+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo to a satellite office (NYC, Seattle, LA, Detroit)

Dora

Jan 21, 2010
plumosa said:
I think that they requested the FBI report simply out of habit since its a US office. I would send a fax or case-specific email to the office and try to get a response. But if its been that long and he hasn't heard from them, they are probably waiting for the FBI report to come in, so I would get on that ASAP just in case. Either way, some communication is a must to get this thing to move forward!
Sound advice Plumosa. Thanks

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Just bringing this one up.

My ecas pops up every tuesday now, but it is the same thing; 'your file has been transferred to Detroit, we have started processing your file' bla bla.

Cheers
Hal.

ash2108

Feb 11, 2011
Hi All,

I have one general query,
Currently I am in US, and had courier my passport to NYC for visa stamping on 24th Jan, 2011, still waiting for my passport, my status in ecas is updated as Decision Made, when can i expect to receive my passport, as my US visa is going to expire soon.

Thanks,
Ash

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Hello everyone.

I have a question for you guys after reading some of your posts.

Will it be faster if the application is sent to a satellite office rather than buffalo since buffalo is getting thousands of applications weekly?

Please, any help is appreciated.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
you can't decide to send to a satelite office.
You have to send to Mississauga, Then THEY send to Buffalo, then THEY send it on if they like.

Cheers
H.

Dora

Jan 21, 2010
Finally PPR for my son. I've tried searching the site but to make it easy can anyone tell me how long it will take to have the visa and passport returned? Thanks

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
STILL waiting, now I'm just plain impatient. I have a good job awating, that I can't take because of this dang thing...

Should be farking straightforward, no kids, been living with my fiancee for the last 4 years in Canada... Holy can I get more desperate and down??

Sent a case specific enquiry today, so we'll see wether there is some response. Seemed like everyone else who got their file transferred were receiving visas in 2 weeks, and I'm soon at 4 months...

karla718

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011
Passport Req..
06-09-2011
TheHal - I'm sorry that it's taking so long. Hopefully they speed up.

If you don't mind I have a question: how long did it take for your file to officially arrive at Detroit from Buffalo? Buffalo sent me the transfer email exactly a month ago today, but as of yesterday afternoon Detroit still does not have my application. At least according to their files. From reading previous emails, things usually progress quickly after a transfer, and I'm starting to fear that my application is lost in the wind.

I would love to hear from any and everyone who has been transferred from Buffalo to Detroit. Really transferred anywhere. I am getting incredibly anxious and a little scared.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
My ecas said that buffalo had started processing on Jan 13th, and the file was transferred on Jan 26th. Has been in process ever since.

I got an email back from Detroit that the file was jusrt waiting for the RFPR fee, which I had paid a month prior, but the receipt was not good enough for them, I have to wait untill Mississauga sends them confirmation on receipt of the payment... So I resent everything to Mississauga a week ago by courier, with ALL my ID numbers (sponsors ID, Mississauga number, Buffalo/Detroit number) AND the ID of the case officer, just initials of course, but no joy so far, and I sometimes wonder how the bureaucracy can be so slow when it comes to opening an envelope, and addin 1 sheet of paper to a file and entering 5 words on a computer... particularily since they have had my paper there for over a month...

Anyways, my patience is wearing thin, but still patient. I have a new job coming up, so I need my stinkin' papers...
Cheers
H.