+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo to a satellite office (NYC, Seattle, LA, Detroit)

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
I think I am going to get another FBI certificate as well. My application has been "in process" for 3 months now, but I am still worried that they may loose something that will take me months to replace...like FBI
...maybe I am just paranoid...dont know

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Better safe than sorry.. I'd much rather have it and not need it.. like an umbrella on a cloudy day. :)

S

SaugaBoss

bonacker i really hope u get ur PPR ASAP that is ridiculous :mad: :mad: *next week hoping to hear about a PPR from u* :D

CeeGee

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Well, last week I was transferred to Detroit, and the good news is:

This email I received from Detroit today says, "Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance."

My file was transferred to Detroit last week. LAST WEEK!!!!! So, for those of you worried about Detroit as a bad option, maybe, instead substitute a good thought, instead. (By the way, Vervain, my research shows that the listed time for Detroit is 20 weeks, which is 5 months. Not sure where you saw the 8 months??)

Anyhow, on both the June thread and the Buffalo thread I gave a lot of our backstory, so read those threads if you want more info. But, I would believe that one's file being transferred might be a VERY GOOD THING. Bonacker, I am so sorry that has not proven true for you. I'm sure you are disappointed beyond words!

Hope I check in and keep seeing swift timelines for one and all!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
CeeGee, thought you were going through NYC! I wish you were, so I could be encouraged :p but great news! Hopefully we will get PPR this month!

Did you email them so that they had your email to contact, or did they just use what was on your application?

CeeGee

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
I had never contacted CIC in any way. I just filled out the form and put our email address in the space requested. They have contacted me by email ever since they transferred my file.

Also, I would be hesitant about emailing CIC unless absolutely necessary. I was a government worker at one time, and we had to work on huge stacks of files. Every time someone would contact us, their file would get pulled out of the "work" stack, brought to the top, and then they would end up "there" instead of back to their correct order. And "there" often was the last of the stack.

Government workers often work on somewhat rotten conditions, and they can get irritated, so I always try to be a "yes, ma'am" kind of person and keep my head down and unnoticed.

Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't contact them about legitimate questions and information needed to update them, but it does mean that I wouldn't email them, just so they had my email address.

The only other thing that I did that might have helped is that I did not send the file until it was absolutely complete, and I paid all the fees months in advance. And, we had a great medical guy who did nothing but immigration medicals here in Canada and he really knew his stuff!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I completely understand! I didn't want to bug them, but I know that sometimes the email gives them permission to contact you via email.. so I'll just keep my mouth shut! :p I emailed Buffalo a couple of times, maybe that's why they sent me away, lol!

I emailed Buffalo to change my address... but they ignored it and sent my information to the old address anyway! The correspondence got to that address very quickly though (Mom's place) so I think I'll just leave it alone and let Mom call me if/when they send something else!

I also sent in a complete application with all fees paid... TONS of evidence for a pretty straightforward case anyway.. so hopefully I'll get PPR soon too :)

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
CeeGee,
Congrats on the speedy process!!! Wow!!

You are right, we shouldn't bug them with emails, but it's so hard to just sit and wait and wait without any news or requests whatsoever.
And the fact that you gathered a lot of evidence probably helped.

I did not send a lot of evidence with my application. My husband is a minimalist, so he felt that what we have sent was enough. He is a lawyer too, so when he said that this is enough evidence, I believed him
....that is until I joined this forum :(

But, what's done is done. I hope there is no interview though. It'll slow down the process even further!

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
CeeGee said:
Vervain, my research shows that the listed time for Detroit is 20 weeks, which is 5 months. Not sure where you saw the 8 months??)
I got an email from Detroit with a link to the Detroit office page here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/imm/normal.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=11&menu=L
When you scroll down it says 8 months processing time for Spousal PR apps.

Congrats, I am getting SO antsy. I've been doing research on another forum (Road to Canada) and you are the seventh Detroit transfer to get PPR in less than two weeks. Dare I hope???

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
I know, I regret emailing the NY office. But since someone nice had phoned me from there in May -- being friendly and re-assuring me I needed the new certificate but all should be smooth after that -- I somehow translated that into encouragement that it was okay. "So, oh, yeah, I'll email them twice~!" Shouldn't have done it.

My original application was totally complete, too; other than the medicals which went from Ottawa (outside my control). But that didn't help me at all.

How bizarre that more than one person has had their FBI clearance disappear somewhere between Mississauga, Buffalo, and New York.

The New York office clearly didn't believe me that I'd really sent the FBI cert in January . . . even tho I had the letter from Mississauga confirming the application was complete other than the medicals from Ottawa . . . and even though I had the receipt from the FBI, and the FBI had a record that I'd gotten the first certificate . . . None of it mattered.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
OnTheMove said:
I did not send a lot of evidence with my application. My husband is a minimalist, so he felt that what we have sent was enough. He is a lawyer too, so when he said that this is enough evidence, I believed him
....that is until I joined this forum :(
My husband is the same way... but I did the whole app by myself, so I did it MY way. :p I'm the type that always overdoes things.. I think it's a teacher thing :)

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Question for CeeGee - did the email you got actually ask for your passport? What you've quoted so far that it "appears ready for visa issuance" sounds to me like they are almost done and you will get a PPR soon.

CeeGee

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Yes, the email I got actually asked for my passport. It seemed weird to me when it started off with the word visa, but, then it continued with a request for my passport for permanent residency.

What exactly does PPR stand for?

And what does that letter look or sound like?

By the way, not all good news--as I was pulling into a parking space at the local mall I overshot the turn and sideswiped the adjoining truck. I have never hit anyone in my life, but I am used to Mazda not my full-size pickup. I am also used to the diagonal aligned spaces back in California. Anyone else have problem with the tight spaces in Canada lots? Must be that I am getting old. . . .

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
PPR stands for Pass Port Request. Which it sounds like you got. Congrats! :) The wording you used earlier had me wondering.

I don't actually know what it's supposed to sound like but the "appears ready" just sounds iffy to me :p It sounds like.. "we think it might be ok.. maybe.." to me, haha.
Must just be me, then.

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
CeeGee said:
the way, not all good news--as I was pulling into a parking space at the local mall I overshot the turn and sideswiped the adjoining truck. I have never hit anyone in my life, but I am used to Mazda not my full-size pickup. I am also used to the diagonal aligned spaces back in California. Anyone else have problem with the tight spaces in Canada lots? Must be that I am getting old. . . .
Hehehe CeeGee you had to pay some karmic price for your quick processing! We just totalled our car two weeks ago :p