+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transferred to St. Claire after 2 yrs of processing at Kitchener office!!!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Now we need input on the following Questions: Is St. Claire the only office for RQ review nationwide?! Do most citizenship applications processed in Sydney only?! Is it true that St.Claire should be the stop before Test and Oath?

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
siki said:
Thank you adrewka. Here it sayon my ATIP
On the first page for case stage :Assess
I have 3 notes on the 1 note it says on the description:Completed RQ and copies of the documents received by the client on Feb to be matched to file L.TA
It sounds like they received your RQ response, but haven't put it in the same box with your file yet (typically happens when you sent RQ back too quickly - when they haven't received your file from CPC-S yet). You haven't posted your timeline, so can't tell you how real this scenario is for you.

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
egyo said:
Now we need input on the following Questions: Is St. Claire the only office for RQ review nationwide?! Do most citizenship applications processed in Sydney only?! Is it true that St.Claire should be the stop before Test and Oath?
No, St.Clair is reviewing GTA RQs only.

I don't understand your 2nd question.

No, St.Clair is not a required stop before Test and Oath for regular cases (where no RQ is issued).

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@andrewka Thank you so much. I appreciate your feedback. According to your answers eCas agents were misleading me...they told me that "St. Claire is to process your RQ but it is also a required stop before issuing your Test and Oath letters" ...

My second question was about Sydney as being the sole office to process citizenship application in Ontario?!

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
andrewka said:
It sounds like they received your RQ response, but haven't put it in the same box with your file yet (typically happens when you sent RQ back too quickly - when they haven't received your file from CPC-S yet). You haven't posted your timeline, so can't tell you how real this scenario is for you.
THX.I guess that could be the reason. here is my timeline
Application submitted july 2012
In process Dec 2012
RQ recieved jan 2013
Send Feb 2013( in 2 weeks)
File transfered to St clair's from scarborough April 2013
Called CIc Yesterday.The lady told me they havent even touched my file after that .

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
egyo said:
@ andrewka Thank you so much. I appreciate your feedback. According to your answers eCas agents were misleading me...they told me that "St. Claire is to process your RQ but it is also a required stop before issuing your Test and Oath letters" ...
When you say it this way - it is true. Once you've been issued an RQ - you are a non-routine case. If you are in GTA - then all RQs are sent to St.Clair for review. So in that sense - yes, St.Clair is a required stop for non-routine cases in GTA, before the case moves further. Current delay there is about 12-14 months.

My second question was about Sydney as being the sole office to process citizenship application in Ontario?!
CPC-Sydney is a centralized intake office. It receives and makes the first steps in processing citizenship applications for all of Canada.

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
I have applied on aug, 2012 and cic start processing my application on oct, 2012. On dec, 2012 I got RQ and i have been requested to forward it to my local office at niagara falls. I called recently called cic and I came to know that they have recieved my RQ and my documents and they forwarded to St . Claire office on march, 2013. when I asked them why they forwarded to St.Claire office as I am not from GTA, they have replied back that there is new project going on at St.Claire for reviewing RQ and my file then will be returned to niagara falls.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
canada4evr said:
I have applied on aug, 2012 and cic start processing my application on oct, 2012. On dec, 2012 I got RQ and i have been requested to forward it to my local office at niagara falls. I called recently called cic and I came to know that they have recieved my RQ and my documents and they forwarded to St . Claire office on march, 2013. when I asked them why they forwarded to St.Claire office as I am not from GTA, they have replied back that there is new project going on at St.Claire for reviewing RQ and my file then will be returned to niagara falls.
If you got RQ and your file is in St. Clair, don't expect to hear from them soon. Expect a minimum one year response time. So there's no need to contact CIC call centre asking about your status.