+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filed in September 2009?

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
As I got my AOR, can anyone tell me how to get the police verification certificate from india. Also how to obtain a work experience certificate in company's letter head. If I ask my employer for the experience and my role certificate they will get a suspicion on me regarding job change. Any alternatives.

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PND: As per the CIC website you can obtain it from either your local SSP office or Passport office. I got mine from PPT Office. Simply fill in the form + Rs. 300 fee + original passport has to be given. It is almost similar with SSP office. They will do a police verification and give you the clearance. Do it asap.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
NVR, could you please tell me the following information:

1. in which city is the passport office from where you got the police clearance?
2. how many days is it taking for them to give us the clearance?

I need this info as I am planning for a vacation to India and I want to get the police clearance when I am there in India.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Also, if we get the PCC from passport office, i believe it is given as a seal in the passport. In that case, how do we send it to the visa office as they require originals of the PCC. any idea?

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks NVR, but I am in USA and I need Police clearance from India. How can I get that ! any idea ??

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi..You will get the police clearance from the ppt office where your ppt was issued in India. But you can even obtain it from your country where you are currently residing through the Indian embassy.
Regarding the query on "seal". The ppt office has a preformatted document which mentions your name, ppt number and no criminal record and eligibility for immigration to (name of country). It has the seal of ppt office and ministry of external affairs. I was given two copies of the certificate with the original seal, along with the seal that was endorsed in my ppt.
However, I think you need to get the certificate from your Indian embassy, though I dont know abt where you are exactly and how long u have been in that country.

Regarding the time period I was given in a week as my police verification had already been done, otherwise it easily takes more than a month.

PND: Even in your case you have to get it from the Indian consulate.. check the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks ! Can someone tell me how you have obtained the work ex certificate from your employers? any other alternative other than company's letter head.

ha2922

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2010
Doc's Request.
17-12-2009
r.roy said:
@ ha2922

my noc is 1111. anyone else with this noc here? whats yours?
@ aadil- yes u can check immediately from e-cas.

i am waiting for the physical copy of the letter. don't know when it'll come via snail mail.

@r.roy
Sorry for late reply. My NOC is 4131.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Thanks NVR, I am currently in US for the last 2.5 years and I am aware that I can get it from the Indian consulate here. I had checked with them and they take upto 45 days to get the police clearance. I need to travel to India in the beginning of Jan 2010 and hence cannot afford to leave my passport with them for 45 days from now. Thats the reason I chose to get it from India.

My ppt office is in Chennai and my police verification is also done earlier when I got my passport. Hence I believe I would not have any trouble getting it from there.

Thanks for your clarification.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
PND - work experience letter should be in the company letter head only. no other way. you need to contact your superior or the HR dept in your company and get this letter. I got mine from the HR dept.

PND

Star Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks Pasi !! I do have the work experience from my company but have you asked you HR to mention your roles and responsibilities in the work exp certificate.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Police Clearance needed from USA too...
hey guys anyone have sample experience letter of NOC 0213 please email me on ommnetinfosys@yahoo.com or jobsinpoland@yahoo.com
thanks guys....
waiting for reply.. I am applying soon in november 2009...
please update...

yesyes

Sep 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo - tranferred to la
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2009
AOR Received.
01-11-2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
13-05-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-23-2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in cananda - need to re-enter for landing
dear pasi
reg police clearance certificate from indian high commission, i recently applied in Toronto and as usual they told that i will take 6 weeks but actually they gave within 5 working days.. so no problem u can go ahead and get it in USA itself.

i need one more clarrifction as regards submiision to the Visa office, do we need to give the PCC at the time of application or we need to give when they ask for it.

please clarrify

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I do not want to take that risk. If they delay it, my passport will be held with them and that will cause lot of problems. I also emailed the Washington Indian embassy office and asked them on how much time they would take. I never got a reply. So only decided to get it from India.

reg the PCC - you need to send the original PCC when you send the full docs to the visa office. if you dont, they ll ask you and it will delay the processing.

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U hv to submit PCC along with document submission to the visa office.

yesyes said:
dear pasi
reg police clearance certificate from indian high commission, i recently applied in Toronto and as usual they told that i will take 6 weeks but actually they gave within 5 working days.. so no problem u can go ahead and get it in USA itself.

i need one more clarrifction as regards submiision to the Visa office, do we need to give the PCC at the time of application or we need to give when they ask for it.

please clarrify