+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer to Manila VO

phcan2023

May 22, 2023
Hi everyone, our common law application was transferred to Manila visa office 2 weeks ago (May 11). May I ask why they are just sending this now. Don't they usually send the VO transfer right after sponsors approval? Has anybody else experienced a file transfer months after sponsors approval? Is this a good/bad sign in our application?

Our timeline
October 7 - Application submitted
December 15 - AOR 1
January 4 - BR
January 5 - MR, Sponsor approval
January 5 - GCKEY linked
January 9 - VFS Biometrics
January 25 - Medical Exam (IOM Makati)
January 27 - Medical passed
Feb 8 - PR Tracker account created

No updates (Jan 28 - April 18)

April 19 - background verification in progress (PR tracker)
May 11 - Transferred to Manila VO. CPC-Mississauga emailed me.

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They seem to have changed the procedures about both notifying of file transfers and when and why they transfer. There also seems to be some regional variation.

So very hard to say if it means anything. Best bet is it doesn't except that they transferred it.

I know everyone wants to read the chicken entrails and divine what every little thing means, but mostly that tells you how anxious you are and not much about what's happening to the file.

Reactions: Kaibigan

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I agree with @armoured. There is nothing to read into it, good or bad. They simply moved the file.

The IRCC website notes that they move files around according to varying workloads. Ours started out in Manila around time of sponsor approval and, as far I know, it's still there. But it could still be transferred back to Canada or anywhere else before all is done.

It appears you have already passed the major milestones and time to simply wait it out.

phcan2023

May 22, 2023
Oh I see. It's just seems like we were the only ones who got the email. I've asked in other groups if they've received a file transfer and we're the only one. Anyways hopes MVO works fast. I've seen a lot of PPRs from Mississauga for October applicants. Very discouraging when everyone is getting their PPRs and our application was transferred.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Oh I see. It's just seems like we were the only ones who got the email. I've asked in other groups if they've received a file transfer and we're the only one. Anyways hopes MVO works fast. I've seen a lot of PPRs from Mississauga for October applicants. Very discouraging when everyone is getting their PPRs and our application was transferred.
Those PPRs you say you have seen, were they for applicants from the Philippines? And can you say where you have seen a lot of PPRs from Mississauga for October applicants? I would expect maybe a few, but, even for Oct. 1 applicants, getting PPR now seems real quick. Less than 8 months. I am not holding out hope for anything less than the 16 months time posted in IRCC website. We applied late November. I don't expect an answer for about another year. 8 months would be nothing short of amazing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There seemed to be for a while (and perhaps is) a practice for files to get sent to Mississauga - or for a while was Ottawa - that are considered easy , and sometimes these would get reclassified and sent in to country office. Mostly this seemed to be for Indian nationals. (Very high volume of applicants). So they seemed to take longer.

But inconsistent over time and mostly interpretations from broad trends. In other words , a guess. Maybe partially true.

And also - completely useless info for the applicant anyway, since if the file was adjudged to be more complex, it would take time anyway - it wasn't "luck" of where it got sent but some other factor. And probably a Rorschach test anyway.

But if you want to use that info to get stressed, you're probably there anyway, so have at it.

Reactions: Kaibigan

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Just to add some data: Mine with a Filipina wife and daughter got sent to Mississauga CPC and a friend of mine with a Filipina wife and no dependent submitted within 5 days of ours got sent to Manila VO so it's weird. We both are from Quebec so we did CSQ steps too.

The only difference is that ours is easy and our relationship lasted almost 5 years while my friend's application is for a wife married within 1 year of meeting, so there is less evidence.

phcan2023

May 22, 2023
Just to add some data: Mine with a Filipina wife and daughter got sent to Mississauga CPC and a friend of mine with a Filipina wife and no dependent submitted within 5 days of ours got sent to Manila VO so it's weird. We both are from Quebec so we did CSQ steps too.

The only difference is that ours is easy and our relationship lasted almost 5 years while my friend's application is for a wife married within 1 year of meeting, so there is less evidence.
I see. Ours is 4 years though.

phcan2023

May 22, 2023
Right after we were transferred, our eligibility started. So at least there's movement right after the transfer last month. Then a ghost update on June 9. Hope there will be an update this week.

Reactions: Xilikon

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Hello everyone, My Husband is outland, VO Manila. We applied in May of 2022, and we just received the prearrival in the beginning of September of 2023. Yes, the VO Manila, does work at a slower pace, but there is nothing you can do but wait. Even submitting a web form to them, takes them over 30 days to respond. Not saying that it is always like this, but, from my experience this is the way that office works. we also have friends who applied this year and their file is in Ottawa, they have already completed the eligibility, medical and biometrics. Its been a few months since we have heard anything and unfortunately, it is very difficult to get info from the VO office of Manila. Patience is definitely something that you need. I hope everyone hears something really soon.

Bheth0907

Dec 10, 2023
Right after we were transferred, our eligibility started. So at least there's movement right after the transfer last month. Then a ghost update on June 9. Hope there will be an update this week.
Has there been any update for you since then? My partner passed the medical exam in October 10, 2023 and after a few months of waiting, we got an email on Jan 18, 2024 that our file was transferred to Manila office. Background check is still in progress so i'm not sure where are we at now.

phcan2023

May 22, 2023
Has there been any update for you since then? My partner passed the medical exam in October 10, 2023 and after a few months of waiting, we got an email on Jan 18, 2024 that our file was transferred to Manila office. Background check is still in progress so i'm not sure where are we at now.
Hello! Background check completed on June 26, 2023. Eligibility completed on September 25, 2023. And received passport request on October 3, 2023. CFO seminar was on October 17, 2023. You need the CFO certificate to show Philippine immigration officers. And my flight was on October 24, 2023.