+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing up goods to carry form

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
Hello,

We will landing in Toronto Nov mid. Need to confirm my understanding of following documents to be carried and ready during landing in Airport.

a) Passport of all family members
b) COPR - 2 pages (both are same, except one has photo ).
c) Forms containing details of things being carried.

Also need some help filling up goods to carry form.

If my understanding is correct, we need to fill up 2 forms - bsf186-eng & bsf186a-eng (2 copies).
1st form will contain the things being carried along during landing & 2nd form is used to fill the things that will be carried later on or shipped from home country.

Any other documents to be kept ready in cabin baggage?
Any feedback ?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
BSF186a is not the goods to follow form. You want to fill out 2 copies of the BSF186 form and tick one as goods to follow. The BSF186a form is used when you need additional pages for items you are declaring. it is a supplemental form that is not required. the required form is BSF 186.

besides the BSF form, all that is required are your passports and COPR documents.

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
I have one more question. Do we need to mention all the things that will be carried ?
Is there exclusions & mandatory inclusions ? Things like clothes also need to be declared ?

Thanks,

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
lookcanada said:
I have one more question. Do we need to mention all the things that will be carried ?
Is there exclusions & mandatory inclusions ? Things like clothes also need to be declared ?

Thanks,
if you only have a couple of suitcases with clothes, shoes, etc, then they do not need to be declared. it's when you are bringing a lot of home goods and personal items beyond the normal amount of items someone would be traveling with they expect the declaration form. if you are declaring other items, i would recommend including your clothing as well. you do not need to list the items separately. you can list them as a group and provide a value. for example: 2 suitcases of clothing...$xxx, 2 boxes of kitchen goods....$xxx.