Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
If someone with similar experience could advise.

I applied for my wife's outland (Pakistan) sponsorship on May 27, 2013. On June 15th, I got an email from CIC that I have been approved as a sponsor and the file has been transferred to Islamabad for her PR application processing - so far so good.

I applied for her TRV to come visit me here in Canada and that was approved and she came here on September 1st.

Now couple of days ago, I got an email from Islamabad Immigration office in a response to an old query that I had sent regarding some medical exam requirement - They said that my file is in Ottawa and I should contact CIC.

So I called CIC call center today and she confirmed that file is indeed in ottawa. When I asked her why is it in Ottawa when CIC confirmed it was moved to Islamabad in June, she said that maybe now that my wife is here on a TRV, the file has been moved here. I usually don't trust the CIC call center folks with their suppositions.

I have sent an email to CPP ottawa looking for explanation but in the meantime if someone here has had experience of this sort, let me know why the file is in Ottawa and if it'll continue processing here?

Thanks all

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
dotmatrix said:
If someone with similar experience could advise.

I applied for my wife's outland (Pakistan) sponsorship on May 27, 2013. On June 15th, I got an email from CIC that I have been approved as a sponsor and the file has been transferred to Islamabad for her PR application processing - so far so good.

I applied for her TRV to come visit me here in Canada and that was approved and she came here on September 1st.

Now couple of days ago, I got an email from Islamabad Immigration office in a response to an old query that I had sent regarding some medical exam requirement - They said that my file is in Ottawa and I should contact CIC.

So I called CIC call center today and she confirmed that file is indeed in ottawa. When I asked her why is it in Ottawa when CIC confirmed it was moved to Islamabad in June, she said that maybe now that my wife is here on a TRV, the file has been moved here. I usually don't trust the CIC call center folks with their suppositions.

I have sent an email to CPP ottawa looking for explanation but in the meantime if someone here has had experience of this sort, let me know why the file is in Ottawa and if it'll continue processing here?

Thanks all
Hi dotmatrix and congrats on getting a TRV for your wife. Most people are refused to have their spouse visit them while awaiting PR. I agree with not completely "trusting" the CIC call centre folks as they often give answers that they may not even be sure of.

Although I am not 100% sure myself either :) about the answer to your question, I can tell you that it is not typical for an entire overseas file to be sent to Ottawa unless that is where your file went for processing in the first place or they have rerouted a portion of work from your VO due to the PAFSO strike. If that was the case though the CIC call agent should have been able to confirm that.

Also Ottawa does receive all of the medical information for most if not all VOs (usually electronically) so perhaps when you made that prior query re: something to do with the medical that may have prompted something......just speculating......

You have sent an e-mail to Ottawa, was it a case specific enquiry (CSE) with all of your details? You may also want to try calling them again, a different/more experienced agent could possibly get to the bottom of it. Best wishes and I am sure a few more members will chime in on this question.

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
October 8, 2013 (Flagpoled at Coutts,AB)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading somewhere on this forum or on CIC's website that Ottawa actually handles all cases for the Islamabad VO (either as a temporary measure or permanent).

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
x-ing said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading somewhere on this forum or on CIC's website that Ottawa actually handles all cases for the Islamabad VO (either as a temporary measure or permanent).
Hi @x-ing, I have read something similar as Ottawa had a pilot project going on for awhile where they were diverting files but I do not know from which offices or for how long.

@dotmatrix - have you searched or posted your question on the Islamabad thread? The other option is to call your MP's office, they should know or be able to find out answers more quickly as they can contact the visa offices directly. Let us know what you find out!

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hi dotmatrix and congrats on getting a TRV for your wife. Most people are refused to have their spouse visit them while awaiting PR. I agree with not completely "trusting" the CIC call centre folks as they often give answers that they may not even be sure of.

Although I am not 100% sure myself either :) about the answer to your question, I can tell you that it is not typical for an entire overseas file to be sent to Ottawa unless that is where your file went for processing in the first place or they have rerouted a portion of work from your VO due to the PAFSO strike. If that was the case though the CIC call agent should have been able to confirm that.

