+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

filing BC PNP but job description changed

Ely08

Jan 24, 2009
Hi! Need help on my PNP filing.
A working permit has been issued to me as Sales Associates last July 2008. Our finance manager resigned end of August 2008. Having experiences in the same field and being a Certified Public Accountant in the Phillipines, my employer promotes me in the position effective September 2008. I am now planning to process my BC PNP application being a Finance manager and not as a Sales associate (coz as far as I know, Sales Associate is not eligible for BC PNP).
Somebody advised me that my employer should get a new LMO for my new position, while others advised that a certificate/letter from my employer showing my promotion would be enough. I am so confused now.
Please advise me what is the best, accurate and fastest way in processing my PNP.
thank you in advance!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Ely08 said:
Hi! Need help on my PNP filing.
A working permit has been issued to me as Sales Associates last July 2008. Our finance manager resigned end of August 2008. Having experiences in the same field and being a Certified Public Accountant in the Phillipines, my employer promotes me in the position effective September 2008. I am now planning to process my BC PNP application being a Finance manager and not as a Sales associate (coz as far as I know, Sales Associate is not eligible for BC PNP).
Somebody advised me that my employer should get a new LMO for my new position, while others advised that a certificate/letter from my employer showing my promotion would be enough. I am so confused now.
Please advise me what is the best, accurate and fastest way in processing my PNP.
thank you in advance!
Your Promotion letter is sufficient,You were already an employee when you were promoted any problems drop me a line

Ely08

Jan 24, 2009
Re: filing BC PNP but job description changed ... how 'bout as Federal Skilled?

Hi BCguy and to all other seniors here, since you said that my promotion letter is enough to show changed in my Job Description, would it be possible for me to apply in Federal Skilled Worker program now? My Current work here in canada (since i was promoted as Finance Manager) and my past experiences were included in the 38 List of Skilled Worker. i tried the on-line pre-assessment in the website and I scored way above the 67 points minimum.
If I am eligible to apply as Federal Skilled Worker, is it a better choice for me to get a permenent visa here than the PNP?
Thank you in advance!