+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Indeed a useful forum.

nzaide

Sep 28, 2012
Hi,

Hello, where are you here in Canada? You are right it is so hard finding job here in accounting and need patience and faith. I passed my CMA entrance but can't get yet job in accounting because employer are looking for canadian experience related to your field. Do you know some organization on how I get it or how do you start in your accounting career here because I thought your now in accounting field now.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Does anyone here know the answer to my query raised under this forum
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-be-a-canadian-cawhen-you-have-passed-usa-cpa-t40192.90.html

Dear All,
I am glad I found this thread and really hope if someone can answer my query. I am currently thinking of getting a CPA (USA). I understand that you need to be a CPA before you become a resident of Canada. Just wanted to know if (1) passing the examination requirement is enough before landing to be eligible for reciprocal membership of CA or you need to be a member and license holder from any of the approved board of accountancy (NASBA).

Secondly (2) when do you become a resident of Canada, is it the date when you get the visa or the date of landing and applying for PR.

I would really appreciate if someone can reply to my query.

http://www.icao.on.ca/Admissions/InternationallyTrainedAccountants/MemberRecipAcctgBody/1010page13478.aspx

“Eligibility for reciprocity is contingent upon having written all parts of the normal qualifying examination(s), or uniform CPA examination, prior to becoming a resident of, or returning as a resident to, Canada and at least three years after not being a resident of Canada. Alternatively, you must have written at least one part of the normal qualifying examination(s), or uniform CPA examination, while in a country other than Canada for at least 75% of the four years immediately preceding that examination”.

janmakmak

Sep 30, 2012
Hello guys!!!

Can anyone give me a hint on how would I start an accounting career in Canada? I really wanted to work abroad.
I am a CPA here in the Philippines and had been working for almost a year now.

Thank you so much. God bless! :)

-janmakmak

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
For those interested in pursuing a CGA designation, they have an ongoing raffle for scholarship. Kindly PM me your name and email if interested.

Shaja

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2013
pfcastelo said:
For those interested in pursuing a CGA designation, they have an ongoing raffle for scholarship. Kindly PM me your name and email if interested.
hi I'm interested, what is your email address? But I just received my student visa today, I am planning to enrol this December session. Is this applicable in CGA-BC?

shekinah

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 26, 2012 Rcvd by cpc-m: Sept. 28, 2012 Sponsor App'l..: Nov. 7, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 30, 2012
Indeed a very helpful topic.

I'm bound for Quebec. I'm not a CPA here in Phil but I will complete a degree in accounting equivalent to Quebec/Canada standard then after I will pursue a CPA designation. (Quebec has completed it's unification since May 2012).

My question is :
How many years do you think it will take to complete this CPA designation for a non CPA in Phil.

Thank you for all your valuable information. Good luck to everyone. :D

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
Hello everyone,

Is anyone here applied in CGA Ontario from the Philippines as a student visa holder?
Kc sabi nung ka-email ko sa CGA, they only send evaluation of the credential assessment through email and not by a return mail.
Hihingi sana ako ng Letter of Acceptance sa knila para maka-apply ako ng student visa dito sa Manila if ever ma-admit ako sa professional studies nila.
Kc ung officemate ko, sa CGA-BC xa nag-pa-assess den pinadalhan xa ng mga LOA, schedule of fees, length/duration ng program, ung nacredit n subjects, etc..

Ganun ba talaga ang CGA ON?..
Please reply po at salamat sa inyo..
GODBLESS..

topeboy

Aug 5, 2010
Hi guys,

Is there any restrictions for CGA reciprocal member. I have just re-registered for ACCA with only 6 papers to write. I plan to write the papers in June and December 2013. However, I am landing in March 2013.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
By restriction if you mean of residency requirements then no such restrictions exist. You need to be a member of ACCA (must have qualified for membership through examination) and hold an equivalent graduation degree.
Good luck for your landing.

topeboy said:
Hi guys,

Is there any restrictions for CGA reciprocal member. I have just re-registered for ACCA with only 6 papers to write. I plan to write the papers in June and December 2013. However, I am landing in March 2013.

chriza

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
Med's Request
18-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012/ 16-02-2012
Interview........
hopefully waive..
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..
LANDED..........
anytime soon!
anybody here who can access e-cas today?thanks

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question naman:

CGA Alberta requested me for 2 documents.

1. Official PICPA Letter of Good Standing "directly mailed" from the institution to CGA Alberta
2. Your PICPA certification issued when you obtained your membership

Would anyone enlighten me on these requirements? I don't think we got any certification from PICPA when we got our membership. Also, I called PICPA Western Metro Manila Chapter, and they said they don't send them directly to the institution.

Anyone able to clarify or attest to as to how they go about these restrictions?

Thanks!

gwynemalazarte

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2013
Doc's Request.
30-January-2013 (SSS, ITR, COE, Company ID)
AOR Received.
15-July-2013
IELTS Request
together with the application
File Transfer...
15-August-2013
Med's Request
25-February-2013
Med's Done....
5-June-2014 (Sputum)
Interview........
24-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
08-Oct-2014
Big Mike said:
Question naman:

CGA Alberta requested me for 2 documents.

1. Official PICPA Letter of Good Standing "directly mailed" from the institution to CGA Alberta
2. Your PICPA certification issued when you obtained your membership

Would anyone enlighten me on these requirements? I don't think we got any certification from PICPA when we got our membership. Also, I called PICPA Western Metro Manila Chapter, and they said they don't send them directly to the institution.

Anyone able to clarify or attest to as to how they go about these restrictions?

Thanks!
Hi,

I have a certificate from PICPA as part of a member of the org. It was inserted in a brown envelope.

For the good standing, other members here ask PICPA to have it on red seal and you can send the certificate of good standing with seal on your own.

pfcastelo

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-11-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2012
LANDED..........
30-07-2012
Anyone heard about the Registered Professional Accountant designation? I will be attending an info session in Toronto today about this designation. Here is their website "http://rpacanada.ca/".

Thanks

For those in Toronto/Ontario interested in pursuing CGA, I can refer to you an organization that shoulders the enrollment cost and subsidizes the enrollment fee.