+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Nurse and midwife in BC- fastest route to Canada?

bailavida

Jan 9, 2009
Hi,
I would like to help my 22-year old brother, who just graduated as a nurse, and a 28-year old sister, a registered midwife in the Philippines- to immigrate and work here in BC.
Here are their infos:
*Brother
-single
-graduated as a nurse
-will get the result of his registration board exam in Manila next month
*Sister
-graduated 2-year midwifery with honours on 2006 (top of her class, clinical proficiency and Madonna award)
-Top 5 (National) in board exam
-current job title is Nursing Aid in a government hospital in Philippines, although she's performing as midwife because the one directly assisting the birth. Apparently, registered midwives in the Philippines should start as NA and wait for about 3 promotions to be a "midwife" (that will take years- unbelievable...).

I'll very much appreciate some advise/tips on how to get them to Canada, the fastest (legal) way possible. I already inquired with the BC College of Midwives and College of Nursing (regulatory boards), they suggest to go through the registration process (bridging programs for midwife) here in BC... but might take at least a year or two to complete the process. My husband and I are permanent residents in BC since 2006. We don't have any relatives here and so we miss them a lot.

PMIZZI

Jan 27, 2009
IT appears that Saskatchewan is looking for Nurses in volumes. Recently the Phillipines deployed hundreds that way. Understand you want them in BC but I would reccomend Saskatchewan then when settled and have Candian residency they can depart to BC.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You realize that our current winter temprature is 4 C and Saskatoon is -38 today,But aside from that SKS also needs nurses badly,I have already informed her that the services of her siblings are in demand in our province and am ready to help