+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transferred to local office

again001

Jul 24, 2008
I was reading some forums where some people say when a file is sent to the local office from Vegreville without having received First Stage Approval, it usually means it might take a little bit longer. Should I get ready for that?

Is there any other thing I should be aware of?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Sounds like this hasn't happened in your case, but CPC-V does send files to the local office before first stage approval sometimes . . . in a lot of cases I've seen, it seems to happen quite frequently over something as simple as an inland applicant filing for PR when they don't have legal temporary status in Canada. Other "issues" that can cause a file to go to the local office are when an interview is required, or when there is a criminal history and determination needs to be made as to whether the applicant is inadmissible.

Not entirely sure when AIP is granted before a transfer, and when it's not. Posts I've seen from people who've been transferred due to concerns about a criminal record, or because of lack of legal temporary status - AIP wasn't issued first. I can't recall hearing about a case where a file was transferred for an interview recently - so I don't know about AIP happening before or after that. Hopefully someone here has had that experience and can advise.

again001

Jul 24, 2008
Hello Robsluv, my wife and I went to the Citizenship and Immigration Centre at St Claire,Toronto. They pulled up our file and gave us the reason it was transferred. The reason is a little ridiculous. They say my wife had received social assistance. My wife is in college since 2007 and is not on any assistance. I am not on assistance. We support ourselves.

We went to the MP's office and they asked us to get letters from the social services stating we are not on assistance ...we have got those letters and mailed them already.

The second reason they gave was to prove our relationship to be bona fide. We sent alot of supporting documents ...I'm wondering if we have to invite an immigration officer to come watch us where we stay and how we sleep at night. It's very sad. They told us the back log in Etobicoke is 3yrs. We are thinking of transferring our files.