18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-11-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-05-2012 (delayed due to erroneous med form)
Interview........
none yet....
Passport Req..
waiting
paulferrer said:
Hi po, it took a total of 10 months. It should have been only 8 months, but it took so long for me to finish my BET because I had no idea how to do it, and if
what I was doing was right haha. Goodluck po ulit sa lahat.

thanks paul, please advise, can I now send my ielts result to them, they just sent me a mail last night that they started processing my application last june 1 and I shall wait for atleast 5 mos for the completion of the initial assesment which I assume is too short based on the timeline of the other members of this forum..thank you

paulferrer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-2010
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-13-2011
LANDED..........
07-24-2011
boozer24 said:
paulferrer said:
Hi po, it took a total of 10 months. It should have been only 8 months, but it took so long for me to finish my BET because I had no idea how to do it, and if
what I was doing was right haha. Goodluck po ulit sa lahat.

thanks paul, please advise, can I now send my ielts result to them, they just sent me a mail last night that they started processing my application last june 1 and I shall wait for atleast 5 mos for the completion of the initial assesment which I assume is too short based on the timeline of the other members of this forum..thank you
Hi! I am not sure about the process now, but when I did my application on December 2010, I remember the CNO sending me a list of documents that they needed from me. I sent my IELTS result and did not receive any confirmation that they received it. I just confirmed that they received it when I asked them directly when I landed in July of 2011. I think you can send the IELTS anytime during the application, or at least when they are already processing your papers. Because I believe that they will still give you the chance to take the test even without passing the english exam. The IELTS is really a requirement for registration once you passed the test. So after passing the CRNE and you still haven't passed your IELTS result then you will receive a letter reminding you of the documents that you are lacking.

But don't take my word for it. Best thing is to contact the CNO directly, I think they made some changes since 2010.

PS. By passing the IELTS result, what I mean is BRITISH COUNCIL or IDP forwarding your results to the CNO, just to make things clear.

Goodluck on your application!

kjdt102505

Jul 24, 2011
paulferrer said:
Paul na lang po. Depende po kasi sa CNO ano2x yung courses na ipapa-take sayo. May ibang one semester full time pero may mga kilala din
ako na madaming pinakuhang course na umabot ng 2+ years. Magbibigay po ng courses ang CNO tapos magiinquire kapa sa colleges kung
offered yung course na yun that sem etc. Pero alam ko pag full time niyo po kukunin sandali lang, tumatagal yung iba kasi part time study
saka siyempre trabaho din.
hi paul! what if I want to take the bridging program pero nabigyan po ako ng eligibility to take the exam? paano ko po malalaman kung ano ang mga courses na kailangan ko i-take eh meron na po ako eligibility?

paulferrer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-2010
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-13-2011
LANDED..........
07-24-2011
kjdt102505 said:
hi paul! what if I want to take the bridging program pero nabigyan po ako ng eligibility to take the exam? paano ko po malalaman kung ano ang mga courses na kailangan ko i-take eh meron na po ako eligibility?
Hi! here is a link of bridging programs in Ontario. Kung pinayagan ka magexam hindi ka bibigyan ng list, pero may sariling pong course list ang mga college
for their bridging program. Try clicking George Brown College sa link. May breakdown po ng courses na kailangan mo kunin. Puwede din po kayo sumali sa CARE for Internationally
trained nurses. May maasign sa inyo na manager na mag advice ng mga courses na usually pinapakuha sa RN. May offer din po silang job shadowing once you qualify.

Here are the links po.

http://www.citizenship.gov.on.ca/english/keyinitiatives/bridgetraining/nursing.shtml

nurseD

Jun 9, 2012
hi po,

i am a registered nurse sa pinas and presently working in Saudi for almost 2 years. I also took the IELTS-Acad and ito po scores ko Listening=8
Reading =7.5
Speaking=7.0
Writing=6.5

tanong ko lang po.
saang province mas mabilis and mas madali mag apply for registration as an RN/RPN?