Also Ottawa does receive all of the medical information for most if not all VOs (usually electronically) so perhaps when you made that prior query re: something to do with the medical that may have prompted something......just speculating......

You have sent an e-mail to Ottawa, was it a case specific enquiry (CSE) with all of your details? You may also want to try calling them again, a different/more experienced agent could possibly get to the bottom of it. Best wishes and I am sure a few more members will chime in on this question.
Thanks for your responses. I guess you are right CdnandTrini. Here's the reply I got from Ottawa today

Good day,

Your file is being processed by the visa office in Islamabad.

It is part of a work sharing arrangement Ottawa has with Islamabad. While our office has part of your physical file, your application will be processed by an officer in Islamabad, according to the processing times of the Islamabad office. An agent from that office will contact you when more information is necessary.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
dotmatrix said:
Thanks for your responses. I guess you are right CdnandTrini. Here's the reply I got from Ottawa today

Good day,

Your file is being processed by the visa office in Islamabad.

It is part of a work sharing arrangement Ottawa has with Islamabad. While our office has part of your physical file, your application will be processed by an officer in Islamabad, according to the processing times of the Islamabad office. An agent from that office will contact you when more information is necessary.
I hope you feel better now :)

I want to ask you what did you do to convince the visa office that your wife will back home ??
" I talk about TRV "

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
mosaab said:
I hope you feel better now :)

I want to ask you what did you do to convince the visa office that your wife will back home ??
" I talk about TRV "
To be honest, I don't know how he was convinced. I did attach her employment letter, a job she only held for a month. And she wrote in a letter that her entire family is there plus she won't overstay and jeopardize the more important PR application.

I think it depends on the Visa officer how sympathetic he is. The summary of my application was that look my PR application is process - it's gonna take 29 months - I wanna go see my husband - give me a visa. The VO sympathized and he gave her a 4 year multiple TRV

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
dotmatrix said:
To be honest, I don't know how he was convinced. I did attach her employment letter, a job she only held for a month. And she wrote in a letter that her entire family is there plus she won't overstay and jeopardize the more important PR application.

I think it depends on the Visa officer how sympathetic he is. The summary of my application was that look my PR application is process - it's gonna take 29 months - I wanna go see my husband - give me a visa. The VO sympathized and he gave her a 4 year multiple TRV
Ya i believe there is no clear criteria for this matter

i think this is up to officer mood in that day :)

the most of applicant for TRV who have application in family class they get refusal !

So I'm hesitant

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
mosaab said:
Ya i believe there is no clear criteria for this matter

i think this is up to officer mood in that day :)

the most of applicant for TRV who have application in family class they get refusal !

So I'm hesitant
There is no harm in trying - It won't affect your PR application. If anything, it'll make it stronger by suggesting that your relationship is genuine and you really want your spouse to be with you in Canada.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
dotmatrix said:
There is no harm in trying - It won't affect your PR application. If anything, it'll make it stronger by suggesting that your relationship is genuine and you really want your spouse to be with you in Canada.
I tried one year ago,
before my wife leaving to Canada and make the sponsorship,

really i feel bad toward this step,
I don't know why ? !!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mosaab said:
I tried one year ago,
before my wife leaving to Canada and make the sponsorship,

really i feel bad toward this step,
I don't know why ? !!
Hi mosaab, my husband and I tried as well before we were married and were refused 4 times!! Usually if you get one refusal, they stick to that while the PR is in process. So now we wait and our VO has a long processing time of 20 months :(. Blessings for you and your wife to have a speedy process.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hi mosaab, my husband and I tried as well before we were married and were refused 4 times!! Usually if you get one refusal, they stick to that while the PR is in process. So now we wait and our VO has a long processing time of 20 months :(. Blessings for you and your wife to have a speedy process.
Thank you very much for your sympathy

I wish you get fasting process for your application too

I seen some member here from port of Spain applicant they got the PR visa less than 1 year !