+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

beacpa

Nov 7, 2020
Hello po. Im a CPA working in one of the Big 4 professional services firms for 2 years po. Im planning to work in Canada pero I understand po na I have to obtain a CPA license there din since our CPA license here in the Philippines does not reciprocate sa Canada. I'd like to ask for your assistance po sana kung ano yung mga kailangan kong paghanadaan like may Canadian CPA exam ba dito sa Philippines or are licenses CPA in the Philippines can directly take the exam ba without studying? thank you very much po!

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hello po. Im a CPA working in one of the Big 4 professional services firms for 2 years po. Im planning to work in Canada pero I understand po na I have to obtain a CPA license there din since our CPA license here in the Philippines does not reciprocate sa Canada. I'd like to ask for your assistance po sana kung ano yung mga kailangan kong paghanadaan like may Canadian CPA exam ba dito sa Philippines or are licenses CPA in the Philippines can directly take the exam ba without studying? thank you very much po!
Hi,

To my knowledge, there's not exam in the Philippines that will make you a CPA in Canada right away. That said, you'll want to start reaching to any of the business schools here in Canada to request for their list of requirements you'll need to send for them to assess. i.e. If you plan to move to Atlantic Canada, you can reach out to Atlantic Business School. It is possible to be exempted from prep courses, and be eligible to challenge module exams off the bat. That however, depends on the results of your assessment. You might also be required to prove status of your residency in Canada. Will you be a PR coming in? Will you be a student taking further courses and then taking up prep courses for CPA...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

beacpa

Nov 7, 2020
Hi,

To my knowledge, there's not exam in the Philippines that will make you a CPA in Canada right away. That said, you'll want to start reaching to any of the business schools here in Canada to request for their list of requirements you'll need to send for them to assess. i.e. If you plan to move to Atlantic Canada, you can reach out to Atlantic Business School. It is possible to be exempted from prep courses, and be eligible to challenge module exams off the bat. That however, depends on the results of your assessment. You might also be required to prove status of your residency in Canada. Will you be a PR coming in? Will you be a student taking further courses and then taking up prep courses for CPA...

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Hi,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
hello thank you po will consider these as I plan :)

Miguel Carpio

Dec 15, 2020
Hello, I'm a CPA in the Philippines, passed the CPA board exam in October 2016 and have accumulated 4 years of experience in auditing firms in Makati. If ever I plan to pursue Canadian PR, what are the job options (positions, job description) available immediately for me to apply in Canada, considering I will not immediately take any steps to obtain Canadian CPA designation yet when I get there.

PS. before I land, I am planning to take the UK certification of Certified accounting technician which is recognized in Canada.

Thank you so much!

cpa1117

Jan 5, 2021
Hello. I'm new to this group. I just wanna ask, Im a cpa as well with 5 years work experience sa pilipinas sa government practice. Paano po kayo nakapag migrate sa canada as an accounting professional?ano ba required work experience nila, international certification (if any), and educational qualifications like required po ba na may masters degree? Thank you sa makasasagot. And also, if you have any groups that tackles this kind of topics, please let me know. I'm very interested to join. Thank You.

Reactions: emmanmanaog

DPNB

May 8, 2021
Hi po ask ko lang po sana kung ano mga steps para maging CPA sa Canada alberta, I graduated 2016 became a CPA 2017,migrated to Canada 2017 and ngayong 2021 plan ko po mag take ng CPA PREP or PEP pano po ba ang process? Thank you.

CDM

Jul 12, 2021
Hi po ask ko lang po sana kung ano mga steps para maging CPA sa Canada alberta, I graduated 2016 became a CPA 2017,migrated to Canada 2017 and ngayong 2021 plan ko po mag take ng CPA PREP or PEP pano po ba ang process? Thank you.
Hello po. Ask k lng po if nag aral dn po ba kayo dyan? Planning to study po sa Alberta (NAIT) pero ngiisip pa po if Business Ad Diploma-Accounting po ang kukunin or magpacredits to Bachelors In Business Ad from sa mga natapos na subj na po dto. Ano po kayang mas ok kunin in case?

