+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
hi pfcastelo,

I have plans of pursuing CGA in Ontario. I will be sending my transfer credit form to the association on Nov as I am just waiting for my transcript.
My sister lives in Toronto, I will request CGA ON to send me Letter of Acceptance that is needed for study permit application here in Emabssy-Manila. I know CGA courses are a bit expensive. Can you help me/refer me to that organization pag nakarating po ako sa Toronto?

Thanks a lot!

jho111

Sep 2, 2010
North York, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
1111; 1231
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-10
Doc's Request.
30-07-10; sent full docs 16-11-10
AOR Received.
05-01-11
IELTS Request
done 31-07-10
Med's Request
21-11-11
Med's Done....
12-12-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-02-12, sent 21-02-12
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-12, rec'd 30-03-12
LANDED..........
11-09-12, To God be the glory!!!
pfcastelo said:
Anyone heard about the Registered Professional Accountant designation? I will be attending an info session in Toronto today about this designation. Here is their website "http://rpacanada.ca/".

Thanks

For those in Toronto/Ontario interested in pursuing CGA, I can refer to you an organization that shoulders the enrollment cost and subsidizes the enrollment fee.
hello pf,

How did the RPA session go? Do you think it's worthwhile to do RPA? They say it's quicker and less expensive.. ;D

blue lagoon

Sep 20, 2012
Hi pfcastelo,

How are you! with regards to your question about RPA, it is a worthwhile association but not a recognized accounting designation. Also, the merger is moving fast accross Canada and later on we will become CPA. I suggest to take the CGA or CMA certification. Let me know if you more questions.

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
iamcherrie said:
hi pfcastelo,

I have plans of pursuing CGA in Ontario. I will be sending my transfer credit form to the association on Nov as I am just waiting for my transcript.
My sister lives in Toronto, I will request CGA ON to send me Letter of Acceptance that is needed for study permit application here in Emabssy-Manila. I know CGA courses are a bit expensive. Can you help me/refer me to that organization pag nakarating po ako sa Toronto?

Thanks a lot!
Hi iamcherrie,

Once you arrive, register and contact "http://www.chineseprofessionals.ca/". They have a good program for professionals who want to pursue CGA in Toronto. Can a CGA-ontario acceptance letter be used for a student visa?

jho111 said:
hello pf,

How did the RPA session go? Do you think it's worthwhile to do RPA? They say it's quicker and less expensive.. ;D
As for the RPA, it is easier and less expensive. They are a fairly young designation and they are really trying to improve their numbers.

blue lagoon said:
Hi pfcastelo,

How are you! with regards to your question about RPA, it is a worthwhile association but not a recognized accounting designation. Also, the merger is moving fast accross Canada and later on we will become CPA. I suggest to take the CGA or CMA certification. Let me know if you more questions.
Hi blue lagoon,

I will be pursuing CGA and I already have my transfer of credits. What designation did you pursue? Can you give me more info regarding the merger?

Thanks

blue lagoon

Sep 20, 2012
Hi pfcastelo,
Good on you to have your credentials assessed by CGA! that's a good start and i will encouraged you to finish it. Yes I am a CGA here in Alberta and if you want to see the progress of the merger please go to www.cpacanada.ca.
Have a nice weekend!

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
hi pfcastelo,

thanks for your reply! I will surely contact them once makapunta ako jan.
Someone from CGA ON told me that they can provide letter of acceptance needed for student permit application here in CEM. By the way, ilang subjects nalang kukunin mo sa CGA? San ka naka-enrol ngaun?.. I graduated 2006 and some of my subjects were taken 2001 (so 10 years ago na un), is course description needed?.. my friend who got accepted in CGA BC was required to submit it and her resume as well. So i am also thinking of sending it to CGA ON. what do you think?
Thanks again for your help!

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
iamcherrie said:
hi pfcastelo,

thanks for your reply! I will surely contact them once makapunta ako jan.
Someone from CGA ON told me that they can provide letter of acceptance needed for student permit application here in CEM. By the way, ilang subjects nalang kukunin mo sa CGA? San ka naka-enrol ngaun?.. I graduated 2006 and some of my subjects were taken 2001 (so 10 years ago na un), is course description needed?.. my friend who got accepted in CGA BC was required to submit it and her resume as well. So i am also thinking of sending it to CGA ON. what do you think?
Thanks again for your help!
I got 15 courses exempted. I just need 2 courses for the advance studies and 4 courses for the certification studies. I will be enrolling this winter semester at ryerson to take my tax courses using the OBPAP bursar program and probably squeeze in some accounting subjects for a reviewer course before enrolling in the spring/fall term of the CGA program.

I graduated in 2003 and my first accounting subjects were taken in 1999. I provided CGA with my transcript, diploma, CPA board exam score, PRC diploma, resume, PICPA certificate of good standing. Try to include any accounting trainings you have. CGA-Ontario is accepting certified true copies. Just verify if they will accept CTC f it was certified in the Philippines because we have them certified here in Toronto. I did not submit course description anymore. Just a tip, wala na kaming nilagay na courses that we are asking for exemption. We left if blank.

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
hi pf,

15 subjects? wow.. ang galing mo nmn.. I heard some of our kababayans had trouble in the transfer of credit, some of them appealed pa nga kc 6 subjects lang ung nacredit.. I have already verified with them that they require notarized dox (in Canada daw and not notarized here in the Phils) so nagiisip ako now kung pano ko ippanotarized jan sa Canada.. ung diploma kc ng PRC e original talaga un and CGA ON told me that the association is not returning dox after the assessment.. But, I had my TOR, diplomas authenticated by DFA (last 2008 pa un).. is it as good as notarized?.. buti kapa, ngstart kana magaral, 5.5 years n ako dito sa company ko dito sa QC and gusto ko tlaga to upgrade to CGA.. sige iba-blank ko nlng ung courses that I am asking for exemption.. Thanks to you ha?

