+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transferred to New York (NYVO)? JOIN HERE!

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
COPR in hand! Had to run down the street to catch the FedEx van because they didn't call me and just left a door tag, but I'm all done!!!!!!!! Best of luck to everyone, will definitely be sticking around to offer whatever help I can to others, I appreciate everyone else's support through this process!

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
COPR in hand! Had to run down the street to catch the FedEx van because they didn't call me and just left a door tag, but I'm all done!!!!!!!! Best of luck to everyone, will definitely be sticking around to offer whatever help I can to others, I appreciate everyone else's support through this process!
Holy hell! Congrats man!! It was a fun ride with you and learning together,

Reactions: gc1735

GG83

Oct 13, 2021
Hi! I'm in the same situation/timeline as you both right now, US citizen applicant sponsored by Canadian citizen spouse, got the PPR last week. I'm about to send the Passport request reply documents to the Los Angeles VAC but I'm a bit confused about one thing, which I hope you could help me with: It is my understanding from the PPR letter that I need to send a COPY of my US passport, and NOT the original passport. However on the VFS website instructions and in their reply email with the FedEx shipping labels, it says to send the ORIGINAL passport. WHICH ONE IS IT???? Thank you!

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Hi! I'm in the same situation/timeline as you both right now, US citizen applicant sponsored by Canadian citizen spouse, got the PPR last week. I'm about to send the Passport request reply documents to the Los Angeles VAC but I'm a bit confused about one thing, which I hope you could help me with: It is my understanding from the PPR letter that I need to send a COPY of my US passport, and NOT the original passport. However on the VFS website instructions and in their reply email with the FedEx shipping labels, it says to send the ORIGINAL passport. WHICH ONE IS IT???? Thank you!
Just one COPY of your passport bio page!

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Super, thank you so much!! :)
Just one COPY of your passport bio page!
If I could weigh in here, the differences in directions between the IRCC PPR and VFS info are really confusing. I ended up doing a combination of the two, I DID send in my original passport and I just got the email that my decision letter is being sent to the VAC. I also see in GCKey that my application as of today has been approved :D

EDIT: About an hour after writing this, got an update that VAC has received the decision letter.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021
Mailed PPR last Thurs evening. Sat in FedEx office until Monday morning because it's marked as must deliver on weekday (so don't send yours out later than Wed or Thurs before pickup otherwise it won't get delivered until next week). Delivered Tues, VFS sent an update 'dispatched to the IRCC office for processing' Wed afternoon, and this Thurs morning 'under process at the IRCC office'.

Might have it back by next week :O

manv

Jul 17, 2013
Hi everyone. Do we have anyone in this forum whose application was sent to nyvo , the principal applicant is from India and the application was received before jan 2021?
Application received Jan 08
Ecas status changed to app received almost 2 months
Nothing after that

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
And that's it. CoPR in hand. Delivered by FedEx about 15 minutes ago. It feels so surreal to hold these documents and know that I am eligible to live in an entirely new country. I want to thank everyone for being a part of this community, I felt like everyone in here was all in this together, especially @gc1735 with us basically having the exact same timeline and helping each other out.

I didn't have to chase FedEx down the street like they did but I did have to run downstairs and yell at them to NOT drive off, because I heard my dog barking at the door and knew that could only mean one thing o_O

I wish everyone the best of luck, CoPR is coming very soon. I am very happy to have been a part of this community.

-Jeramie

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
And that's it. CoPR in hand. Delivered by FedEx about 15 minutes ago. It feels so surreal to hold these documents and know that I am eligible to live in an entirely new country. I want to thank everyone for being a part of this community, I felt like everyone in here was all in this together, especially @gc1735 with us basically having the exact same timeline and helping each other out.

I didn't have to chase FedEx down the street like they did but I did have to run downstairs and yell at them to NOT drive off, because I heard my dog barking at the door and knew that could only mean one thing o_O

I wish everyone the best of luck, CoPR is coming very soon. I am very happy to have been a part of this community.

-Jeramie
Congrats, @Jerenny !!! So glad it arrived today - so glad we were able to go through this experience together and help one another out! Wishing you all the best as you move to Canada!

coffeebook

Oct 28, 2021
Hi everyone. Do we have anyone in this forum whose application was sent to nyvo , the principal applicant is from India and the application was received before jan 2021?
Hi! Yes, we submitted October 2020. We are going CRAZY waiting to hear back. We submitted medicals and an additional police clearance August 5 2021. Radio silence since then

Jarex

Star Member
May 30, 2021
Bet that was the quickest you've ever ran in your life! Haha congratulations that's excellent to hear!

My wife just had her medicals completed the other day and sent off a webform to inform the Visa Office hoping for a quick process from here on out!

Hope the rest of you are all doing well! It's been a wild ride but we all seem to be making great progress :D