Meron na po ako package forms from CNO and different pa din po ba babayaran for ASSESSMENT FEE? APPLICATION FEE and the EXAMINATION FEE?

thank you po. ;)

boozer24

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-11-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
none yet....
Passport Req..
waiting
paulferrer said:
Hi! I am not sure about the process now, but when I did my application on December 2010, I remember the CNO sending me a list of documents that they needed from me. I sent my IELTS result and did not receive any confirmation that they received it. I just confirmed that they received it when I asked them directly when I landed in July of 2011. I think you can send the IELTS anytime during the application, or at least when they are already processing your papers. Because I believe that they will still give you the chance to take the test even without passing the english exam. The IELTS is really a requirement for registration once you passed the test. So after passing the CRNE and you still haven't passed your IELTS result then you will receive a letter reminding you of the documents that you are lacking.

But don't take my word for it. Best thing is to contact the CNO directly, I think they made some changes since 2010.

PS. By passing the IELTS result, what I mean is BRITISH COUNCIL or IDP forwarding your results to the CNO, just to make things clear.

Goodluck on your application!
thanks paul for the elaborate reply, i think same pa din ang process with regards sa forwarding of ielts result. One reason kaya I've chosen Ontario na din dahil ang taas ng ielts requirement ng ibang provinces compared sa ontario. Yung nga lang matagal daw assesment, I hope ma credit ung masteral ko so I wont have to take the bridging course.

STAY POSITIVE

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
Doc's Request.
November 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS -MARCH 2012- 6 TO 12 MONTHS LETTER
Med's Request
June 7,2013
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Passport Req..
September 25, 2013
Tanong ko lang po if pwede ba gamitin same na Assesment package for applying. I send last week my RPN assessment sa CNO, I am planning na apply din ng RN assessment. Thanks.

And about pala sa IELTS ko pwede ko na ba ask ang british Council na magpadala sa CNO ng copy, mag-expire na kasi IELTS ko sa August.

paulferrer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-2010
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-13-2011
LANDED..........
07-24-2011
boozer24 said:
thanks paul for the elaborate reply, i think same pa din ang process with regards sa forwarding of ielts result. One reason kaya I've chosen Ontario na din dahil ang taas ng ielts requirement ng ibang provinces compared sa ontario. Yung nga lang matagal daw assesment, I hope ma credit ung masteral ko so I wont have to take the bridging course.
Goodluck po! In my opinion, a master's degree holder SHOULD automatically be given eligibility to take the CRNE. Sobra sobra napo pinagaralan niyo to qualify for an entry level
RN position.

boozer24

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-11-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
none yet....
Passport Req..
waiting
paulferrer said:
Goodluck po! In my opinion, a master's degree holder SHOULD automatically be given eligibility to take the CRNE. Sobra sobra napo pinagaralan niyo to qualify for an entry level
RN position.
Thanks paul sna nga tama ka, God bless!!!

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
STAY POSITIVE said:
Tanong ko lang po if pwede ba gamitin same na Assesment package for applying. I send last week my RPN assessment sa CNO, I am planning na apply din ng RN assessment. Thanks.

And about pala sa IELTS ko pwede ko na ba ask ang british Council na magpadala sa CNO ng copy, mag-expire na kasi IELTS ko sa August.
@ stay positive

nope, you have to ask for another package for RN... kasi different din sila ng cost.. yah you can ask them..

sweettooth18

Jun 13, 2012
hello, i have received my application forms via email attachment from CNO but this was still dated April of 2010. Would I still be able to use this application form? if not, then what should I do about it so that I may be able to register? I'm also having doubts if I would be able to make it as a RN in Ontario considering that I have only volunteer experience for 9 months in a primary hospital, then worked as a private duty nurse.. I'm thinking of going for the LCP, but I also dreamed of becoming a RN, should I let go of this dream? I also have to consider monetary expenses from my parents. We are on rough times. I would rather go for the least expense and where I would be able to send them money, rather than the other way around. Pls advise. Thank you in advance.

