+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

marie15

Oct 22, 2013
The CNO had sent me the form of Verification of Nursing Practice, I am just confused on how to fill-up the form regarding the date of employment (from -to )since I am still working in a hospital. Do I need to write upto present or I just need to put the date when I am filling the form.. Please help!

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
CNO sent me a mail letter saying that to those who have an NCLEX registration can take the RN exam right away, and also it would then be a computer based exam same as NCLEX starting January of next year. Don't know much of the info and maybe some others received the same letter I have. Please feel free to share some of your insights on to it. Thank you.

azylhon

Jan 21, 2013
I think it states on the letter that those who have eligibility for CRNE who have NCLEX registration can take the CRNE right away, as it will be given final on October but also they have the option to not take the CRNE and wait until September for a chance of consideration from their NCLEX registration.

charkei said:
CNO sent me a mail letter saying that to those who have an NCLEX registration can take the RN exam right away, and also it would then be a computer based exam same as NCLEX starting January of next year. Don't know much of the info and maybe some others received the same letter I have. Please feel free to share some of your insights on to it. Thank you.

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
Hello guys, I am already registered as an RPN here in Ontario, now working as an RPN. I can exchange ideas with others about CNO registration and CEHPEA OSCE. My email address jacildoalbert@ymail.com.

chalknaht

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 1, 2012
IELTS Request
June 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
Albertjohann said:
Hello guys, I am already registered as an RPN here in Ontario, now working as an RPN. I can exchange ideas with others about CNO registration and CEHPEA OSCE. My email address jacildoalbert @ ymail.com.
Wow great for you. May i know how many years it took you and the college to complete the process? Hows the osce?

lastman

Jun 10, 2014
hi po. mahirap bah ang exam para rpn? sa library lng asawa ko nag review at hiram ng books doon... dito pala kami sa vacouver kasi balak namin lumipat sa ontario next year pag maka pasa at makahanap ng trabaho

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
chalknaht said:
Wow great for you. May i know how many years it took you and the college to complete the process? Hows the osce?
Hello po. It took me more than a year to be fully registered with the college for my RPN. Actually, it depends and varies on each individual, depending on what other outstanding requirements you still have.

For future applicants, as of August 12, 2014, the launch of the National Nursing Assessment Service will change the way international applicants to the College begin the registration process. The NNAS (National Nursing Assessment Service) will begin assessing all international nursing applicants to the College on August 12, 2014. After that date, all applicants with international nursing education and no previous registration as a nurse in Canada will begin the application process through the NNAS website. Applicants currently being assessed by the College will not be affected.

A collaborative effort involving nursing regulatory bodies from across the country, NNAS will be the first point of entry for all international applicants looking to become nurses in Canada. It is designed to provide initial assessment of an applicant's eligibility for registration by collecting, authenticating and validating documents related to proof of identity, education, registration history, previous nursing practice, and proficiency in English or French.

Refer to this link for further information:

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/qa-national-nursing-assessment-service/

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
lastman said:
hi po. mahirap bah ang exam para rpn? sa library lng asawa ko nag review at hiram ng books doon... dito pala kami sa vacouver kasi balak namin lumipat sa ontario next year pag maka pasa at makahanap ng trabaho
Kayang kaya po natin yung RPN exam. Just be optimistic. lol

chalknaht

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 1, 2012
IELTS Request
June 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
Albertjohann said:
Hello po. It took me more than a year to be fully registered with the college for my RPN. Actually, it depends and varies on each individual, depending on what other outstanding requirements you still have.

For future applicants, as of August 12, 2014, the launch of the National Nursing Assessment Service will change the way international applicants to the College begin the registration process. The NNAS (National Nursing Assessment Service) will begin assessing all international nursing applicants to the College on August 12, 2014. After that date, all applicants with international nursing education and no previous registration as a nurse in Canada will begin the application process through the NNAS website. Applicants currently being assessed by the College will not be affected.

A collaborative effort involving nursing regulatory bodies from across the country, NNAS will be the first point of entry for all international applicants looking to become nurses in Canada. It is designed to provide initial assessment of an applicant's eligibility for registration by collecting, authenticating and validating documents related to proof of identity, education, registration history, previous nursing practice, and proficiency in English or French.

Refer to this link for further information:

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/qa-national-nursing-assessment-service/
Thanks bro. Actually im from manitoba and will be having my clinical competency assessment (osce) this october. Almost a year rin bago na schedule. Tumbahin k na to pra crne. Pray for me guys. Thanks ^_^

STAY POSITIVE

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
Doc's Request.
November 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS -MARCH 2012- 6 TO 12 MONTHS LETTER
Med's Request
June 7,2013
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Passport Req..
September 25, 2013
charkei said:

CNO sent me letter as well....as what I have understood, to wait till September if they will honor those previous NCLEX passers or to take CRNE on October (last exam) instead but still depend on the assessment of CNO if your eligible to take the exam.

Most of Internationally educated nurses that I know are taking OSCE and that includes me. CNO sent me letter last year to undergo OSCE and then if I pass then next will be the exam. I heard OSCE is really tough and only few are succeeded.

I have NCLEX registration since 2009..so I'm just keeping my fingers-crossed that they will honor it and that I don't need to go for OSCE.

narscathy

Nov 25, 2009
Hello Guys,

Sino po ang for CPRNE exam dito this coming September? Please PM me para makapag exchange po tayo ng ideas. Godbless to all.

Best Regards,

;D ;D ;D ;D