+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

notyboy

Apr 9, 2013
Hi imMaria,

Actually I started using mosbys canadian crne n Canadian PN prep guide 3rd and 4th ed, and kaplan nclex-pn, but i dont know if that is enough na, considering the review materials for pn here in canada is quite limited.

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
charkei said:
Hey guys, sooooooo mahal nang IELTS review dito sa Toronto. Any idea where can i get a cheap and unlimited practice test?
Agree! Sa Vancouver $3,500 for a 3 month unlimited package. No thanks! :eek:

That's why I went home muna sa atin at nag enrol sa niners. Same review materials, unlimited 1 on 1 coaching sa speaking and writing. $100 for a unlimited two year package. :p

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
Hello notyboy, nakapass ka na pa ng CRNE? What's the difference between CPNRE and CRNE??? Which is higher?
Did you attend any bridging program or you are already eligible to take the CPNRE?

notyboy

Apr 9, 2013
Hi imMaria,

Wla pa akong crne, mas higher ang crne for RN licensure, ang cpnre for rpn, hndi nila ako ni require ng bridging for cpnre, im planning to file for assessment for crne since same lang yung requirements nila.

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
imMaria said:
This is my situation:
I am planning to get the board exam. Hopefully to pass po. :)
After passing the board exam, i am going to start myself to get assessed sa CNO by applying po so CNO could evaluate me.

Does anybody know what would be like the CNO's advise for me if Im just an RN without work experience
let's say only few months of volunteer... but i am planning to actually apply CNO as soon as i know i pass...
Am i eligible to apply CNO even if i still haven't received my PRC license?

What do you think i would apply in CNO in my own situation? General application?
In my situation, i am probably be advised to get a bridging program.
Do you think as an RN without experience dito sa Pilipinas is eligible to take an RPN exam?
Is it like if i pass the RPN exam, i can now take the CRNE without going through a bridging program?
Which is better for my situation? RPN registration since it's cheaper? Then go for CRNE?
Or probaby, i would directly go for the bridging program then CRNE to be an RN... ???

Sino dito ang may fastest CNO assessment? Any advises po na sana makatulong :)

this is my email ad: mlgnursemlg @ gmail.com
if anybody here na hindi masyado active at kung sakaling nakita tong post ko at gustong makatulong po sa akin, can you drop me a message po concerning my problem? Please... :) God bless! Thanks!
@IMmaria

You can apply either RPN or RN even without experience as RN sa pinas.
And even if you are not a registered nurse you can still apply for assessment sa CNO..
Well if kaya ng budget for both assessment y not kasi you can have dual license naman here in ontario..
yung assessmnt ko for RPN mga 6 months din yun

good luck

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
KMAEP,
thanks a lot :))) truly helps :))) so its like this. CNO's rn application: "you are not eligible to take CRNE. You must take an rn bridging program inorder to meet the ontario's standard. after graduating, you are now eligible to take CRNE." CNO's rpn application: "you are eligible to take CRPNE."

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
KMAEP,
thanks a lot :))) truly helps :))) so its like this. CNO's rn application: "you are not eligible to take CRNE. You must take an rn bridging program inorder to meet the ontario's standard. after graduating, you are now eligible to take CRNE." CNO's rpn application: "you are eligible to take CRPNE."

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
KMAEP,
1) am i correct from my clarifacation above if i would apply both (rn&rpn)?
2) How much is the rpn application? How about the rn?
3) can i apply both rpn & rn in CNO at the same time?
4) how many months will the assessment take? (rpn&rn)
4) if i would only go for an RPN application in CNO and pass my exam, can i have a work immediately?
5) after passing cprne, w/o working afterwards, am i eligible to take CRNE (rn)? Or i still hav to go for a 2or3 yr of bridging program?

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
kmaep, if thats the case, aiming for rn, i would just go for a bridging program (aftr grad, eligible to take CRNE) and would never bother to apply rpn in the 1st place? Whats you advise, pls? I wanna personally know your pathway & experience pls. this is my emai ad: mlgnursemlg@gmail.com THANKYOU po

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
imMaria said:
KMAEP,
3) can i apply both rpn & rn in CNO at the same time?
4) if i would only go for an RPN application in CNO and pass my exam, can i have a work immediately?
5) after passing cprne, w/o working afterwards, am i eligible to take CRNE (rn)? Or i still hav to go for a 2or3 yr of bridging program?
@immaria

- from what i know, yes you can apply for assesment on both RPN and RN

- price differ every year, when i had my application last 2010 RPN cost around 250+.. and when i asked for application for RN last 2012 its 658 cad

- for RPN it usually take 6 months and for RN based sa mga kakilala ko 1 year

- well most kasi dito is looking for canadian experience, pero try and try lang

-ang alam ko pag hindi ka nag work as RPN then eligible ka for RN you have to take bridging program, pero pag nag karoon ka na ng canadian experience pwede ka na mag exam agad...

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
notyboy,
Did you try CARE centre already? its CARE4NURSES, they can help you in preparing for CRNE, not sure though if it might too late in your part to join them. When's ur exam? When u feel like you can do it alone (self.study) then that would be great. Balitaan mo ako if u pass ha. email mo ako :) mlgnursemlg@gmail.com

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
imMaria said:
kmaep, if thats the case, aiming for rn, i would just go for a bridging program (aftr grad, eligible to take CRNE) and would never bother to apply rpn in the 1st place? Whats you advise, pls? I wanna personally know your pathway & experience pls. this is my emai ad: mlgnursemlg @ gmail.com THANKYOU po
@ immaria

i sent you a message on your email add

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
notyboy, pls help me! What did u do 1st? CNO application? U chose the general application? Then cno would tell the applicants either, "u r allowed to take CRNE" or "u r allowed to take CRPNE to becme an RPN or if u want to be an RN (eligible to take crne), u hv to take a bridging program". am i right po? After general application (how much po?), mag aapply naman ng crne application? Hw much? Tell me more po, pls. tnx

pinay-saffron

Jul 26, 2011
imMaria said:
notyboy, pls help me! What did u do 1st? CNO application? U chose the general application? Then cno would tell the applicants either, "u r allowed to take CRNE" or "u r allowed to take CRPNE to becme an RPN or if u want to be an RN (eligible to take crne), u hv to take a bridging program". am i right po? After general application (how much po?), mag aapply naman ng crne application? Hw much? Tell me more po, pls. tnx
Hello! It's okay, ganyan talaga sa una, confused ka pa. If you have time, please send me an email, ojamnai_24@yahoo.com and hopefully I can help you in some ways. Good luck to you! :)

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
Hello guys, I graduated in 2011 and had 6 months hospital experience before I landed here in Ontario. I had my credentials assessed for RN and RPN. I just got a letter from the CNO last month about the results of my RN and RPN educational assessment. I was eligible to attempt to write the CPNRE. Apparently for my RN assessment, before they give me eligibility to write the exam, they needed me to take this OSCE to determine if I possess the knowledge, skill and judgement equivalent to those of current graduates of an approved Canadian nursing program. I also inquired at York university for their bridging program, had my name listed for their program.

Anyone with similar situation with me? Share some ideas please. Thank you. My email address BTW is jacildoalbert@ymail.com