CDM

Jul 12, 2021
Hello po,

Ask ko lang meron po ba sa inyo who took the path of studying in Canada under diploma program? ask ko lang po how was your student permit application? paano niyo po inexplain sa LOE/study plan. I was accepted under diploma program but already have bachelors degree I'm also a CPA here in the Philippines. Thank you in advance!
Hello po. Planning to take the same path. Nkpagstart na po ba kayo dto? Ask ko po sana if cnonsider nyo dn po ba mgpatransfer credits ng nga subj from PH for a bachelors degree po dyan. Iniisip ko po kasi if pwdeng same 2 yrs dn ang timframe pag diploma and bachelors with cedits.thank you.

CDM

Jul 12, 2021
Hello mga kabayan!! I graduated from college during aug 2017 and passed the CPA exam last may 2018. I'm already here in alberta and was wondering if mas maganda kunin yung Masters in Accounting program(MAcc) ng University of Alberta rather than taking the usual PEP route since pagka-graduate ng MAcc, board exam agad (no need to take modules, electives and capstones). Nakaktuwa lang na pagkagraduate, may master's degree na, tapos pwede na mag final exam (CFE)
Hello po. Planning to study po ako next year sa Alberta. Ano po kayang mas ok na itake tung Business Ad Diploma-Accting po ba or magpatransfer credits ng mga natapos na na sub dto sa PH. Iniisip ko po kasi if both prang 2 yrs dn sila. Thank you.

CDM

Jul 12, 2021
Hello po. Pano po process at requirements para mkapag aral for CPA designation? Pwede po magpaassist please. Currently in Edmonton po. Thank you
Hello po. Ask ko lng po if nkapagstart na po ba kayo nito. Thanks po. Any advice po will be appreciated. Planning to study dn po dyan sa edmonton (NAIT) pero ngiisip po if business ad diploma -acctng or magpatransfer credits for bachelors in business ad acctng. Thank you.

CDM

Jul 12, 2021
Hello po. Pano po process at requirements para mkapag aral for CPA designation? Pwede po magpaassist please. Currently in Edmonton po. Thank you
Hello po ask ko lng po if nkapagstart na po ba kayo nito. Planning to study po in Edmonton. Any advice po. Thank you.

eris0819

Jan 21, 2022
Hello, do we need IELTS for CPA PEP? If yes this would obviously be acad right? also, ano po kya required band score?

Can we take po ba agad ung CPA PEP without taking the modules? Thank you so much!

I already have job offer po ksi s Vancouver but my employer is asking me abt Candian CPA reciprocity.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hello, do we need IELTS for CPA PEP? If yes this would obviously be acad right? also, ano po kya required band score?

Can we take po ba agad ung CPA PEP without taking the modules? Thank you so much!

I already have job offer po ksi s Vancouver but my employer is asking me abt Candian CPA reciprocity.
No IELTS required
But to be safe, you’ll have to reach out to the school in charge of CPA PEP in Vancouver for eligibility requirements (that’s easily Google-able)

My partner was required to submit:
  • Certificate of Good Standing from PICPA (PICPA will send to the school in charge of VAN CPAs)
  • Eligibility Request Form
  • Letter of Reference
  • Resume
  • WES Evaluation (that WES will release to the school in charge of VAN CPAs)

Reactions: eris0819

eris0819

Jan 21, 2022
No IELTS required
But to be safe, you’ll have to reach out to the school in charge of CPA PEP in Vancouver for eligibility requirements (that’s easily Google-able)

My partner was required to submit:
  • Certificate of Good Standing from PICPA (PICPA will send to the school in charge of VAN CPAs)
  • Eligibility Request Form
  • Letter of Reference
  • Resume
  • WES Evaluation (that WES will release to the school in charge of VAN CPAs)
Hello, noted on this. Also, just want to confirm bale need ko tlga ng student visa to apply for CPA PEP? Ksi po for work visa lng sna aapplyan ko since ang purpose ko tlga ng pagpnta sa Canada is to work kso since temporary resident lng ako need ko pa mag-apply ng student visa? Thank you so much po!