+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

Jenny(013)

May 21, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am still a student just like you before, and had a dream to become like you now as professionals.
I would like to ask some help after I graduate and hopefully pass the cpa board here in the philippines, what can I do to process my dream to work at canada. Where will I start? Do i still need to have work experience here? What if i take up CA or CMA?

Thank you for your help.

Andy83

Jul 28, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Request
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 submitted to CEM 04-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-05-2016
Jenny(013) said:
Hello everyone!

I am still a student just like you before, and had a dream to become like you now as professionals.
I would like to ask some help after I graduate and hopefully pass the cpa board here in the philippines, what can I do to process my dream to work at canada. Where will I start? Do i still need to have work experience here? What if i take up CA or CMA?

Thank you for your help.
I think it depends, as for me my work experience in the PH was my golden ticket to Canada. I applied under FSW category, since wala akong immediate family na pwede magsponsor at mahirap din naman makakuha ng employer in our field na pwede magsponsor, I opted applying for PR visa under FSW, now I'm already here in Canada as immigrant. so if you're interested, see this website cic.gc.ca

with regards to CA or CMA, wala na yan kasi nag merge na ang CA, CMA, at CGA into CPA, please refer to this website cpacanada.ca

missEJ

Apr 9, 2016
Good day po! Ang mga accounting firm po ba sa Canada naghahanap din ng work experience in Canada? Or pwede po iyong experience dito sa Pinas? Saka po, habang nasa Pinas pa, Saan po mganda kumuha ng experience in preparation for Canada , sa Accounting firm po or pwede din sa private industries? thank you!! .

ladysupreme

Jan 15, 2014
Andy83 said:
Hi! Meron ba dito nagpa-assess recently ng Transcript sa CPA Alberta? Ano po documents aside from TOR ang sinubmit nyo? Need pa ba magrequest sa IQAS ng educational credential assessment exclusively for CPA Alberta? Thanks.
These are also my concerns.

Andy83

Jul 28, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Request
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-05-2016
ladysupreme said:
These are also my concerns.
Hi Ladysupreme, I just did. I requested from my school a copy of my Transcript to be sent directly to CPA Western School of Business for initial assessment, and also I requested anoher Transcript and Diploma (authenticated copy only not the original) for IQAS wherein the results are to be sent directly to CPA Western School of Business. The process is so tedious and costly because you have to pay CPAWSB and IQAS. Pero ganun talaga!

I don't have the results yet because it usually takes weeks daw to process.

By the way you can email them directly, nagrereply naman sila agad. :D God Bless.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Andy83 said:
Hi Ladysupreme, I just did. I requested from my school a copy of my Transcript to be sent directly to CPA Western School of Business for initial assessment, and also I requested anoher Transcript and Diploma (authenticated copy only not the original) for IQAS wherein the results are to be sent directly to CPA Western School of Business. The process is so tedious and costly because you have to pay CPAWSB and IQAS. Pero ganun talaga!

By the way you can email them directly, nagrereply naman sila agad. :D God Bless.
Hi! Let us know po when you get the results.. as I am wondering if they would consider the degree in the Philippines as a Bachelors Degree in Canada as well.

ladysupreme

Jan 15, 2014
Andy83 said:

Thanks Andy83 :). Please update us once you have the results. Magpapa assess pala talaga sa IQAS. I thought the WES evaluation is enough.

boldon

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2010
Doc's Request.
20 October 2010
AOR Received.
January 2011
IELTS Request
included in application
File Transfer...
not applicable
Med's Request
13 February 2014
Med's Done....
19 March 2014
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
3 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014 (yahoo!)
LANDED..........
mid October 2014
missEJ said:
Good day po! Ang mga accounting firm po ba sa Canada naghahanap din ng work experience in Canada? Or pwede po iyong experience dito sa Pinas? Saka po, habang nasa Pinas pa, Saan po mganda kumuha ng experience in preparation for Canada , sa Accounting firm po or pwede din sa private industries? thank you!! .
it depends kung anong firm ka. pag Big 4 generally they take into account yung experience mo sa pinas / overseas provided accepted ka sa CPA program sa Canada or may reciprocal CPA designation ka.

suggestion ko pa rin its easier to find a job sa Big 4 via internal transfer (ie global mobility) and then once makuha nyo na CPA designation nyo tsaka na mag decide na umalis ng practice and into industry

ladysupreme

Jan 15, 2014
I'm still here in the Philippines and I'm planning to have a short landing in September 2016. Any tips/suggestions on seminars/trainings that I can take while I'm still here in the Philippines para ma hire at least sa mga clerical/bookkeeping jobs sa Canada? TIA

spensierato

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
October 29, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
January 30, 2015
Med's Done....
February 9, 2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
March 3, 3015
boldon said:
it depends kung anong firm ka. pag Big 4 generally they take into account yung experience mo sa pinas / overseas provided accepted ka sa CPA program sa Canada or may reciprocal CPA designation ka.

suggestion ko pa rin its easier to find a job sa Big 4 via internal transfer (ie global mobility) and then once makuha nyo na CPA designation nyo tsaka na mag decide na umalis ng practice and into industry
Hi boldon. Are you speaking from experience? Or you know someone who took this route? Thanks!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ladysupreme said:
I'm still here in the Philippines and I'm planning to have a short landing in September 2016. Any tips/suggestions on seminars/trainings that I can take while I'm still here in the Philippines para ma hire at least sa mga clerical/bookkeeping jobs sa Canada? TIA
training on accounting software = quickbooks, sap, simply etc.

Andy83

Jul 28, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Request
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-05-2016
ladysupreme said:
Thanks Andy83 :). Please update us once you have the results. Magpapa assess pala talaga sa IQAS. I thought the WES evaluation is enough.
Here's an update, aside from the transcript and third party evaluation (IQAS), CPA Alberta also requested a Certificate of Good Standing from PICPA, a copy of the board rating from PRC should be in a sealed enveloped, and resume with all the details relating to work experience and education.

kams0905

Apr 9, 2013
Hi everyone, newbie here to the whole process.
Am currently in australia taking my masters in business & professional accounting.
Question is, how to start an application for skilled visa?
i am overwhelmed with the info i am reading, if someone would kindly in simple steps explain to me.

TIA!

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Andy83 said:
Here's an update, aside from the transcript and third party evaluation (IQAS), CPA Alberta also requested a Certificate of Good Standing from PICPA, a copy of the board rating from PRC should be in a sealed enveloped, and resume with all the details relating to work experience and education.
Thanks for the update! Will probably work on mine next year na. Let us know if they will still require you to take few more courses and challenge the CPA Exam.