+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filed in US, but have to wait in Europe for decision, how will that work? help!

salmonito

Jun 3, 2008
Hi,
please help me with your advice/experience I am Quebec nominee and my medicals were field in March 14th 2008. My case was transferred from Buffalo to Detroit in Feb. I will have to leave US if I don't find new job by July 21st and will have to wait in Europe for the decision. How can that work? I mean sending passport for stamping and stuff, will I still have to send it to US or now to European centre? How do they respond to change of country while processing? I am kind of worried. Should I just wait for the decision here and not care about my status in US?... Thank you very much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Filed in US, but have to wait in Europe for decision, how will that work? he

Hi

salmonito said:
Hi,
please help me with your advice/experience I am Quebec nominee and my medicals were field in March 14th 2008. My case was transferred from Buffalo to Detroit in Feb. I will have to leave US if I don't find new job by July 21st and will have to wait in Europe for the decision. How can that work? I mean sending passport for stamping and stuff, will I still have to send it to US or now to European centre? How do they respond to change of country while processing? I am kind of worried. Should I just wait for the decision here and not care about my status in US?... Thank you very much.
Well you will have a problem as the US offices will not mail the passports outside their processing area. So if you requested to submit your passport by Detroit, you will have to figure out a way to get back from an address in either the US or Canada.

PMM

salmonito

Jun 3, 2008
Re: Filed in US, but have to wait in Europe for decision, how will that work? he

So I will have to send my passport to Detroit... My girlfriend US citizen could send me my passport back. But how will it look if I notify Detroit of change of address to Europe and will be asking them to mail the passport to US address later, how does that work? :) Thank you for you replies! Cheers PMM

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
salmonito, how did you resolve the problem? Have the same situation here

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuxey said:
salmonito, how did you resolve the problem? Have the same situation here
Hi tuxey,

The original post was quite old.....he probably got it resolved thru his GF.

1.Anyways, if you have to leave your country of VO, then obviously you have to inform VO about the change of address.

2.Your file will not be transferred to any other VO.

3.If you are scheduled for an Interview, then you have to attend the interview in the Country of VO.

4.You will have to arrange for friend/relative to take your passport to VO and subsequently bring it back to you.

MItali

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
mitali, thanks for the respose! My interview was waved. I applied in US, but now I'm back to russia. Do you think it's possible to stamp visa in Russian consulate?

I already did my medicals. Waiting for pasport request.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuxey said:
mitali, thanks for the respose! My interview was waved. I applied in US, but now I'm back to russia. Do you think it's possible to stamp visa in Russian consulate?

I already did my medicals. Waiting for pasport request.
Sorry tuxey to be the carrier of bad news.

You cannot get your PP stamped in Russia. As you are already in Russia, you must have intimated your VO in US about the change of address because the request for PPs will go to that address. If that has been taken care of then you will receive the request for PP at your present address and CIC will direct you to send PP to US VO with additional request that you provide address within the jurisdiction of US VO. They will not mail your PPs to Russia.

Mitali

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
I have friends in the US and they are getting all the letters from CIC. So, I could send my passport the them and they will deliver it to the CIC and get it back by mail. The only problem is to send my passport to the US friend and get it back. Do you know if it's possible to send my passport by Fedex?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuxey said:
I have friends in the US and they are getting all the letters from CIC. So, I could send my passport the them and they will deliver it to the CIC and get it back by mail. The only problem is to send my passport to the US friend and get it back. Do you know if it's possible to send my passport by Fedex
This means that you have not intimated your VO of address change. In that case request for PP will be sent/received to/at your friend's address.

It is illegal to send passports out of country...but this information is based on Indian laws. You will have to check the laws in your country regarding the legal aspect of sending passport out of country. You can call Russian Consulate to get the correct information.

Yes, FEDEX can be your savior, if you can take care of the legal aspect. I know of one applicant who had used FEDEX to mail his passports....but he did not inform FEDEX of the contents of the package.

Mitali

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
mitali, sending passport by fedex without letting them know what's inside is a good idea. Thanks for that! Will keep in mind

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuxey said:
mitali, sending passport by fedex without letting them know what's inside is a good idea. Thanks for that! Will keep in mind
Well, I am not advocating that for sure.....I just said - One member was successful in that attempt.

Mitali