+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing tax return upon leaving Canada

Scryden

Jan 29, 2016
Hello,

I have a question. If I am on a temporary 1 year work permit and have worked for a Canadian employer ever since I landed, how and where do I file my tax returns? Should I do this before going back to my home country? Do I even have to do this as a temporary resident?

I also have a bank and creditcard here which I can easily close and transfer the money back home but I can't seem to find a good answer to filing tax returns upon turning back home.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I have a question. If I am on a temporary 1 year work permit and have worked for a Canadian employer ever since I landed, how and where do I file my tax returns? Should I do this before going back to my home country? Do I even have to do this as a temporary resident?

I also have a bank and creditcard here which I can easily close and transfer the money back home but I can't seem to find a good answer to filing tax returns upon turning back home.
1. You can file you income taxes when you return home. Yes, if you were employed in Canada you have to pay income taxes. See: http://tinyurl.com/y8gufhf2