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
iamcherrie said:
hi pf,

15 subjects? wow.. ang galing mo nmn.. I heard some of our kababayans had trouble in the transfer of credit, some of them appealed pa nga kc 6 subjects lang ung nacredit.. I have already verified with them that they require notarized dox (in Canada daw and not notarized here in the Phils) so nagiisip ako now kung pano ko ippanotarized jan sa Canada.. ung diploma kc ng PRC e original talaga un and CGA ON told me that the association is not returning dox after the assessment.. But, I had my TOR, diplomas authenticated by DFA (last 2008 pa un).. is it as good as notarized?.. buti kapa, ngstart kana magaral, 5.5 years n ako dito sa company ko dito sa QC and gusto ko tlaga to upgrade to CGA.. sige iba-blank ko nlng ung courses that I am asking for exemption.. Thanks to you ha?
Im not really sure about the DFA authentication. Pero you can send the documents to your Ate and ask her to notarize the documents in Canada. Para atleast nasayo pa ung orginal documents. Di pa ako nag start mag aral. =) Hopefull by January eh, matuloy na ung pagaaral namin.

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
can I ask magkano ang panotarize ng documents sa Canada?
siguro ganun n nga lang.. thanks sau.. summer kc ang gusto ko ienrol para mura ang fees..
my job ka ba jan? goodluck sau ha?.. sana ma-meet kita pag nagpunta ako jan, hehe.. <super pray talaga ako>
mejo mahal kc ang mga books at per course pro kakayanin ko.. este ng tatay ko pala, lol..
nga pla, are u a graduate of a 4-year course dito sa Pinas?
kc ung iba, may masters na dito e hindi pa din nila nameet ung degree reuirement ng CGA ON..

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
iamcherrie said:
can I ask magkano ang panotarize ng documents sa Canada?
siguro ganun n nga lang.. thanks sau.. summer kc ang gusto ko ienrol para mura ang fees..
my job ka ba jan? goodluck sau ha?.. sana ma-meet kita pag nagpunta ako jan, hehe.. <super pray talaga ako>
mejo mahal kc ang mga books at per course pro kakayanin ko.. este ng tatay ko pala, lol..
nga pla, are u a graduate of a 4-year course dito sa Pinas?
kc ung iba, may masters na dito e hindi pa din nila nameet ung degree reuirement ng CGA ON..
Nako, medyo mahal magpanotarize dito. Gano na katagal ate mo dito sa Toronto? I can refer her to an organization that offers free notarization of documents. Pero for newcomers lang siya. Sure, pag punta mo dito let's network. I only have a 4 year BSA degree in the Philippines. Blessings lang talaga ni Lord na madaming na credit samin.

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
5 years na xa jan pero she does not work.. she had a baby so she's staying sa house, uwe sila sa Dec after 5 long years to celebrate pasko with us.. sana pwede ung libre notarize kahit matagal na xa jan.. mejo hiya kase ako sa brother in law ko kc xa ung ngwowork, tapos xa ung gagastos sa notarize if ever.. kaya iniisip ko na ok lang cguro if orig dox na ung ipass ko sa CGA.. double degree ako dito sa Pinas pero iniisip ko pa din na pwedeng hindi pa din ung equivalent sa canadian degree..
anyways, salamat ulit sa help mo.. I will surely contact you pg my progress na appli ko.. :)

danzob

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
pfcastelo said:
I got 15 courses exempted. I just need 2 courses for the advance studies and 4 courses for the certification studies. I will be enrolling this winter semester at ryerson to take my tax courses using the OBPAP bursar program and probably squeeze in some accounting subjects for a reviewer course before enrolling in the spring/fall term of the CGA program.

I graduated in 2003 and my first accounting subjects were taken in 1999. I provided CGA with my transcript, diploma, CPA board exam score, PRC diploma, resume, PICPA certificate of good standing. Try to include any accounting trainings you have. CGA-Ontario is accepting certified true copies. Just verify if they will accept CTC f it was certified in the Philippines because we have them certified here in Toronto. I did not submit course description anymore. Just a tip, wala na kaming nilagay na courses that we are asking for exemption. We left if blank.
congrats sau pfcastelo! can you share the 6 courses that you need to finish? how long did the assessment take? may expiration ba na you need to enrol at a certain date? pwede bang online ang pagkuha ng courses? sensya na maraming tanong..thanks!

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
danzob said:
congrats sau pfcastelo! can you share the 6 courses that you need to finish? how long did the assessment take? may expiration ba na you need to enrol at a certain date? pwede bang online ang pagkuha ng courses? sensya na maraming tanong..thanks!
Hi danzob! For the advance level, I need TX1 and BC2. Tapos PA1, PA1 and 2 electives for the certification studies. Almost 2 weeks lang ung assessment and may 1 year expiry siya. AFAIK, online lahat ng courses pero you have to be physically present to take the exam.

danzob

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
pfcastelo said:
Hi danzob! For the advance level, I need TX1 and BC2. Tapos PA1, PA1 and 2 electives for the certification studies. Almost 2 weeks lang ung assessment and may 1 year expiry siya. AFAIK, online lahat ng courses pero you have to be physically present to take the exam.
salamat sa info P! nagpa-assess na ako sa CMA ON..ok naman ang assessment..pero kung makakakuha ako ng mas ok sa CGA, then I will take it..follow up question, if i may, nong difference ng advance level sa certification? sensya na..hindi pa kc ako ngbabasa ng info sa website.. =)