+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Upload limit is 4 MB, My passport has 100 pages, impossible to upload within 4 MB limit, can I split?

Apr 22, 2017
Hi @PMM you helped me yesterday to clarify a question, I'm tagging you to another question, hoping you may help.
I'm trying to fill online application on PR Portal for my PR Card renewal, file upload limit is 4 MB, but my passport has 100 pages, it's almost impossible for me to scan passport that is legible as well as within 4 MB limit.

Can I split it into two parts? Like, renaming file as Passport-Part-1 and Passport-Part-2, select category on "Document type" twice and upload these two parts? To makes thing clear to processing officer I'm thinking of adding a "Letter of explanation" to let them know why I split my passport in two parts.

Also tagging @dpenabill for help.

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi @PMM you helped me yesterday to clarify a question, I'm tagging you to another question, hoping you may help.
I'm trying to fill online application on PR Portal for my PR Card renewal, file upload limit is 4 MB, but my passport has 100 pages, it's almost impossible for me to scan passport that is legible as well as within 4 MB limit.

Can I split it into two parts? Like, renaming file as Passport-Part-1 and Passport-Part-2, select category on "Document type" twice and upload these two parts? To makes thing clear to processing officer I'm thinking of adding a "Letter of explanation" to let them know why I split my passport in two parts.

Also tagging @dpenabill for help.

Thanking you in advance.
The instructions for the form are still under construction. With a lot to be done.

For a PR card application the checklist does NOT require the applicant submit a copy of all passport pages. The checklist now covers both PR card and PR TD applications. Only in the part of the checklist for PR TD applications does it call for a copy of the passport and all pages of passports used in the last five years.

If you are applying for a PR card and submitting a copy of your passport as a primary identity document, the bio pages should suffice.

Repeated caution about things under construction: even the checklist has, at the least, some wrinkles . . . for PR TD applicants it literally only asks for "all pages" of "previous passports" and not the current passport, when for many if not most PRs their current passport will likely have the most pertinent information. My sense is they want all pages for current passport as well, but . . .