+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transferred to St. Claire after 2 yrs of processing at Kitchener office!!!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
I called CIC last week to know that my citizenship application processing has been finalized and transferred to St. Claire to set a time for the test...but called again today to be told by another CIC agent that it has been transferred to St. Claire for further review and verification!! Which one is correct?!! Any similar experience guys!! Leon, OKK, and others please let me know your insight on this.

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
egyo said:
I called CIC last week to know that my citizenship application processing has been finalized and transferred to St. Claire to set a time for the test...but called again today to be told by another CIC agent that it has been transferred to St. Claire for further review and verification!! Which one is correct?!! Any similar experience guys!! Leon, OKK, and others please let me know your insight on this.
As it stands now, St.Clair does not assign test dates - it is a dedicated RQ assessment center for the whole GTA. So the second agent is right - you likely hit some checkbox on their triage list that triggered additional review. Are you sure you haven't missed any important mail from them, like the Residency Questionnaire?

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for your response. We got RQ for my spouse and submitted it last April then got Fingerprints for myself which we submitted last July, then nothing new and no mail whatsoever since then.

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
egyo said:
Thanks for your response. We got RQ for my spouse and submitted it last April then got Fingerprints for myself which we submitted last July, then nothing new and no mail whatsoever since then.
Sounds about right. Based on others' reports, current time to review an RQ at St.Clair is 12-14 months from the time CIC receives a response. We don't know how they manage the queue - i.e. whether other offices send stuff to them on just in time basis or not, but assuming Kitchener transferred the file just in time for review - they should be looking at your file now. If you are not that lucky - you may be in for a 1 year wait.

Order your GCMS in a month or so to check your file location and look at file location description. If it is a "AA-review shelf" (AA - for officer's initials), then someone will be looking at it pretty soon, if it is "RQ-some date-etc shelf" - it is in general storage and you are now playing the waiting game.

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi egyo,
My office is Niagara falls. I have applied for citizenship on August,2012 and received RQ on Dec,2012 and replied back on Jan,2013. my file was also transferred to St.Clair office!! When I asked the Call Center Agent regarding the reason behind that transfer, he stated that there is new project for reviewing RQ going on at St.Clair and file then will be returned to local office after completing the review for the RQ.
Its seems like this government trying to invent new procedures in how they can delays all citizenship applications. :mad:

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Just called again today and the agent said "YES, it has been forwarded to St. Claire to set a time for Test and Oath" but he is expecting this not to happen until my PR renewal is processed and approved. NOW I AM VERY CONFUSED :(

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
egyo said:
Just called again today and the agent said "YES, it has been forwarded to St. Claire to set a time for Test and Oath" but he is expecting this not to happen until my PR renewal is processed and approved. NOW I AM VERY CONFUSED :(
Call them again and ask the following simple questions:
- Has my RQ been reviewed? (they should be able to provide a definitive answer. If it has been reviewed, there should be a note in the file saying "RQ reviewed.")
- Can you read 2 most recent notes you see in my file.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Someone in this forum mentioned that call centre agents barely have access to anything...so I am not sure if I ask about RQ being reviewed and finalized, I will get a "true and clear" answer..but I won't lose anything to give it a try and see. Thanks

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
egyo said:
Someone in this forum mentioned that call centre agents barely have access to anything...so I am not sure if I ask about RQ being reviewed and finalized, I will get a "true and clear" answer..but I won't lose anything to give it a try and see. Thanks
This is correct - they see almost the same stuff you can get via ATIP (minus censored parts).
But here is the catch - if RQ has been reviewed, there must be a note "RQ reviewed" in your file (may be with additional commentary.) If you ask the questions above - you should be able to determine whether they are "interpreting" what they see (with variable results - based on the agent), or just give you facts, plain and simple.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Where do you can find AA-reviewd or RQ reviews. I got my ATIP on July under the privacy act but I don't see any of these.

andrewka

Oct 15, 2012
siki said:
Where do you can find AA-reviewd or RQ reviews. I got my ATIP on July under the privacy act but I don't see any of these.
NOTES - this is where "RQ reviewed" or "RQ assessed" note must appear once they are done with your RQ.
FILES - Location field - for its location. May vary by office, but St.Clair puts shelf info there, which gives you a little bit of info as described above.

timmy28

Sep 12, 2013
What is triage criteria, What is the process of reviewing and Rq, is it the judge that makes the decision on the rq or the co, am confuse because it has been a year and a half since i submitted my rq

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
timmy28 said:
What is triage criteria, What is the process of reviewing and Rq, is it the judge that makes the decision on the rq or the co, am confuse because it has been a year and a half since i submitted my rq
I think most of the time its the judge

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
andrewka said:
NOTES - this is where "RQ reviewed" or "RQ assessed" note must appear once they are done with your RQ.
FILES - Location field - for its location. May vary by office, but St.Clair puts shelf info there, which gives you a little bit of info as described above.
Thank you adrewka. Here it sayon my ATIP
On the first page for case stage :Assess
I have 3 notes on the 1 note it says on the description:Completed RQ and copies of the documents received by the client on Feb to be matched to file L.TA