+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

filed canada experience class but out of status

happy2014

May 29, 2014
I filed Canada experience class, but out of status now. My English score did not meet the requirement in the first place, then I took the test again, now get the new score that meet the requirement. But I am afraid I will be deported if I give them my new score, because of my status.
Need advice.
Thanks a lot.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Sorry... But did you mean that you will be deported for your English score?

Can you share more information about your status? dates?

canvan14

May 8, 2014
happy2014 said:
I filed Canada experience class, but out of status now. My English score did not meet the requirement in the first place, then I took the test again, now get the new score that meet the requirement. But I am afraid I will be deported if I give them my new score, because of my status.
Need advice.
Thanks a lot.
You can't hide your status from them. They know just by entering your name in their system, at least that's what I assume since they are immigration office.
How did you know your score doesnt meet the requirement? Did CIC inform you about it?
As iamroth I'm also curious to know your tineline. Please share.

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App ECAS(In Process): 29-Apr-2014
Med's Request
30-Apr-2014 RPRF Request : 30-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
03-May-2014 Med's Uploaded: 08-May-2014 RPRF Paid ......: 08-May-2014 ECAS(Medicals):17-May-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2014 ECAS(Decision): 24-May-2014 VO Change Req: 26-May-2014 VO Change Email: 16-Jun-2014 PP(For Stamping): 17-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
Please share your timelines?

happy2014

May 29, 2014
Thanks everybody, I applied Canadian experience class last July, and informed last Dec that my English score does not meet the requirement, and also mentioned I am suppose to stay legal status. I took the test again this may, got the right score. My concern is if they will grant me the PR or remove me because of my status.

Another question is if I get a job offer or accepted by a school now, can I apply the permit and get my status back?

Do I have other options under this situation?

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
happy2014 said:
Thanks everybody, I applied Canadian experience class last July, and informed last Dec that my English score does not meet the requirement, and also mentioned I am suppose to stay legal status. I took the test again this may, got the right score. My concern is if they will grant me the PR or remove me because of my status.

Another question is if I get a job offer or accepted by a school now, can I apply the permit and get my status back?

When did you last enter Canada?
What status did you enter under when you last entered Canada?
When did that status expire (if it expired)?
Did you apply for a change of status at any point (other than via the CEC program) and if so was it granted?
Are you still in Canada?

TL;DR Do you have any insight as to why CIC did not believe you had status for a period of time? We can only guess, it's still very unclear what your current status is and where you are from the information you have provided.

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
happy2014 said:

ok, first things first. I guess you had a study or wp that now is expired, if so first thing is to look for "restoration of status" which is possible only if the expiration of your old permit is on the last 90 days:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp#restoration

"You may seek restoration within 90 days after your status as a visitor, student or worker has been lost, because you failed to comply with one or more of the following conditions:

You remained in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay (but not longer than 90 days).
You changed employers or type of work before obtaining a new work permit.
You changed the type of studies, educational institution, location of studies, or times and periods of studies without applying to change these conditions on your study permit if they were specified on your study permit.
You may still be eligible for restoration if you continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with other conditions imposed."

However if this is not possible for you, you still can apply for CEC from outside the country, i want to believe that your claimed work experience was during legal status, if not, your application will be rejected
just look to do the things the right way and you should not have any problem