that is what you should do... if you will submit your documents within the month, at the rate visas are being processed now, you should have your PR visa within 7 to 8 months if all goes well... depending on your visa validity, you NEED to land this visa in canada before it expires... so if you intend to finish your contract, you will most probably need to land in canada first to avoid forfeiture of your PR visa and then go back to bahrain and finish your contract... keep in mind that in order to apply for canadian citizenship, you need to have accumulated a stay of three years within four years from the time you landed if you wish to apply for citizenship later on...

goodluck on your application...

marc de leon

Jul 2, 2011
thank you so much for the info! wow, this forum is really helpful. i wish everything will go well and someday i can share my experiences too to help others. thanks again!

jubes

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/07/2011
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH FILE 8 OVERALL
Hi

Every one i sent my application three weeks ago and then there was a postal strike and my application was stuck in post office . After opening they recived my application hopefully as its showing in dilivery note from post.
I want to know how long does it take them to process the application and charge the money . I have a Masters degree which i sent the same day from the university sealed envelope but diffrent from my application and they got both the mail same day.

thanks

marc de leon

Jul 2, 2011
I would just like to quote this post by canimmigrant:

"from what i gather, here is how the CNO evaluates each application... first, they evaluate the nursing education... if they find it sufficient, they will issue an eligibility, pag kulang (which is mostly the case for IENs from the Philippines like us because we lack 2 years of pre-admission to their baccalaureate degree - 10 years lang tayo dito (6 years sa GS and 4 years sa HS) samantalang sila 12 years (8 yrs GS, 4 yrs HS)... so yung may mga MAN or MSN degrees, nakakakuha agad ng eligibility dahil yung 2 years nila ng MAN corresponds to the 2 years that we lack... ang baccalaureate degree nila is pareho lang sa atin actually, yung 2 years na lintik na yon ang kulang satin..."

aside from my BSN, I also graduated from Biology (4 years). so does this mean this would cover the 2 years?...

marc de leon

Jul 2, 2011
for those thinking of a reviewer, I would just like to share this....I've been "drooling" over this on the internet.

Mosby’s Prep Guide for the Canadian RN Exam, 2e and Mosby’s Comprehensive Review for the Canadian RN Exam Package, 2nd Edition

I saw it in the Elsevier - Canada website....unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links...

i belive it's 5K+ Php

good luck guys!

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
question guys....

need ba talaga atleast 1 yr experience during the last 4years when applying sa CNO or other provinces?? pano kung di na work as a nurse since 2006.

marc de leon

Jul 2, 2011
To rslcanada:

I got this from the CNO website:

Requirement 2: Evidence of recent safe nursing practice
There are two ways in which you can show proof of recent safe nursing practice.

If you are working as a nurse, the College will need a reference from your most recent employer verifying that you have worked a minimum of 1,125 hours in nursing within the previous five years at the time of registration.

Ask your employer to complete the Verification of Employment and Reference form that is included in your application package. Your employer must return the form to the College.

If you have not worked as a nurse, but you did graduate from an approved RN or RPN program within the last five years, then the College will accept verification of program completion as proof of recent practice.
Additional education
If you have not worked in nursing in the last five years and you completed your nursing program more than five years ago, then you will be required to complete additional education. The length of the study required is based on the number of years that you have not practised.

I think they will (CNO) require you to complete additional education because you have not worked since 2006 before making you eligible for CRNE (the canadian board exam)

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
thats why I dont like to apply for CRNE unlike NCLEX much easier to apply for BON & their requirements are not so hard to accomplish, not to mention IELTS is one of the requirements too in CRNE.

haaaissst... love to work as a nurse but I dont like to go back to school anymore :(

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
marc de leon said:
I would just like to quote this post by canimmigrant:

"from what i gather, here is how the CNO evaluates each application... first, they evaluate the nursing education... if they find it sufficient, they will issue an eligibility, pag kulang (which is mostly the case for IENs from the Philippines like us because we lack 2 years of pre-admission to their baccalaureate degree - 10 years lang tayo dito (6 years sa GS and 4 years sa HS) samantalang sila 12 years (8 yrs GS, 4 yrs HS)... so yung may mga MAN or MSN degrees, nakakakuha agad ng eligibility dahil yung 2 years nila ng MAN corresponds to the 2 years that we lack... ang baccalaureate degree nila is pareho lang sa atin actually, yung 2 years na lintik na yon ang kulang satin..."

aside from my BSN, I also graduated from Biology (4 years). so does this mean this would cover the 2 years?...

i'm a second courser myself, unfortunately our other degrees do not count... apparently, only our NURSING education matters... :(...

rslcanada, yes, sobrang hirap magpa license sa canada compared sa US... kaso wala naman nga tayo magagawa... hay nako! pag dasal na lang natin maging ok ang assessment natin lahat ;D ;D ;D

goodluck!

koji518

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrant said:

i'm a second courser myself, unfortunately our other degrees do not count... apparently, only our NURSING education matters... :(...

rslcanada, yes, sobrang hirap magpa license sa canada compared sa US... kaso wala naman nga tayo magagawa... hay nako! pag dasal na lang natin maging ok ang assessment natin lahat ;D ;D ;D

goodluck!
I am also a 2nd courser with 5 yrs. hospital exp.; I have a masteral units but I did not declare.. I did the BET and got the eligibility. Other degrees counts.

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
koji518 said:
I am also a 2nd courser with 5 yrs. hospital exp.; I have a masteral units but I did not declare.. I did the BET and got the eligibility. Other degrees counts.
congratulations on getting your eligibility koji518... from what i have learned from other bloggers, the college considers the submitted BET, years of experience and additional nursing education in determining entry-to-practice suitability... being a second-courser does not make up for the 2 years we lack in their baccalaureate pre-admission requirement of 12 years... sabi naman ang may edge daw talaga na bigyan ng eligibility na walang MAN degree is yung may at least 3 years na experience daw... but all we can really do is hope that our application will gain merit... meron din kasi walang experience at MAN, but based on the BET she submitted, was granted eligibility... so we are really assessed individually...

reydon, the mosby reviewer comes highly recommended by those who have taken and passed the CRNE... i intend to get one myself... i'm still hoping that my assessment will be positive -- futile din kasi mag review ng walang definite exam date... goodluck on your exam ha! kayang kaya mo yan... parang local exam lang daw din ang CRNE, and has a great difference with nclex... mas madali pa nga daw compared sa local board natin (wala naman na atang mas hihirap pa sa local board hahahhaha!)... balitaan mo kami ha! i'm sure you'll pass it ;D

carby

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
22-03-2011
Med's Done....
05-04-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Yes maganda ang mosby. That's the one that I'm using right now for my review.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
carby said:
Yes maganda ang mosby. That's the one that I'm using right now for my review.
hi... is it available here in the Philippines? ;D