+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo to a satellite office (NYC, Seattle, LA, Detroit)

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
michaelab said:
I got this e-mail from Detroit today...I am really confused about FBI certificate and our daughter's Canadian citizenship proof..
Are they saying they haven't received them or they have received them????? Please read below...

" Good afternoon.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

This message contains important information regarding the continued processing of your application.

- your original FBI certificate. Refer to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

- evidence of Canadian citizenship for (our daughter's name)

Change of address
It is imperative that you inform the Detroit office of any change in your mailing address.

Note: Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line Change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Detroit.

Change in family status
You must notify us of any birth, marriage, engagement, divorce, death, or any other significant change in your marital or family composition. You can do so by email, mail or fax. Failure to advise us of these changes could result in delays in processing and possible refusal of your application.

We do not confirm receipt of mail or faxes. Please send information only once. Do not email, fax and mail the same information.

Regards,

Immigration and Visas - 3
Canadian Consulate General/ Consulat général du Canada 600 Renaissance Centre, Suite 1100 Detroit, Michigan 48243-1798
Phone: (313) 567-2085 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (313) 567-2085 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
|Fax: (313) 567-2125
E-mail: detroit-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Sites : http://www.cic.gc.ca or http://Detroit.gc.ca.
"
What the heck would they want your proof of your daughters Canadian citizenship for? That is weird.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
heatherusa said:
What the heck would they want your proof of your daughters Canadian citizenship for? That is weird.
Yeah I'm curious too. At first I was thinking, they just are being through as she would have needed to be included on all the documents/medical if she weren't.
But, did you include birth certificate?
I guess I should be prepared to have to send a copy of my kids certs of citizenship.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
so depressed about this, this week.

i still had optimism and high hopes back in May, when someone nice phoned me from the NY Consulate to re-assure me everything would be fine (as soon as I got a new FBI clearance to replace the one someone had lost somewhere post-Mississauga).

then it took three months to get the new FBI clearance.

and it's now four months since i heard a single word from anyone about my application. my status on eCas has been "in process" for . . .forever.

the NY consulate has had my application since MARCH. six months.

if everything was looking fine in May, what in the world is the holdup now???????????????????????????????????????

MissyS

Star Member
Nov 25, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
05-24-2010
Passport Req..
06-12-2010
nyssa said:
For those of you who had their files transferred to Detroit, did you check off "Detroit" as your interiew location? I know it's not about having an interview, but I'm just curious. :)
My file was transferred to Los Angeles, and I checked of "Seattle" as my interview location. Strange.

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
MissyS said:
My file was transferred to Los Angeles, and I checked of "Seattle" as my interview location. Strange.
Hmmmm. I dont' remember hearing of anyone who has been transferred to Seattle lately. Maybe Seattle does't currently take transfer applications. ....just my guess.
But if that's the case, maybe Buffalo thought LA would be the closest location to Seattle.

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Thanks for your replies everyone! I e-mailed both Detroit and Buffalo to let them know that I sent the certificate to Buffalo 2 weeks before I received the transfer notice. I hope to hear from them soon (maybe not?)

As for our daughter's Canadian citizenship proof...I included her American birth certificate (she was born in the States) with the info (such as Client ID of her Canadian citizenship process)..I guess for some reason they want to make sure she's legal (geez they can't check by her client ID number?).

If you already have the kids' Citizenship certificate, it would be better to include with your application to avoid the delay like mine.

can_usa_97 said:
Yeah I'm curious too. At first I was thinking, they just are being through as she would have needed to be included on all the documents/medical if she weren't.
But, did you include birth certificate?
I guess I should be prepared to have to send a copy of my kids certs of citizenship.

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Grats!! I need to import my vehicle when I land as well..let us know how things go!

CeeGee said:
michaelab--Wait for that citizenship card for your daughter and then FedEx your other FBI certificate along with her citizenship card all at one time to Detroit. Don't even bother to try to get them to try track down your FBI certificate at Buffalo, unless you do it by email. Send those things that are needed all at one time together. Rumor has it that when items are missing from your file, it just sits in a drawer and is revisited weeks later at some random date to see if the necessary things have been sent or not. Make sure when your missing items get to the file that they get to the file together. Hopefully whoever files them, will get your file back into the "processing" mode!

By the way, my visa came along with the Confirmation of Permanent Residency form in the mail yesterday via my prepaid FedEx label. So, all I have to do is import my three vehicles, go back to the States twice for various loads, and wait for Permanent Resident card to come. Evidently, those are taking about seven to eight weeks at this point.

