+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo to a satellite office (NYC, Seattle, LA, Detroit)

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
beantown said:
My husabnd's application timeline is almost the exact same as yours: filed in Miss. on April 6, sponsor approved early May; began processing June 7. But we've never received anything by email. Was this the first email you got from CIC or Buffalo?

thanks,
Yes this was the first email update that I received from them. The AOR came in the mail.

However, I don't know if they would send you an email if you have never contacted them before and provided your email address. The reason I am saying this is that when I had submitted a question via case-specific email option, the auto response I got is that by emailing them I am giving them a consent to correspond with me via email.

"Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email
communication with CIC and CIC is thereby authorized to use the email
address provided by you for communication with you including the
transmission of personal information on your file/case."

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
I had also submitted a question via email a while ago. I was not sure if their contacting my by email was related to this or to the fact that I had provided an email in my application.
Either way, I am glad they are using email. It is much more efficient.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
My e-CAS now shows that my file has been transferred to LA and says "The Los Angeles office may contact you."

I wish I had any idea of how long LA might take to finalize my application ???

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
Hi all,

My husband just received an email today from Buffalo stating that his application has been transferred to LA as well. I hope this means we can still pick up the Visa in Buffalo since we live in Quebec now :-\ I hope it doesn't take 90 days! This would mean my husband would have to re-do his medical...ughhhhhh...

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
can_80_n said:
Hi all,

My husband just received an email today from Buffalo stating that his application has been transferred to LA as well. I hope this means we can still pick up the Visa in Buffalo since we live in Quebec now :-\ I hope it doesn't take 90 days! This would mean my husband would have to re-do his medical...ughhhhhh...

Welcome to the club!!
It sucks that your application was transferred to another office after having been sitting in Buffalo for almost 2 months. Mine was transferred to NYC after a month in Buffalo.
It looks like Buffalo started processing our applications at almost the same time

S

SaugaBoss

i just received a letter in the mail that buffalo hascreated a file for me and they may transfer my file for further processing.

beantown

Mar 30, 2010
giggles1985 said:
I had also submitted a question via email a while ago. I was not sure if their contacting my by email was related to this or to the fact that I had provided an email in my application.
Either way, I am glad they are using email. It is much more efficient.
Hmmm, i wonder if it's because i am the Sponsor, not the Applicant, initiating the email communication. Perhaps this is why i haven't received any prior emails from them.

S

SaugaBoss

whenever i send emails out i put both sponsor and applicants info just so they can respond

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
My file went from Buffalo to New York ages and ages ago. (Whole process delayed because somewhere along the line someone lost my original FBI clearance; I've heard of two people with this same issue associated w/the NY office.)

Anyway, anyone have any further info on the speculation around whether we absolutely must submit our passport to the satellite office-- or if it's still possible to go in person to Buffalo, despite our file's transfer?

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
bonacker said:
My file went from Buffalo to New York ages and ages ago. (Whole process delayed because somewhere along the line someone lost my original FBI clearance; I've heard of two people with this same issue associated w/the NY office.)

Anyway, anyone have any further info on the speculation around whether we absolutely must submit our passport to the satellite office-- or if it's still possible to go in person to Buffalo, despite our file's transfer?
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to get the file transferred back to Buffalo. I am in the same boat and wish that my file was still in Buffalo so that I could get a visa on the spot. I've heard all kinds of issues with the NYC office: 90 day wait for no apparent reason, yes, loss of police certificates, long wait for passport return. Makes me nervous!!!

....don't mean to sound discouraging......just trying to prepare for the worst....crossing my fingers for the best :'(

S

SaugaBoss

bonacker said:

omg i would be pissEDDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddddd

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
can_80_n said:
Hi all,

Congrats on your PPR today, can_80_n :)

Was there someone else transferred LA recently or just the two of us? I can't remember.

One month processing, nice... this perfectly fits in with what I've read from everyone else who goes through the LA office.. PPR in about a month. It's so depressing that my letter came right on time.. but it was a letter asking for random crap instead of my passport :(

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
giggles1985 said:
Congrats on your PPR today, can_80_n :)

Was there someone else transferred LA recently or just the two of us? I can't remember.

One month processing, nice... this perfectly fits in with what I've read from everyone else who goes through the LA office.. PPR in about a month. It's so depressing that my letter came right on time.. but it was a letter asking for random crap instead of my passport :(
Don't worry giggles, I'm sure once you send the info it will be quick for the PPR. If you look at our timelines, you're actually ahead of us in terms of when we applied. Have you sent them the info they wanted yet?

I think we are the only 2 on this thread that had their files tranferred to LA.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, you're right. I noticed I was a bit ahead of you. You're going to Quebec, though, right? Those seem to take longer from what I've seen on here.

I just mailed out my info today. It will be in LA tomorrow :)
I hope they will look at it soon, I'm sure they will be satisfied that we are financially stable. And hopefully after that issue a PPR! :D

I sure hope they don't request anything else.. my job is being very patient in working with me but I have already trained a replacement who is ready to step in as soon as I go so I don't think they will keep me around forever.. you know?

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
giggles1985 said:
Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, you're right. I noticed I was a bit ahead of you. You're going to Quebec, though, right? Those seem to take longer from what I've seen on here.

I just mailed out my info today. It will be in LA tomorrow :)
I hope they will look at it soon, I'm sure they will be satisfied that we are financially stable. And hopefully after that issue a PPR! :D

I sure hope they don't request anything else.. my job is being very patient in working with me but I have already trained a replacement who is ready to step in as soon as I go so I don't think they will keep me around forever.. you know?
Yeah, I am going thru Quebec so it does take a bit longer. I wouldn't be surprised if you got an email or phone call late next week.
We are fedexing my husband's passport tomorrow! Let's see how long it will take to get it back. Hopefully they won't lose it :p