+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

Cessie

Mar 27, 2013
pinay-saffron said:
hi guys! I'm still under the live-in caregiver program but I started my assessment just 5 months after I arrived here in Canada.. I've recently passed the CPNRE, but sad to say, can't complete my registration until next year (probably July) and that means the new rules will be applied on my status as well. Sa una, nakaka-frustrate kasi all this time we're expecting that since they said that we're eligible, wala na sana problema. But on the bright side, additional education will give as an edge when we apply for work. Kung iisipin its a bit unfair sa mga nakapag-pass na before those rules are implemented kasi di ba when we applied, yun pa yung mga rules. But anyway, wala din naman tayo magagawa kundi mag-comply.

I graduated BSNursing last 2009. When I've known about the new rules, sumulat ako sa CNO to ask them what courses/subjects do I need to take up kasi next year hindi na ko aabot sa evidence of safe nursing practice which must be within the last 3 yrs. They replied with the subjects that I need to take up. Mag-inquire pa lang ako sa mga school na pwede kong pasukan for the info. If someone here has the same situation, please let me know. thanks in advance.
Greetings, Ms. Pinay-saffron! i'm a newbie in this forum, so am still unfamiliar with the settings here. As i browse the previous posts, this one caught my attention because of the similarity of our situation. I'm a registered nurse in the Phil, graduated batch 2009, and will work as a live-in caregiver in North York, ON this April 2013. I also plan to undergo the application process for RPN and RN as soon as possible, so i requested the form (but the CNO hasn't replied yet Sad ) Will it be ok with you if i ask a few more questions re:application and other job stuff? (such as, As live-in caregiver, can we apply for part time jobs as nurse assistants in nursing homes/long term care facilities? )

Thank you so much in advance. :)

ethan caelian

Feb 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi silberblue, makikisend din ko ng jurisprudence reviewer sa email add ko emmanls@yahoo.com thanks in advance

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
Cessie said:
Greetings, Ms. Pinay-saffron! i'm a newbie in this forum, so am still unfamiliar with the settings here. As i browse the previous posts, this one caught my attention because of the similarity of our situation. I'm a registered nurse in the Phil, graduated batch 2009, and will work as a live-in caregiver in North York, ON this April 2013. I also plan to undergo the application process for RPN and RN as soon as possible, so i requested the form (but the CNO hasn't replied yet Sad ) Will it be ok with you if i ask a few more questions re:application and other job stuff? (such as, As live-in caregiver, can we apply for part time jobs as nurse assistants in nursing homes/long term care facilities? )

@ cessieou

you can apply and be eligible to take the RPN exam even under LIC.. but once you passed CNO wont give you license unless you have open permit , or already a PR. and from what i know you can not work with any other employer while on LIC. once you complete the min years or hours and have open permit then you can now apply for other job.

pinay-saffron

Jul 26, 2011
Cessie said:

Sadly no, we can't work outside of our contract as a live-in caregiver coz legally, we're not allowed to do so. But as we're waiting for our chance to apply for an open work permit which is after 2 yrs of full time, paid work as LIC, we can pursue our dream to become a nurse by completing the requirements one by one ( CPNRE, Jurisprudence Exam, IELTS, etc. ). If you still have some questions, please send a pm, my email add is ojamnai_24@yahoo.com. I can also send you some reviewers. Good luck to us.

milesmiles

Aug 18, 2010
silver blue,

Parang preboard exam ang impression ko sa CEAHPEAH na may written and practical exam. Sa practical test, may mga rooms na papasukin ang test taker to meet with different scenarios. The evaluator will grade you according sa response mo sa bawat case. May mga hired actors and actresses pa ata. Tama ba impression ko? Any other idea?

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
Hey guys, sooooooo mahal nang IELTS review dito sa Toronto. Any idea where can i get a cheap and unlimited practice test?

pinay-saffron

Jul 26, 2011
charkei said:
Hey guys, sooooooo mahal nang IELTS review dito sa Toronto. Any idea where can i get a cheap and unlimited practice test?
If you want, you can borrow reviewers from the library, kaso self-review lang yun. Meron din sila mga Audiobooks for listening, I think it will help a lot, considering you will pay nothing for those reviewers is really great. Ako kasi plano ko mag-self review na lang kasi I really wanted to save money and I don't really have time to attend review classes. When I took the CPNRE, most of the reviewers na ginamit ko, hiniram ko lang sa library. GOod luck saten. :)

imMaria

Apr 8, 2013
This is my situation:
I am planning to get the board exam. Hopefully to pass po. :)
After passing the board exam, i am going to start myself to get assessed sa CNO by applying po so CNO could evaluate me.

Does anybody know what would be like the CNO's advise for me if Im just an RN without work experience
let's say only few months of volunteer... but i am planning to actually apply CNO as soon as i know i pass...
Am i eligible to apply CNO even if i still haven't received my PRC license?

What do you think i would apply in CNO in my own situation? General application?
In my situation, i am probably be advised to get a bridging program.
Do you think as an RN without experience dito sa Pilipinas is eligible to take an RPN exam?
Is it like if i pass the RPN exam, i can now take the CRNE without going through a bridging program?
Which is better for my situation? RPN registration since it's cheaper? Then go for CRNE?
Or probaby, i would directly go for the bridging program then CRNE to be an RN... ???

Sino dito ang may fastest CNO assessment? Any advises po na sana makatulong :)

this is my email ad: mlgnursemlg@gmail.com
if anybody here na hindi masyado active at kung sakaling nakita tong post ko at gustong makatulong po sa akin, can you drop me a message po concerning my problem? Please... :) God bless! Thanks!

notyboy

Apr 9, 2013
Hi, I am going to take CPNRE this coming may 15, I just want to ask which reviewers can you suggest? I am planning to request for an RN assessment from CNO, do I need to call the customer service to request for the form? Thank you.