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
sweettooth18 said:
hello, i have received my application forms via email attachment from CNO but this was still dated April of 2010. Would I still be able to use this application form? if not, then what should I do about it so that I may be able to register? I'm also having doubts if I would be able to make it as a RN in Ontario considering that I have only volunteer experience for 9 months in a primary hospital, then worked as a private duty nurse.. I'm thinking of going for the LCP, but I also dreamed of becoming a RN, should I let go of this dream? I also have to consider monetary expenses from my parents. We are on rough times. I would rather go for the least expense and where I would be able to send them money, rather than the other way around. Pls advise. Thank you in advance.
@ sweettooth18

i think you can still use the form, but im not sure, just contact the CNO by phone or email just to be sure..
In their assessment im not sure whats their qualifications or standards, but if you want to be an RN then apply for it, i dont think its based on the years of experience im not sure thou, just try but as you said its more expensive, the assessment cost 600 cad+... the RPN assessment is 250 cad+.. the payment varies every year..
I applied for RPN and wrote the exam last may 16, i have an assessment form for RN, but we cant afford the assessment fee for RN so i just stick to the RPN, and maybe someday if we have enough money then ill pursue the assessment for RN..
just weigh things out, and also talk to your parents about the matter ;D ;D

good luck

sharmei17

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 17, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20-2014
File Transfer...
February 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015.....IN PROCESS APR 30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM May 14, 2015
LANDED..........
hopefully by June 23
gusto ko magpaassess as a RPN. sino po kea dito nagpaassess ng RN and RPN at the same time? ibig sabihin po ba nun dlawagn beses din ako magpapadhl ng school records o isang beses lang? thank u po s magrereply!

btw, @KMAEP i got a job na din s wakas medical secretary kaso they also let me do phlebotomist work and vaccinations

sunsetbabe08

Jul 21, 2011
boozer24 said:
thanks paul for the elaborate reply, i think same pa din ang process with regards sa forwarding of ielts result. One reason kaya I've chosen Ontario na din dahil ang ta
as ng ielts requirement ng ibang provinces compared sa ontario. Yung nga lang matagal daw assesment, I hope ma credit ung masteral ko so I wont have to take the bridging course.
hi boozer!
i heard of some who told me that they know some applicants who were denied of the eligibility even though they already have their masters. I, too, already have a masters degree and is already eligible for the exam since 2010. What i did is that I asked my school to make a very detailed course description of all my subjects from college to masters degree. I also sent all copies of certificates of my trainings and seminars (certified true and correct). I also sent exams/ licenses I already received (e.g NCLEX).

I did this for them to know what I already have achieved. Our documents are individually assessed so this may or may not be important but at least CNO knows.

if you have any queries such as ‘if they already received your documents?‘or etc... you could always call them. i was able to call them everytime i had some questions. i was even able to talk with my evaluator and he told me on the phone that i was eligible after scanning my dox in like 5-10 minutes :)
back then the processing was faster.

boozer24

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-11-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
none yet....
Passport Req..
waiting
sunsetbabe08 said:
hi boozer!
i heard of some who told me that they know some applicants who were denied of the eligibility even though they already have their masters. I, too, already have a masters degree and is already eligible for the exam since 2010. What i did is that I asked my school to make a very detailed course description of all my subjects from college to masters degree. I also sent all copies of certificates of my trainings and seminars (certified true and correct). I also sent exams/ licenses I already received (e.g NCLEX).

I did this for them to know what I already have achieved. Our documents are individually assessed so this may or may not be important but at least CNO knows.

if you have any queries such as ‘if they already received your documents?‘or etc... you could always call them. i was able to call them everytime i had some questions. i was even able to talk with my evaluator and he told me on the phone that i was eligible after scanning my dox in like 5-10 minutes :)
back then the processing was faster.
Wow sunset, thanks, this is really helpful. I already sent the necessary docs needed. I was also informed by our registrar (both BSN and MSN) that the verification forms has been sent. How were you able to talk to your assessor? Are you in Canada now? Will you be kind enough to instruct me how to contact them through phone.TIA