How can I thank all of you on this forum for your help assistance, advice, moral support and encouragement. A special thanks goes to RobsLuv whose advice how to wait out my "outland" application allowed me to spend the last six months with my beloved husband, Mike. It has been a crazy, stressful ride, but I am very grateful to have found the love of my life in Canada. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
omg~ someone from Detroit replied via e-mail this morning (I e-mailed them last night!) this...

"Sir/Madam,

Every day, we receive approximately 1.5 boxes of mail, 40 courier envelopes. 7.5 cm of faxes and 150-200 email enquiries. We do not have the resources to confirm receipt of these items.
"

I guess I will never know...it's good that I have an extra FBI certificate...but still not making me feel better.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
michaelab said:
omg~ someone from Detroit replied via e-mail this morning (I e-mailed them last night!) this...

"Sir/Madam,

Every day, we receive approximately 1.5 boxes of mail, 40 courier envelopes. 7.5 cm of faxes and 150-200 email enquiries. We do not have the resources to confirm receipt of these items.
"

I guess I will never know...it's good that I have an extra FBI certificate...but still not making me feel better.
OMG, I mean I get they get that much stuff, but seriously. Shouldn't they be able to look in your file with your # and see if it's there?
Makes me very nervous as I mailed mine to Buffalo yesterday (with my labels on the document & outside).
I am so nervous they'll end up transferring me suddenly.

As to the Cert of Citizenship, we filed my kids at the same time as we filed my application with proof of having sent for them, as well as their American birth certificates -so basically exactly what you did. We did get our Cert of Citizenship's in 2 weeks though. So just a matter of if/when they ask for them. At least we are together legally in the US and so we can continue to stay here if things mess up, and financially it makes more sense. :(

GL!

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Yeah I know they should be able to look it up esp when they are the one who asked! I told myself that I will not send anything (well besides FBI and citizenship certificate) unless they ask in the future. I thought I was saving time when I went ahead and sent off my FBI certificate to Buffalo but sounds like it is going to cause more delay. :eek: ??? :'(

Our daughter's citizenship certificate has been in process since April/May...yes it has been taking this long...I am expecting to have it any day now..that's what CIC told my husband.

can_usa_97 said:
OMG, I mean I get they get that much stuff, but seriously. Shouldn't they be able to look in your file with your # and see if it's there?
Makes me very nervous as I mailed mine to Buffalo yesterday (with my labels on the document & outside).
I am so nervous they'll end up transferring me suddenly.

As to the Cert of Citizenship, we filed my kids at the same time as we filed my application with proof of having sent for them, as well as their American birth certificates -so basically exactly what you did. We did get our Cert of Citizenship's in 2 weeks though. So just a matter of if/when they ask for them. At least we are together legally in the US and so we can continue to stay here if things mess up, and financially it makes more sense. :(

GL!

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Apparently they have time to MEASURE the pile of fax papers, but not read them!!! :p

Don't you hate that? Someone can take the 5 minutes to write you a snippy little email about their workload but can't take those same 5 minutes to get up and look in your file. Oh well, at least you have a second copy! Very smart!

@bonacker - Aww I'm sorry :( I'm almost certain that your file is just waiting for someone to open it back up and confirm that you're ok. I hope they do that and mail you your letter soon!! Missing FBI papers certainly cause long delays :(

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
yeah lol I thought it was pretty funny too. Obviously someone there measures how thick the pile of the papers they have in their office!

giggles1985 said:
Apparently they have time to MEASURE the pile of fax papers, but not read them!!! :p

Don't you hate that? Someone can take the 5 minutes to write you a snippy little email about their workload but can't take those same 5 minutes to get up and look in your file. Oh well, at least you have a second copy! Very smart!

@ bonacker - Aww I'm sorry :( I'm almost certain that your file is just waiting for someone to open it back up and confirm that you're ok. I hope they do that and mail you your letter soon!! Missing FBI papers certainly cause long delays :(

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Checked my email today and got my PPR!!!!!!! :eek:

Two weeks to the day after my transfer to Detroit!!! I can hardly believe it , I mean, I hoped of course. Payday is tomorrow so I'll be heading out to get our photos in order and it looks like (barring some tragedy) I will without a doubt have my OHIP before the baby comes! THANK GOODNESS!!! :p :p :p :p *booty shaking* :p :p :p :p

Ceegee can you walk me through how you mailed it?? How long did it take for return? Did you have to mail from Canada or the US..I'm in Canada. I SO wish I could go in person as I can just about see the bloody building from my front door.

So my processing time was a week and a half shy of five months :D I cannot wait to tell the hubs!

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Wow two weeks! Excellent, even for a satellite office! Amazing! Congrats for your good news, Vervain :)
Must be a relief to know that you will have healthcare for the baby coming.